Teamian

Looking for some personal coaching (will pay)

Hi There,

I've been playing Halo off and on with my brother for years. We generally play just the two of us, over the internet, in a slayer type game (no radar). Historically we've been very even, but for whatever reason with Halo 5, I'm just consistently sucking. I average 6 deaths for every 4 kills. I've been watching youtube tutorials, trying to practice online. But whatever it is, I seem to only be getting worse.

If you think you can help me turn the tide, I'd love to work with you. Ideally I'd like to set up some private games (matching the scenario my brother and I play), and you can let me know about some of my tendencies, give me tips, etc... Obviously I'm looking for someone who's both good, and maybe has some experience with this. We can discuss rates and how to set it up in a PM.

Also, before y'all troll the hell out of me. I know. This is pathetic. But I can't listen to the little prick laugh through the headset another God damn day. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't pay for tutoring, the rates players do, not just in Halo, but other games is really high. Usually $100 for around 2 sessions which is ridiculous when you look at tutoring for other things that are more mainstream.

Anyways, I dunno your rank or whatever but here's a few things you should understand about the slayer type thing you and your bro do.

1v1 high level in this game is a bit whack. Basically being a good 1v1 player doesn't really link up with 4v4 Arena play. So if you're looking to be good for Team Arena/Competitive play, it wont suffice when you're looking to be a better player. 

I'd say i'm okay at the game. I know how the fundamentals work in h5, general strategy, etc but I haven't gotten any crazy tournament placing though if it gives any idea of my skill level, I usually beat champions in Team Arena. If you peep the picture in my sig, the discord chat is basically a place to help players level up. Friends and I have been making plat players be more like high diamond/low onyx. The general "teachers" of us are high onyx/champs and some of them make top 32 usually in the tournaments for the Challenger League so I'd say they know what they're talking about. 

Oh and take losses as a lesson, yeah it kinda sucks you lost but youre not gonna get any better by moping about it. Evaluate what you did wrong and see how you can fix that

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thanks very much for getting back to me. 

Sorry, I didn't quite follow. Does that mean you, or someone you know, would be willing to help?

Hi There,

I've been playing Halo off and on with my brother for years. We generally play just the two of us, over the internet, in a slayer type game (no radar). Historically we've been very even, but for whatever reason with Halo 5, I'm just consistently sucking. I average 6 deaths for every 4 kills. I've been watching youtube tutorials, trying to practice online. But whatever it is, I seem to only be getting worse.

If you think you can help me turn the tide, I'd love to work with you. Ideally I'd like to set up some private games (matching the scenario my brother and I play), and you can let me know about some of my tendencies, give me tips, etc... Obviously I'm looking for someone who's both good, and maybe has some experience with this. We can discuss rates and how to set it up in a PM.

Also, before y'all troll the hell out of me. I know. This is pathetic. But I can't listen to the little prick laugh through the headset another God damn day. 

You shouldn't pay for lessons. Just watch the pros and learn from them. There are some great videos on how to improve and you can take the principals from them. I'll post some below.

Ghandis Thoughts: Get Better at Halo 4. (I know it says Halo 4, but it'll work for any Halo).

RyaNoob's Breakdown/Tip Videos (The breakdown videos go into depth on things like decision making. The tip videos share simple tips that can make a difference in your gameplay).

But there is no real secret to getting better. You have to put the time in, and when you die or lose, ask yourself why, and try to see if you can make a change somewhere to prevent the issues. Good luck and I hope these videos help you out! :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay, I'll give the videos a whirl.

Would you guys recommend a certain type of game to improve my 2 on 2 play? I've been playing slayer almost exclusively, but if there is a better variant, I'd love to know.

Thanks!

Just play MM. Considering you've never played it, you'l learn a lot very quickly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks very much for getting back to me. 

Sorry, I didn't quite follow. Does that mean you, or someone you know, would be willing to help?

Click the link in his sig and get Discord set up. It's basically a community of people who try to help each other improve. There's a text channel with a lot of video resources, we run custom lobbies with players of varying skill levels, and there's a good 5-6 players playing at a pretty high level who are willing to help dudes like you learn the game.

Also: like Zunair said, the only people that offer lessons that would be worth paying for will charge you insane rates.

I'm not the one you've been looking for, but I love this:

Competition, what a beautiful thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5's aiming is the underlying problem.

The best and most simplistic advice I can give, is to virtually never sprint. Slow down your gameplay, and assess situations critically. Just because everyone else is zooming around doesn't mean you have to. It helps you focus on the enemy players positioning rather than where you need to be.

The other thing I would say is to incorporate a strafe as your aiming. In this game especially, using the right stick to aim is a difficult task. Line your cursor up, and mainly use your left stick to dance around the enemy player. It will keep them on their toes, and keep your cursor on them when you need to fire.

Sup man. Would love to get some lessons set up with you and some professional players. Let me know how best to reach you outside of the forums! 

Best,

Cody Dragon

I'll be teaching and producing video content on YouTube of different areas of the game. Sens/Movement/Map Breakdown/Game Play Breakdown/ Personal Play POV Breakdown etc. I'll be doing this for free for 4-5 people, If your interested. Also This helps me learn as well and understand the game even more. So its a win win situation. ;)

I won't take advantage of you, $20 an hour and i will talk your ear off about what i know.

Heres some gameplay from last night if you'd like to see the kind of player i am: 

and 

Please don't waste your money on lessons. They're a waste of time and money considering how many free resources are already available.

Don't do this bro, video game lessons are pointless no one can teach you how to play a video game better, they're not there moving the sticks for you.

This isn't a sport or something academic.