Sign in to follow this  
Lux

Would you play Halo 6 on PC or Xbox?

Would you play Halo 6 on PC or Xbox?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play Halo 6 on PC or Xbox?

• Xbox
    • PC

Probably Xbox, since I'm expecting the population to be higher there than on PC. And so I don't have to install Windows 10.

PC obviously. Better framerate, more options, M+KB, don't need to pay for XBL

• Upvote (+1) 1

Xbox simply because it's what I already have. I don't own a gaming PC, and I'm not going to build one for a single game. I'm not a big time gamer anyway, so console is just a simpler world for me.

The only way Halo 6 will survive on PC is if doesn't have sprint, so hopefully they'll put it on PC and remove sprint. 

I don't think another gimmick filled Halo will survive on either platform. Personally, I'll never buy another Halo that features armor/Spartan abilities. It's original formula or bust at this point. If I want to deal with bullshit, I'd rather just play Reach BTB. At least that is more tolerable than any of 343's Halo's.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Probably Xbox, since I'm expecting the population to be higher there than on PC. And so I don't have to install Windows 10.

Why wouldn't you want to install an objectively better OS? Or did the hate bandwagon scare you off? 

Why wouldn't you want to install an objectively better OS? Or did the hate bandwagon scare you off? 

Because I don't need it, and other operating systems work perfectly fine for my needs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dunno why people can't understand that some people just do not like Windows 10. Several people I know have updated and now their PC runs like shit for instance.

Anyway, I'd get it for PC just for the fact that there wouldn't be ridiculous amounts of bullet magnetism which plagues modern Halo.

Also higher framerate and all that. And the Xbox One just sucks in general.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I suck at FPS on console so I would probably still use a controller, but definitely PC.

Get that 1440p 120hz going.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Xbox.

I don't have a good enough computer for PC gaming + I like controllers, they are what I've used for my gaming needs since I first started when I was like 6. Not willing to re-learn 15 years of muscle memory to get back to being a below average AM kid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dunno why people can't understand that some people just do not like Windows 10. Several people I know have updated and now their PC runs like shit for instance.

Anyway, I'd get it for PC just for the fact that there wouldn't be ridiculous amounts of bullet magnetism which plagues modern Halo.

Also higher framerate and all that. And the Xbox One just sucks in general.

People upgrade and dont wipe their PCs afterwards. Going from W7 or W8 to W10 breaks a lot of things. 

Anyways I think W10 is a good OS, and with DX12 + Xbox it will be a good for gamers. Cheap 1080p 60fps PC should be popular next year.

Ok

Are we pretending all apps work on windows 10? I would say 90% of my apps didn't. Anything not mainstream or not constantly updated is screwed. What, am i expected to reinstall over 200 applications, a decent amount of which still wouldn't work? I mean shit, I think some of them require online verification which I doubt I have any of the keys from the early stuff

Like capping software for anything pre-hdmi. Companies aren't going to release new software for tech they are no longer making or selling, or if they're just straight up out of business. And if they still are in the business, the new products they make don't support composite

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Given that playing PC would be an easy way to fix/ignore whatever stupid bullshit makes its way into Halo 6, I'll take that road. 

even if I have the desire to get it, Xbox because there are few fps I can play solo on PC, red orchestra, doom 1/2, and maybe one other I'm forgetting, most fps I play solo I play on console, I just find it easier as a mostly solo gamer.

I don't know where people are getting from that PC is a magical fix to bullshit like sprint, armor abilities and the like. Many console ports like the newer battlefield and CoD games have zero support for mods and many have FoV locks, FPS locks, always online requirements etc.

Looking at 343's track record there is a very low probability that we will get a decent PC port

lol y'all think Halo 6 on PC will have mod support? Y'all haven't been following the whole win10 store debacle closely have you?

Me, if I gamed in PC I wouldn't make a decision on Halo until I saw how it played. I imagine the meta will be completely different because the aiming system will be so different.

On console, the weapon balancing IS the aim assist. It's what separates the pistol from the BR from the DMR from the sniper. On PC, using a sniper will be as easy as using the BR. That dramatically changes how the game will flow.

• Upvote (+1) 1