CyReN

Film Discussion

I was rolling during the bar scene with the girl and taking on the 5 guys.

Haha, right!

"Just remember, you wanted this." Haha

I'm hoping to go see Man of Steel either at the midnight showing or after, might possibly be the Superhero movie of the year and the best Superman movie ever.

the purge let me down..anyone else ready for the next expendables?

my favorite movie right now would be: fast 6, and pain & gain.

^ Already got my midnight IMAX tickets.

My buddy is the manager of the local movie theater. Wednesday night we're bringing some beer and holding a private viewing. I am excite.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My buddy is the manager of the local movie theater. Wednesday night we're bringing some beer and holding a private viewing. I am excite.

when you say "beer" what exactly are you referring to?

when you say "beer" what exactly are you referring to?

Why, Natty Ice of course.

Probably some local Sweetwater Schweet or something. A friend Tim is a promoter for a large music venue in Atlanta and gets ungodly amounts of Sweetwater for super cheap. Considering we are a bunch of poor ass broke dicks, it's our best bet.

Goodshit!

tumblr_m52zcrRjzH1qhehv3.gif

Saw "Now You See Me" the other day.  It was alright.  I had higher expectations for it, but it was entertaining nonetheless.  Needed more Morgan Freeman. :wub:

Watching some of Aaron Paull's movies before he started breaking bad.

The only thing of note pre-Breaking Bad is a very minor role in Mission: Impossible 3. LOL

If you want a good post-start to Breaking Bad check out Smashed.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Watched TT3D: Closer to the Edge. If you're a fan of the TT, Bikes and Motorsport or even just Documentaries in general it's a must watch.

Great personalities and amazingly shot.

Watching some of Aaron Paull's movies before he started breaking bad.

Van Wilder.

• Upvote (+1) 1

hype hype hype

The genius of Cyren's content finding ability knows no bounds.

But yes, so excited!

except... Smaug looks iffy. Idk, he just looks... off. To me at least

Well considering that the first hobbit was terrible, its a safe bet to asume the same with part two

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well considering that the first hobbit was terrible, its a safe bet to asume the same with part two

Terrible? You have a right to your opinion, but I do not agree. Terrible is a pretty strong description, and it is far from what The Hobbit was, IMO.

Peter Jackson is going George Lucas with all the CGI. Three films is unnecessary even though I don't mind going back to middle-earth, and you're wasting Cumberbatch by making him play Smaug!

Peter Jackson is going George Lucas with all the CGI. Three films is unnecessary even though I don't mind going back to middle-earth, and you're wasting Cumberbatch by making him play Smaug!

Agreed. But he is also playing the Necromancer, which will have a bigger role in the second film. And i also believe I read an article about a year ago in which Cumberbatch says that he wanted to have a more of behind the scenes kinda role in The Hobbit films. I'll try to find the article.

Agreed. But he is also playing the Necromancer, which will have a bigger role in the second film. And i also believe I read an article about a year ago in which Cumberbatch says that he wanted to have a more of behind the scenes kinda role in The Hobbit films. I'll try to find the article.

I agree with what reason said. I a a fan of the LOTR films, and the book The Hobbit.  and yes terrible is a strong word but Im not the only one to associate it with the film.

The main problem with it is that Jackson and co took a lovely short  story arc and stretched it out into a limp wet noodle of a story. IDK whose idea it was to do this but they shouldn't work in the business anymore. 

Visually made me want to puke rainbows

"It frequently seems as though Jackson was less interested in making The Hobbit than in remaking his own fabulously successful Lord of the Rings series."

and Peter Jackson is that obvious, lol what a money grubbing fucknut. A smart one, but nonetheless the movie shouldnt have been split into three parts, its a clearly an easy way to tripple the money you make 

I agree with what reason said. I a a fan of the LOTR films, and the book The Hobbit.  and yes terrible is a strong word but Im not the only one to associate it with the film.

The main problem with it is that Jackson and co took a lovely short  story arc and stretched it out into a limp wet noodle of a story. IDK whose idea it was to do this but they shouldn't work in the business anymore. 

Visually made me want to puke rainbows

"It frequently seems as though Jackson was less interested in making The Hobbit than in remaking his own fabulously successful Lord of the Rings series."

and Peter Jackson is that obvious, lol what a money grubbing fucknut. A smart one, but nonetheless the movie shouldnt have been split into three parts, its a clearly an easy way to tripple the money you make 

I liked the movie, and thought that it looked awesome in just the regular 3D. But I will agree with you on one thing, it would have been better to keep it as one film. But the benefit of three films, IMO, is that we get more of Tolkien's universe thrown into the film. In the end, to each their own.

Film criteria is more important to me than fanboy/nerd criteria

Generally speaking, adaptations are almost never good or true to the source, Film and Books are two completely different mediums. So for me the source material is always better and I never feel the need to see the "tokien universe" because i have it in my head and i dont need to see some  Directors POV. You seem like the kind of person who would complain about Khan in the new Star Trek