CyReN

Film Discussion

Sorry to be the debbie downer but I didn't think Mad Max was all that. To me, it was basically like The Raid films but on wheels. The action was good, but I didn't find it as exhilarating as everyone's making it out to be. The audience in the theatre didn't seem too thrilled by it either, so it wasn't just me.

6.5/10.

What was the audience acting like

Did they boo?

What was the audience acting like

Did they boo?

Lol no, but looking around I seen a few people shaking their heads, a few 'that was shit' comments and there generally just wasn't a buzz about it you can usually feel when all of the audience seem really into something.

I get that the lack of cgi and stuntwork is impressive, but nothing really wow'd me in terms of action sequences.

Then again, people rate The Raid films as some of the best action films ever, I thought they were both rubbish.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I had people clap at the end of the final song in Pitch Perfect 2 at my theater

• Upvote (+1) 1

What are your favorite action films?

Terminator 1+2

Die Hard

Apocalypto

Kill Bills

Kung Fu Hustle

Leon

The Man From Nowhere

Robocop (original obvs)

Just a few of the top of my head.

Do you like the Hobbit movies?

I don't dislike them, but I'm not particularly fond of them either.

I didn't dislike Mad Max either, I just thought it was a decent action film. It's beautifully shot, and the guitar rocker scenes were great, but other than that, I wasn't particulary wow'd.

Did you ever consider at any point seeing Paul Blart 2?

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. The never ending story

2. Marquis

3. Up

dont even joke about the never ending story. that shit is dope.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did you ever consider at any point seeing Paul Blart 2?

Not really.

You should consider watching Kingsman if you like action films though because the church scene blows anything away Mad Max had to offer.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not really.

You should consider watching Kingsman if you like action films though because the church scene blows anything away Mad Max had to offer.

Wow some haterz b Negging you lol

How does one love Kingsman and Die Hard (both great) and not appreciate/enjoy The Raid films and Fury Road?! The overlap between all those films are strong. Great stuntwork, intricate and coherent action, and characters we give a shit about.

This is madness!

@@Scalzo It's like me and Iron Man 3 over here!

• Upvote (+1) 1

How does one love Kingsman and Die Hard (both great) and not appreciate/enjoy The Raid films and Fury Road?! The overlap between all those films are strong. Great stuntwork, intricate and coherent action, and characters we give a shit about.

This is madness!

@@Scalzo It's like me and Iron Man 3 over here!

For me The Raid had no characters I gave a damn about, the sequel tried to provide some kind of story with dialogue and characters, but it just came across as a low-level gangster flick with well-choreographed fight scenes.

Kingsman is witty, has character, the characters you do actually care for and the fight scenes - whilst not choreographed like they are in The Raid, are incredibly creative, wild and fun. Again, dat church scene, it's like Kill Bill on crack.

I'll give Fury Road another watch for sure, I always do with films that get loads of attention but I never initially found great, perhaps I missed something and will pick up on it with another viewing. Then again, I thought the same thing when I first watched Avengers and then couldn't make it through a second viewing.

The 'What a lovely day' line and delivery from Nicholas Hault is amazing though! I can't stop saying it to myself ha ha.

Fair enough. It's a career-best performance for Hoult. I love the "I live, I die, I live again!" line and delivery from him.

Fair enough. It's a career-best performance for Hoult. I love the "I live, I die, I live again!" line and delivery from him.

Nah man, his career-defining performance was in About a boy!

hR5dPjNAQMfx.gif

I didn't like the first The Raid movie that much either. Never bothered watching the sequel. 

I may or may not check out Mad Max. I still need to see Ex Machina lols

Someone just recommended a movie called 'what we do in the shadows'. Never heard of it, but sounds fun, gonna give it a watch tonight.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3416742/

For me, ex machina was like a less creepier, less atmospheric version of under the skin. Under the skins soundtrack still haunts me to this day.