CyReN

Film Discussion

Aye any New Zealanders out here? My new short film is premièring on May 29th during the 'World Shorts I' program at the Wairoa Maori Film Festival in New Zealand.

Film festival program link

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not from New Zealand but I might possibly want to check it out but only if it's scalzo approved. I don't waste my time with sub par movies made for sheep.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not from New Zealand but I might possibly want to check it out but only if it's scalzo approved. I don't waste my time with sub par movies made for sheep.

better hope it comes to netflix then

Damn, Cary Fukunaga left the adaptation of Stephen King's It over creative differences and budget cuts.

Collider with a ton of great interviews with the stars of Mad Max: Fury Road and Tomorrowland.

• Abbey Lee talks about her experiences with Mad Max: Fury Road, Alex Proyas' upcoming Gods of Egypt, Nicholas Winding Refn's The Neon Demon and her worst job before modeling/acting. This girl is funny and cynical af + she knows kung-fu. Love it.
  • Zoe Kravitz talks about Mad Max: Fury Road, the upcoming Dope, and future films.
  • George Miller talks about his return to the franchise, deleted scenes, his version of Contact (before he left and Zemeckis jumped on board) and being a DC comics kid. (He was supposed to direct Justice League in 2008)
  • Brad Bird talks about TomorrowlandThe Incredibles 2 and the potential re-release of The Iron Giant.
  • Britt Robertson and Raffey Cassidy talk about their respective experiences with Tomorrowland, George Clooney advice and pranks, etc.
  • Damon Lindelof discusses Tomorrowland, deleted scenes and alternate ending.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thief was stylish as fuck. Apparently it was nominated for a Razzie for "Worst musical score" when it came out. LOL

The whole thing def influenced Winding Refn big time

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thief was stylish as fuck. Apparently it was nominated for a Razzie for "Worst musical score" when it came out. LOL

The whole thing def influenced Winding Refn big time

Did it really? Wow.

But yeah, definitely stylish as fuck. Dem rain-slick streets washed in neon.

Did it really? Wow.

But yeah, definitely stylish as fuck. Dem rain-slick streets washed in neon.

I'm aware as to how redundant that statement sounds but I don't just mean the soundtrack or overall style, but like specific scenes. There are a few shots towards the end in the car park scenes that literally look hand picked from a Refn film (or well vice versa).

shot beginning at 1:41:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sDNvDRQTag

I'm aware as to how redundant that statement sounds but I don't just mean the soundtrack or overall style, but like specific scenes. There are a few shots towards the end in the car park scenes that literally look hand picked from a Refn film (or well vice versa).

shot beginning at 1:41:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sDNvDRQTag

Meant the Razzie nom thing. I do agree with the influence on Refn, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kubrick got a razzie nom for worst director from the shining.

Watched Slow West earlier. It's fine; such a whimsical Western. The symmetrical framing and bright color palette makes you think that you're watching a Wes Anderson film for a minute. 

Damn, Cary Fukunaga left the adaptation of Stephen King's It over creative differences and budget cuts.

So bummed out about this. The TV movie freaked me out when I was a kid. Was looking forward to a good director (who actually liked the source material) to bring it to the big screen.

Dawn of the planet of the apes was quite the compelling film.

Dawn of the planet of the apes was quite the compelling film.

Yea I was surprised by it too.

-------

John Wick - 8/10

Avengers 2 - 8.5/10

Mad Max Fury Road - 9/10

The Gambler - 5/10

Jersey Boys - 7/10

Kingsman - 9/10

Ex-Machina - 8/10

Tomorrowland - 6/10

so apparently Melissa McCarthy's Spy isn't as nearly as bad as the trailers make it out to be...