Sign in to follow this  
Rambles

A little life update and sharing the love.

Legends tell of a Sam that could make a UI so beautiful that it could bring forumgoers to tears in their wonder.

Good on you, man, seriously. It's awesome to see people from the community follow their passions and find these amazing opportunities. Congrats!

I've always enjoyed your concepts, especially the UI mockups you did for the Halo games. You deserve it man, good luck!

The only downside I see to this is that it means there's no way we'll ever actually get one of your UIs into a Halo game.

Seriously, congrats on the job!

Hi all, long time no see.

It's been a while since I've been around and properly contributed to the community so apologies if this seems totally out of place and irrelevant. I'll try to pull it back around towards the end I promise.

For those who remember or have been around a while I used to post here (and THC, and MLG, and everywhere else...) a hell of a lot and I owe a great deal to the Halo community for where I am today and the inspiration it's given me to pursue a career in what I love.

Yesterday I received a job offer as a senior designer for Sony's Creative Services Group. There I'll be working across the gaming accounts, creating branding, identity, art direction, UI and advertising for some of the biggest game developers in the world. Previous work that's come out of the group has been the branding, art-direction, marketing and UI for games like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Fifa, NFS, Little Big Planet and tons more that I can't remember.

It's a fantastic opportunity and one that could have never arisen were it not for my passion and enthusiasm for gaming, Halo, and being part of this community.

It genuinely makes me incredibly proud and happy to see so many people here develop their careers and find roles in something they care so much about. Be it community posters working at 343, ESL, Beyond, or anywhere else.

I guess what I really just want to say, is that despite everything, despite your parents telling you that playing stupid computer games all day will never get you anywhere - you really can achieve brilliant things. And you will.

Much love to every poster, lurker, new posters, old hands, staff and ex-staff alike at Beyond. I'm sure I'll be around again soon, and hopefully have some very cool things to share too.

Rambles.

It was honestly a tragedy you didn't work on the Halo UI. Congrats on the new job, much deserved! 

Thanks everyone, hugely appreciated! Funnily enough I did actually show the interviewers my stuff on the Halo UI and it may well be something that comes back in the future for another game coming up. Get hype.

Wow that's cool man, congratulations. Let's hope you go on to do great things!