CyReN

Film Discussion

I can't wait to see it! Plus it's only 90 minutes long so I won't be wasting my time like all these other dumb movies coming out breaking 2 and half hours for no apparent reason.

there are a lot of good movies out and coming soon. why the fuck would i waste my money rn? ($12 for a normal ticket) ill wait for the screener on hh

Idk seems like HH is a movie you'll want to see in a theater rather than at home on your laptop.

i have headphones with a 60" screen at the house for free... just cuz i wont be feeling the vibrations in my ballsack doesnt mean it aint an acceptable viewing experience

I'll probably check out HH because i'm curious whether or not it falls victim to its gimmick.

"You could go see "Hardcore Henry"  — or you could gulp down a pint of vodka, load in "Grand Theft Auto," then strap the TV to your face and throw yourself down the stairs." 

source: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/hardcore-henry-not-worth-point-viewing-review-article-1.2588095

I'll probably check out HH because i'm curious whether or not it falls victim to its gimmick.

It seems like the gimmick will get old after half an hour. I'll probably watch it on FX a year from now while they give me useless HH facts during commercial breaks.

It seems like the gimmick will get old after half an hour. I'll probably watch it on FX a year from now while they give me useless HH facts during commercial breaks.

I find this to be the most likely outcome, but 2015 was the year films didn't fall victim to their gimmicks, so there is still potential that the gimmick gets integrated into the film seamlessly & w/ consistent purpose. But I still doubt it.

Did you guys like that movie Crank? The idea of it kinda reminds me of that.

I can't help but appreciate the Crank movies because they know exactly what they are. The directors are pretty cool guys too

• Upvote (+1) 1

They directed the Ghost Rider sequel that had Nic Cage piss fire. Lifetime pass.

Not to mention the greatest Nicolas freak out ever. One of the greatest films of all time no doubt, just barely below Drive Angry.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Did you know that while filming the highway chase scene the actor had to pee really badly but the director didn't want to take a break so that was why he was visibly frustrated? That wasn't a part of the script but they kept it anyway because of the strong emotions shown."

I loved Godzilla a lot more than most people so I'm actually so hyped for Rogue One. I don't want to seem like a dumb apologist but the characters being underwritten really didn't bother me because it felt like the film knew they were essentially insignificant in the grand scheme of things. They were bystanders to an unprecedented and unparalleled force of nature. A load of shots in the film are from street level of even inside buildings and stuff, just to sort of have us witness something completely out of our control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqgdWu4IvfM&nohtml5=False

And if Gareth Edwards can take that ^ sort of imagery and suspense and apply it scenes with the Death Star or whatever it'll be absolutely unreal. In fact just going by the trailer it seems he's already killing it with the AT-AT shot @ 1:21 (completely different reasons but the shot at 1:02 is delish aswell)

Also I've said it before in regards to Abrams and mentioned it in passing with the Independence Day 2 trailer(s) but I'm such a sucker for massive scale done well. I think its just such a visceral feeling when someone really knows how to nail the feeling of overwhelming size and weight (and other things in the same vein). Anyway I think Edwards can be added to the list of people that "get" it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spielberg is the king of that which you speak! Just think back to Jaws, Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan or even his lesser films like War of the Worlds. I also enjoyed Godzilla and the style in which it was done. You've seen Monsters right? @@kwozy moto

• Upvote (+1) 1

Forest Whitaker as Ghost Dog from a galaxy, far far away...

Don't forget that Mikkelsen is also in this.