CyReN

Film Discussion

Rotten tomatoes has it currently at 100%

Is that good?

The Mad Max trailer on the big screen was pretty incredible. Glad to see it might actually live up to that. And people seem to be raving about Charlize Theron. Hoping to double up Mad Max w/ Ex Machina this weekend 

Also, for a movie to get close to Avatar, it has to be a must see blockbuster in IMAX 3D or some new more expensive format in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That film crit hulk article has some great points but also pisses me off quite a bit. Some of the comments on the article are also quite annoying.

I'm in genuine disbelief as to how many people feel Ava was in the right to leave Caleb to die. As if being infatuated with a woman and expecting love in return for her "rescue" is the worst sin on the planet, literally punishable by death. His goals (wanting her to be his) and her goals (wanting to be free) definitely conflict, and I definitely think she deserves her goal and shouldn't owe anything (sexual anyway) to Caleb. But comments like these:

"As I watched this movie, with a few male friends of mine, I could feel their horror at Caleb's fate, while I was feeling a thrill at Ava's freedom and discovery"

Just rub me the wrong way. Yea cool we're males and we're just so shit, sorry. Oh wait I'm making it all about men amn't I? Sorry again! ugh

Fuck why did I click on your spoiler tag?

So I was right that they fuck the robots?

not on camera but yes, it's inferred

I need it to be Friday already!!

im assuming ur talking about mad max. thats definitely gotta be a premiere showing trip for me. @7:00PM Thursday night ON THE DOT!! 

the reviews have only been getting BETTER. its at a 90 on Metacritic atm 

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/mad-max-fury-road

27 positive reviews

0 negative

0 mixed 

Just watched It Follows I really enjoyed everything about it except for one scene, I bet most could guess which one. On that note, I also watched The Guest last month and absolutely loved that movie.

Mad Max tomorrow :)

MAD MAX Fury Road 85/100

Best action movie in a long time but it was almost a little too much, lol.

Too much??? THERE IS NO SUCH THING!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Too much??? THERE IS NO SUCH THING!!!

For a Director who's only done Babe: Pig in the City, Happy Feet and Happy Feet Two in the past 20 years....its probably much needed, lol.

Also saw Mad Max last night and thought it was fantastic. The stunts were just ridiculously amazing

Also saw Mad Max last night and thought it was fantastic. The stunts were just ridiculously amazing

The choreography was so well done it looks like theres no choreography. 

Yea its pretty amazing how easy to follow the action was considering how complex some of the scenes were (multiple cars with people moving from vehicle to vehicle).

I was reading a book a while ago that went over stuff like framing and how to work with space and positioning of people over multiple shots etc. Well George Miller may aswell have written the book because the way certain vehicles exit a shot this way, enter another shot that way, and play in relation to other vehicles around them was truly incredible. Everything was fast and loud and intense, but always visually understandable.

Also I saw someone quote a review that said something like "the first chase scene is one of the best action scenes ever made and its still the worst one in the film" which is pretty spot on. You know you're doing something right when a chase scene that invloves a convoy of people driving into a what looks like the apocolypse (in the form of a giant sandstorm) ISN'T the best setpiece in your film.

fuck sake I need to go see it again

• Upvote (+1) 2