CyReN

Film Discussion

It's not like it was impossible to enjoy - BvS definitely had moments where I was like "Damn, this could've been really good." but there were so many tiny elements holding it back. It wasn't the worst but it was far from something special. Which is okay because Hollywood is oversaturated with superhero movies at the moment lol. (not that I'm complaining, keep em comin!)

• Downvote (-1) 1

It's not like it was impossible to enjoy - BvS definitely had moments where I was like "Damn, this could've been really good." but there were so many tiny elements holding it back. It wasn't the worst but it was far from something special. Which is okay because Hollywood is oversaturated with superhero movies at the moment lol. (not that I'm complaining, keep em comin!)

Yeah it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen but i didn't go into it thinking it would be. 

If you guys want free tickets. Hurry the eff up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome!! Let me know how it is, no spoilers though please!!! :) 

American Splendor - (91-100)

Snowpiercer (85/100)

The Crash Reel (98/100)

Win Win (88/100)

Sicaro (84/100)

Just My Luck (100/100)

Just Married (99/100)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just finished my website; looking for some criticism:

http://www.trevormack.ca/

Also, if y'all wanna follow my film journeys (I'm directing 7 episodes of a $2.1 million TV show this summer):

Insta: @trevormack22

Twitter: @trevormack22

Snap: trevormack

• Upvote (+1) 1

Filming my short film this Sept in LA as well:

26377303765_f5cb0cf1b3_b.jpg

Which is about the perpetual cycle of war, how mainstream media can alter our perception of reality, and how vulnerable people can be pushed to do extreme things. All while having no dialogue

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also, got a little personal tour of Peter Jackson's Park Road post production company when I was in New Zealand. Mike Hedges showed me this:

12931035_10156730486215717_7289544540487

Fuck... it's actually heady af

• Upvote (+1) 1

Elle is more talented imo, and she's literally going to be in all the movies this year and next.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching The Neon Demon tomorrow. Hopefully Refn and/or Keanu are in attendance for a Q&A.

4BeLqqz.gif

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

screening here in SF. Hopefully this isn't a catfish situation where I ultimately end up on Dateline.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just had a 4 hour meeting in a boardroom with 4 producers where I pitched my ideas and story for these 7 episodes I'm directing. Holy shit I got ripped a new one a few times but overall it ended very well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just saw The Jungle Book; I enjoyed the style of the film a lot, wish more films were like it.

Other than a few cheesy parts not many complaints from me.

• Upvote (+1) 2