CyReN

Film Discussion

Edited for spoilers but can someone explain what they think the meaning of the credit scene is?

Also, super hero movies gotta find another way to save people besides stopping a moving train, they've been overplaying that card for years! Lol great movie though, very pleased.

Hold up @@gporter

Superman started the train thing and he didnt stop it...

Spiderman had to stop it.

In Avengers 2 it was ALL about

Quiksilver moving ppl out of the way. I thought it was a brilliant scene.

Yea really liked quicksilver a lot, such a great character.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stellan Skarsgård is an swedish actor and he is Dr Selvig in Thor and the Avengers. I just wonder how good is his english? Is the "foreign accent" very obvious to americans? 

I really hope Marvel never get their hands on X-Men. They're just on another level with Fox. They have villains that are actually threatening, characters that actually die, and storylines that are actually interesting. Not to mention the action scenes are 100x better than Marvel's shite

I really hope Marvel never get their hands on X-Men. They're just on another level with Fox. They have villains that are actually threatening, characters that actually die, and storylines that are actually interesting. Not to mention the action scenes are 100x better than Marvel's shite

Marvel made Incredible Hulk and Spider Man 2. They had 2 of the most threatening villains ever so FALSE.

Marvel made Incredible Hulk and Spider Man 2. They had 2 of the most threatening villains ever so FALSE.

The Sam Raimi Spiderman films are so far away from what Marvel are doing now that its not even worth comparing. The current MCU or whatever can't do villains and it can't do tension

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can't argue with the tension point. 

Big Trouble in Little China 88/100

I love how Carpenter made fun of SO many movies yet kept his own original at the same time, lol. What a genius. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree, but only because the MCU has become too big. However, F4 needs to go back to Marvel.

Marvel villains have been mostly terrible; they tend to focus on getting the heroes right, mostly to a fault. However, I'm tired of Singer's XMen. He's so afraid to embrace anything from the comic book, focuses way too much on Wolverine (Hugh is awesome, but they have never felt like an ensemble team until Vaughn did First Class), always has the "Magneto reluctantly works with the X-Men but is the real villain at the end", and prefers his all-leather team. Imagine if Singer embraced it; we would have so many fuck yeah moments that are missing in the films. I understand the tension complaint, but they're marvel's flagship heroes right now and it's just comic book stuff you have to inherently embrace; they're not going to die, and they're going to do heroic things. The Avengers will always save the day and the action scenes will look cool, but I'm there just for the character moments and them shooting the shit.

XMen will always have better action scenes though; they're respective superpowers are just visually more interesting. And yeah, Spider-Man 2 is the apex. Sorry Dark Knight/Superman/Iron Man.

I don't mind keeping the X-Men seperate. Marvel already has enough characters to work with.

Now Marvel getting Fantastic Four would be interesting since I would love to see Dr. Doom done right. Him vs the Avengers would be great

Might be the minority but I hate the X Men films

days of future past was incredible man, how could you say this? 

Quicksilver is way too OP in that film; he could literally solve everything and save the day, but yet they expect the audience just to forget that.

I agree, but only because the MCU has become too big. However, F4 needs to go back to Marvel.

Marvel villains have been mostly terrible; they tend to focus on getting the heroes right, mostly to a fault. However, I'm tired of Singer's XMen. He's so afraid to embrace anything from the comic book, focuses way too much on Wolverine (Hugh is awesome, but they have never felt like an ensemble team until Vaughn did First Class), always has the "Magneto reluctantly works with the X-Men but is the real villain at the end", and prefers his all-leather team. Imagine if Singer embraced it; we would have so many fuck yeah moments that are missing in the films. I understand the tension complaint, but they're marvel's flagship heroes right now and it's just comic book stuff you have to inherently embrace; they're not going to die, and they're going to do heroic things. The Avengers will always save the day and the action scenes will look cool, but I'm there just for the character moments and them shooting the shit.

XMen will always have better action scenes though; they're respective superpowers are just visually more interesting. And yeah, Spider-Man 2 is the apex. Sorry Dark Knight/Superman/Iron Man.

Characters don't need to die for there to be tension, there just needs to be something that genuinely threatens the life/wellbeing/circumstances etc. of the character(s) involved. So no, the action scenes aren't just better because they're "visually more interesting" (they are), they're better because it feels like something is actually at stake. I have literally never been worried or concerned about any of the Marvel heroes, partially because how much of a joke the villains are. Saying they're not going to die isn't an excuse.

A few examples of  good pg, nobody dying, tense, action scenes:

I don't mind keeping the X-Men seperate. Marvel already has enough characters to work with.

Now Marvel getting Fantastic Four would be interesting since I would love to see Dr. Doom done right. Him vs the Avengers would be great

Knowing Marvel they would probably make him throw out a few one liners then have the heroes make him look like a fool before he poses any sort of threat. 

I prefer First Class.

Quicksilver is way too OP in that film; he could literally solve everything and save the day, but yet they expect the audience just to forget that.

Did you not see my compliment?? I didn't hate a marvel film!!!

Might be the minority but I hate the X Men films

X2, First Class and DOFP are all great.

X1 and The Wolverine are solid.

While Last Stand and Wolvrine Origins are hot garbage

Scalzo that's because winter soldier is a top 3 marvel film, at least in my opinion.

Have you seen guardians of the Galaxy??

you should check out Daredevil if you haven't yet, one of the most surprisingly great shows on Netflix. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Scalzo I'm watching Rosemary's Baby for Mother's Day and for you now!

@@kwozy moto I totally understand those complaints, but I can't agree with the heroes never being confronted with something that threatens their life/wellbeing/circumstances/etc. The Captain America films and the Iron Man films (sans 2) come to mind. If anything, Marvel compensates the perceived lack of tension (whether it be the knowledge of future installments and TV-like serialization of these movies or otherwise) with character moments. Maybe Civil War will change things for you since it'll involve internal struggles and differing philosophies and ideals towards superheroes between Captain America and Iron Man.

• Upvote (+1) 2