CyReN

Film Discussion

Two must watch movies if you haven't seen them:

Spirited Away

From Dusk Till Dawn

so apparently Melissa McCarthy's Spy isn't as nearly as bad as the trailers make it out to be... 

100% on rotten, is that good? :kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

so apparently Melissa McCarthy's Spy isn't as nearly as bad as the trailers make it out to be... 

Jason Statham doing comedy needs to happen more often.

I can't believe they are remaking point break. It looks terrible too. Not to mention it comes out same day as Star Wars.

I can't believe they are remaking point break. It looks terrible too. Not to mention it comes out same day as Star Wars.

Comes out the week after, but yeah it looks like a straight-to-dvd film despite the big budget and EXTREME stunts. Cinematography is so green and ugly and grimy too

• Upvote (+1) 1

Plus it's just flat out disrespectful to the original, a true classic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So many remakes are atrocious but every now and then will come along a decent one. 

This looks pretty good - I'm not a BIG anime fan but I can enjoy a good one - and this might do it justice?

EDIT: 

Short Term 12 (x2) - 90/100

Beginners - 53/100

Kill Bill Vol. 2 - 96/100

The Professional (x9+) - 99/100 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So many remakes are atrocious but every now and then will come along a decent one. 

This looks pretty good - I'm not a BIG anime fan but I can enjoy a good one - and this might do it justice?

EDIT: 

Short Term 12 (x2) - 90/100

Beginners - 53/100

Kill Bill Vol. 2 - 96/100

The Professional (x9+) - 99/100 

Kill Bill both volumes are top notch films!

Leon the professional, also a great film.

Never heard of the other two...

The Professional gets a 99? Lol

Only because it wasn't LEON, which has like an extra 45 minutes of scenes that are huge game changers. In that case it's 100/100. My favorite film of all time. Natalie Portman  :wub:

I really loved Gary Oldman in that movie.

My favorite role of his ever, and that is saying something because all of his are genius. Stansfield is one of the baddest villains in any movie ever. Love how insane he is!

Kill Bill both volumes are top notch films!

Leon the professional, also a great film.

Never heard of the other two...

They were both recommended on a Top 25 Netflix Movies "You've Never Seen" List so I checked them out. I was impressed with one, not so much the other...

The Apartment was the fucking shit. It was funny and sad and everything in between, but didn't have the ridiculously jarring tonal shifts you usually get in a lot of older films (cough THE SEARCHERS cough). It also felt surprisingly current with the way it handled issues like relationships, and by the sounds of it there actually was a bit of a backlash because of it at the time. Anyway I've always loved Some Like It Hot too so I suppose now its time to check out some more Wilder.

As a sidenote, going onto Jack Lemmon's wikipedia page afterwards to find out he actually was an incredibly nice guy has made me very happy. Between this and Glengarry Glen Ross I've always just felt so bad for him ;__;

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aloha or San Andreas?

Both seem a bit underwhelming but I like the casts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Chill, lol I was like 6 when I first saw that movie and developed the crush then..

So you still identify sexually as a 6 year old boy??

Are you Michael Jackson?

So you still identify sexually as a 6 year old boy??

Are you Michael Jackson?

no;no 

but you obviously still read like one, lol

Aloha or San Andreas?

Both seem a bit underwhelming but I like the casts.

save ur money