Hard Way

Which game had worse gameplay at launch, Reach or The 4?

What had worse gameplay at launch, Reach or The 4?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Which game had worse gameplay AT LAUNCH?

• Reach
    • The 4

@@cordyceps

97Cy4vE.png

Use it.

Last time I checked you weren't a mod

So I wouldn't wrry about it

I use my phone I'm not wasting my time with that multiquote shit

• Upvote (+1) 3

I much preferred Haven and Abandon over Midship 3.0 and Narrow Tubes: The Map.

Are you sure you aren't confusing maps with game mechanics?

Coming up next on Unpopular Opinions:

"Countdown: Better Than Any Map to Come Out of Halo 2?"

No maps weren't that great in reach

Mechanics were awful in reach tho

Halo 4 was so garbage at launch. The br was a 5 shot so the dmr was always the better option until they changed the br back to a 4 shot. Don't even get me started on the boltshot, that thing was better than the scattershot, even tho the skitscat was supposed to be better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Reach, specifically the DMR has the worst "RNG" in any game I have ever seen.

So, Reach.

I dunno, at least it was controllable in some way unlike the default Halo 3 BR.

I'm pretty sure I still have the theatre save of when I dumped Halo 3 after 4 months because I saw all my shots spreading around a guy I got the drop on and lost to and had enough of that shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 4 was so garbage at launch. The br was a 5 shot so the dmr was always the better option until they changed the br back to a 4 shot. Don't even get me started on the boltshot, that thing was better than the scattershot, even tho the skitscat was supposed to be better.

You have some odd priorities in what you classify as large problems and what essentially makes a game garbage lol. Or were you listing something that hasn't been brought up much/at all?

Why is it called "The 4"?

Doesn't deserve a title like that

Lol trying to make the game sound cool

"The 4"

It's a nickname this forum gave the game because it wasn't Halo.  It didn't deserve to share the name.  I thinks it's pretty funny, and so do a lot of the other people here.  It's not to try to sound cool.  It's just our nickname for the game.  Sorry you don't like it.  And in three years on this forum I've never seen anyone quote and reply to himself seven hours later.

• Upvote (+1) 8

You have some odd priorities in what you classify as large problems and what essentially makes a game garbage lol. Or were you listing something that hasn't been brought up much/at all?

If anything, I feel that the buff to the BR made Halo 4 worse.  All of a sudden you have a weapon which kills faster than the single shot utilities, can still damage players when you're inaccurate (burst) and requires little aim to land the finishing headshot (burst again).  That just doesn't make any sense at all in hindsight.  It's just blatantly poor balancing that resulted from listening to a vocal component of the casual community. 

I think choosing gameplay-wise (competitively) which is better between both games at launch, you're basically picking your poison though.

And in three years on this forum I've never seen anyone quote and reply to himself seven hours later.

Then you gotta get out more

• Downvote (-1) 3

It's a nickname this forum gave the game because it wasn't Halo. It didn't deserve to share the name. I thinks it's pretty funny, and so do a lot of the other people here. It's not to try to sound cool. It's just our nickname for the game. Sorry you don't like it.

Why do you sound offended? Lol

Did you come up with that nickname?

• Downvote (-1) 7

The dmr was pretty decent tho...

Why do you sound offended? Lol

Did you come up with that nickname?

You're reading too much into it.  I wanted to answer your question because I knew you weren't around for its origin and weren't in on the joke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach, specifically the DMR has the worst "RNG" in any game I have ever seen.

So, Reach.

H4 had ordinance and PWS that just spawned at random.

I dunno, at least it was controllable in some way unlike the default Halo 3 BR.

I'm pretty sure I still have the theatre save of when I dumped Halo 3 after 4 months because I saw all my shots spreading around a guy I got the drop on and lost to and had enough of that shit.

Literally not even possible.

You're reading too much into it.  I wanted to answer your question because I knew you weren't around for its origin and weren't in on the joke.

I mean, you don't have to be in on the joke to draw that conclusion as long as Halo 4 wasn't your first Halo game or something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, you don't have to be in on the joke to draw that conclusion as long as Halo 4 wasn't your first Halo game or something.

It's called "The" 4. If you weren't part of the joke. It could easily be seen as trying to make a "cool" nick name for the game. As it doesn't really sound insulting to call it "the 4"

Maybe if you just called it "4" as it's just a number, but THE (THEE) 4

Makes it sound as if it's special, like it's THEE game to play

• Downvote (-1) 1

It's called "The" 4. If you weren't part of the joke. It could easily be seen as trying to make a "cool" nick name for the game. As it doesn't really sound insulting to call it "the 4"

Maybe if you just called it "4" as it's just a number, but THE (THEE) 4

Makes it sound as if it's special, like it's THEE game to play

The Reach

Why does this guy triple post and reply to his own posts? Trying to inflate your post count buddy?