Hard Way

Which game had worse gameplay at launch, Reach or The 4?

What had worse gameplay at launch, Reach or The 4?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Which game had worse gameplay AT LAUNCH?

• Reach
    • The 4

Why does this guy triple post and reply to his own posts? Trying to inflate your post count buddy?

Y r u making fun of me

It's called "The" 4. If you weren't part of the joke. It could easily be seen as trying to make a "cool" nick name for the game. As it doesn't really sound insulting to call it "the 4"

Maybe if you just called it "4" as it's just a number, but THE (THEE) 4

Makes it sound as if it's special, like it's THEE game to play

This is what's called, in my line of work, "nuking it out."

And, no, it's not a good thing.

I think The 4 was worse. Reach's non-competitve aspect was amazing. And it's title update 343 gave had great potential from the beginning.

The 4 could've been a vastly superior game with two things and two things only.

-descope

-better focus on sprint balancing (or remove it entirely)

Can't believe I'm saying this, but after looking through my old Reach clips (and distinctly noticing that I had zero Halo 4 clips) I really do miss Reach. Especially the period following the Title Update. 4 and 5 really did crush the last good things about Halo that made it good to me. Such a sad fate.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can't believe I'm saying this, but after looking through my old Reach clips (and distinctly noticing that I had zero Halo 4 clips) I really do miss Reach. Especially the period following the Title Update. 4 and 5 really did crush the last good things about Halo that made it good to me. Such a sad fate.

For all its faults, there was fun to be had in Reach (after the patch).  Me and my two casual friends used to play Multiteam so much that I got a 50 in it on Halotracker with a top 10 win percentage.  Some of the gametypes were shit but we had a blast.  And I also became a f'n baller warthog driver after all that Rockethog Race.

Reach Big Team was pretty outstanding too. Then you got the anniversary stuff when it was around, SWAT was really good in Reach, v7 obviously, Snipers was pretty good, doubles was pretty good.  The patch made the game pretty solid, especially if you used Halotracker to actually make your games feel important.  Going for Halotracker 50's in playlists massively increased my playtime.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The 4 was better than Reach. The movement in Reach felt too shit. I was also so pissed about the fact that you got an aimbot when sitting at the back of a mongoose. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The 4 was better than Reach. The movement in Reach felt too shit. I was also so pissed about the fact that you got an aimbot when sitting at the back of a mongoose. 

haha

Forgot about that.

For all its faults, there was fun to be had in Reach (after the patch).  Me and my two casual friends used to play Multiteam so much that I got a 50 in it on Halotracker with a top 10 win percentage.  Some of the gametypes were shit but we had a blast.  And I also became a f'n baller warthog driver after all that Rockethog Race.

Reach Big Team was pretty outstanding too. Then you got the anniversary stuff when it was around, SWAT was really good in Reach, v7 obviously, Snipers was pretty good, doubles was pretty good.  The patch made the game pretty solid, especially if you used Halotracker to actually make your games feel important.  Going for Halotracker 50's in playlists massively increased my playtime.

It was almost as if they read my mind with the patch. They addressed many huge issues I had with the game. Reduced bloom, nerfed invis & armor lock, removed Countdown(and a forge map I hated but can't remember name) from BTB, removed or greatly reduced weighting for several garbage gametypes in BTB including SWAT, headhunter, almost all stockpile, and snipers. I believe they added multi bomb and neutral bomb gametypes with this patch too. I even liked bleed-through(which they removed not too long after). The TU patch made the game a million times better. This patch is 343's greatest accomplishment and makes me wonder if Bungie were really the ones behind it lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I even liked bleed-through(which they removed not too long after). 

This still irritates the shit out of me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This still irritates the shit out of me.

"oh there are glitches with sliding and animation cancelling that widen the skill gap in H5? Better patch this shit ASAP"

"there's a glitch with health packs in Reach? Yeah fuck that let's just remove bleedthrough and go back to double melee herpa-derping"

• Upvote (+1) 2

People are actually getting nostalgic for Reach BTB. Am I on drugs?

Dat camo sniping

Dat armor lock

Dat drop shield

Dem paper mache vehicles

Dem maps (you know it's bad when there are two good maps in the whole playlist and they were both made by the same forger)

• Upvote (+1) 3

People are actually getting nostalgic for Reach BTB. Am I on drugs?

Dat camo sniping

Dat armor lock

Dat drop shield

Dem paper mache vehicles

Dem maps (you know it's bad when there are two good maps in the whole playlist and they were both made by the same forger)

Drop shields didn't last long before they were taken out of MM (although they were HORRIBLE while they were around), and the good vehicles like the scorpion, wraith, banshee and gauss hog were hardly underpowered.  The ghost was too easy to DMR to death and the warthog was too easy to peel the gunner and for some reason they thought it would be good if the DMR bullets could push the warthog...but aside from that I actually liked the vehicle balance in Reach.  And some of those BTB maps were pretty fun.  The only ones I outright hated were Cragmire and Asphalt.  Everything else was tolerable to pretty good.  Mt Lam Lam CTF >>>

Edit:  Paradiso was hot dumpster vomit on a July afternoon.  Forgot about that.

Abridged was pretty awful. As were all of the launch BTB maps. The only maps I enjoyed were Trident (mid-2011 version, later on it got an update and went to hell) and Renegade. I remember all the BTB.net kids being tingly for Wayont but that map pissed me right off.

There was actually one map from the Community BTB playlist I liked a lot, don't know why it didn't make the cut for BTB. I think it was called Ridged. Banshees and falcons could go below the normal playspace and duke it out down there. Was pretty baller.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4 is easily the worst Halo to date

I was going to make a separate post to say this, thank you for saying it. Here is also my upvote.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Drop shields didn't last long before they were taken out of MM (although they were HORRIBLE while they were around), and the good vehicles like the scorpion, wraith, banshee and gauss hog were hardly underpowered.  The ghost was too easy to DMR to death and the warthog was too easy to peel the gunner and for some reason they thought it would be good if the DMR bullets could push the warthog...but aside from that I actually liked the vehicle balance in Reach.  And some of those BTB maps were pretty fun.  The only ones I outright hated were Cragmire and Asphalt.  Everything else was tolerable to pretty good.  Mt Lam Lam CTF >>>

Edit:  Paradiso was hot dumpster vomit on a July afternoon.  Forgot about that.

drop shields are still in invasion to this day, people always use them to protect the core if it gets dropped so they can recapture it. Whenever I go back and play reach I'm constantly seeing a sea of drop shields by the capture point.

It was almost as if they read my mind with the patch. They addressed many huge issues I had with the game. Reduced bloom, nerfed invis & armor lock, removed Countdown(and a forge map I hated but can't remember name) from BTB, removed or greatly reduced weighting for several garbage gametypes in BTB including SWAT, headhunter, almost all stockpile, and snipers. I believe they added multi bomb and neutral bomb gametypes with this patch too. I even liked bleed-through(which they removed not too long after). The TU patch made the game a million times better. This patch is 343's greatest accomplishment and makes me wonder if Bungie were really the ones behind it lol.

When did btb have swat and countdown? 8 don't remember that at all.

When did btb have swat and countdown? 8 don't remember that at all.

Yeah, SWAT was in BTB. I remember how fucked red team would be on Boneyard for SWAT. Countdown was in Big Team too and was a nightmare to play. It always turned into a grenade/armor lock clusterfuck.