CyReN

Film Discussion

Really enjoyed What We Do In The Shadows, and yea The Raid is overrated.

Mad Max, however, deserves all the praise its getting. Who gives a fuck what some random people at your screening say. Its a weird film and a lot of people don't want weird, so you'll obviously hear people complaining about how its "worse than F&F" or some shit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really enjoyed What We Do In The Shadows, and yea The Raid is overrated.

Mad Max, however, deserves all the praise its getting. Who gives a fuck what some random people at your screening say. Its a weird film and a lot of people don't want weird, so you'll obviously hear people complaining about how its "worse than F&F" or some shit.

Trust me man, I love weird, and I love the weirdness and chaos of Mad Max, but I can assure you that it wasn't a few audience members who swayed my opinion. 

For example, Max and the lizard in the opening scene (not really a spoiler), weird and I loved it - felt it set the entire tone for the rest of the movie and Max's character, but for some reason, I just wasn't captivated by the pursing action.

Maybe it's just me. Like I said, I'll give it another viewing, but I expected more - riveting violence and chaos, perhaps it should have been rated as 18+ instead of 15 (in the UK). There was just something lacking for me overall.

Anyways, off to write my 'boring points fighter frankie edgar' article, hope you don't disagree hapax.

Steve Jobs is dating Ava. It'll be interesting to see Fassbender spew all that Sorkin dialogue. The screenwriter said that 181-page screenplay has more dialogue for Fassbender than most people have in three films combined.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyways, off to write my 'boring points fighter frankie edgar' article, hope you don't disagree hapax.

this I might have to agree with. will read.

this I might have to agree with. will read.

Honestly, he's finished most of his opponents at 145 lbs, but I still think he's a boring points fighter. the only time he's entertaining is when he's being clobbered by an opponent and rallies back from behind (Maynard). I'll link it up when it goes live on bloody elbow.

Off to watch what we do in the shadows.

Honestly, he's finished most of his opponents at 145 lbs, but I still think he's a boring points fighter. the only time he's entertaining is when he's being clobbered by an opponent and rallies back from behind (Maynard). I'll link it up when it goes live on bloody elbow.

Off to watch what we do in the shadows.

my friend and i were just saying the same thing

Can anyone tell me when I am supposed to watch the Trailer Park Boys movies? I have no clue when to watch them at in the series.

Mad Max was the most fun I've had watching a film in theaters in a very long time, maybe ever

my only real gripe

is that Furiosa was the main character instead of Max

also whenever I saw Charlize on screen I heard "Mr. F" and "For British eyes only" in my head

the guitar guy/the music in general was fantastic

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea it was so much fun, loved it. People are saying its a feminist propoganda film though, which is bull shit IMO.

I loved Furiosa!!! She was my favorite female character in any movie ever.

Mad Max featuring Furioisa and Tom Hardy bane voice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I did hear a little bit of bane when his voice went higher in one scene, lol. 

I can't say enough good things about it, truly a master work.

Yea it was so much fun, loved it. People are saying its a feminist propoganda film though, which is bull shit IMO.

I loved Furiosa!!! She was my favorite female character in any movie ever.

Yea "propoganda" is obviously a ridiculous thing to call it but it def is a feminist film

I can't believe there's a such thing as Men's Rights Activists

• ThePlaylist: 10 Animation Directors Who Moved Into Live Action
  • MovieMezzanine: The 19 Best Actors-Turned-Directors | The Twisted, Outrageous, and Empathetic Mind of George Miller
  • The Dissolve covering Cannes: Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6
  • Cannes: Todd Haynes' Carol, starring Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara is getting critical acclaim. Dennis Villeneuve's Sicario, Yorgos Lanthimos' The Lobster and Joachem Trier's English-language debut, Louder Than Bombs (his follow-up to Oslo, August 31st), are mostly positive. However, Green Room (feat. white supremacist Patrick Stewart!), Jeremy Saulnier's follow-up to Blue Ruin, and Gus Van Sant's The Sea of Trees are a lot more divisive.
  • Grantland's Wesley Morris, Chris Connelly and former-boss Bill Simmons with another Summer Movies Preview video.
  • We got the rise of French touch next month in Eden (feat. Daft Punk!), and we got this EDM film with the hot Emily Ratajowski and hotter Zac Efron.

Mad Max - 3.5/10

Unbroken - 8/10

thoughts on Paul Blart Mall Cop 2?

• Upvote (+1) 4