Hard Way

Which game had worse gameplay at launch, Reach or The 4?

What had worse gameplay at launch, Reach or The 4?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Which game had worse gameplay AT LAUNCH?

• Reach
    • The 4

No, none of those things are worse than the two I listed. And default Reach is objectively the worst Halo experience of all time.

The primary reason it's the worst is because it doesn't work properly from a base fundamental level. The entire point of first-person shooters is to shoot things. The shooting aspect of the game is broken, hence why the entire game is broken. Bloom completely ruins Halo, even moreso than things like sprint or any of the things you listed. H4 conversely at least had competent consistent starting weapons with little to no randomness in the BR and DMR. And that's before we even get to the broken abilities and horrible maps. And other things like lack of any sort of ranking system. Reach is objectively the worst because it is fundamentally broken at a base level.

Dude you are right but a lot of Beyond forum users would rather kill themselves before admitting that 343 made a better experience than Bungie.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Default Reach, Halo 4, Halo 5 are all equally unenjoyable and unplayable in my book. However, Reach TU BTB is still by far the best online Halo experience, which is really sad. I wouldn't even say it's that good, but it's tolerable enough to get my Halo fix in.

However, Reach TU BTB is still by far the best online Halo experience.

You mean out of reach/4/5...right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Default Reach, Halo 4, Halo 5 are all equally unenjoyable and unplayable in my book. However, Reach TU BTB is still by far the best online Halo experience, which is really sad. I wouldn't even say it's that good, but it's tolerable enough to get my Halo fix in.

Nothing is better than H3 btb.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Day 1 Reach.

Team Objective.

Oddball.

Enemy team puts 5 bubble shields on the oddball.

Frame rate drops to about 3fps.

Game becomes the least enjoyable thing in the world.

Whilst I did not enjoy Halo 4 much, I enjoyed it more than that.

Also armour lock is the worst thing that has ever been put in Halo. It's worse than sprint and I am not just saying that.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Halo 4 took away power weapons(ordinance drops), gave players the ability to spawn with a shotgun, had perks/loadouts like COD, had a near infinite radar(promethean vision), added kill streaks(also ordinance drops). Then the no ranks and UI on top of all that crap.

None of that will ever be better than armor lock and bloom. Halo 4 cheated me kills/deaths WAY more than Reach.

You mean out of reach/4/5...right?

I'm talking about online Halo in 2017 period. One of the biggest pluses for me is how quickly I can find matches. I love the sleek UI, physics, art style, weapon sandbox and vehicles. Bloom sucks, but the TU bloom is tolerable. Jetpack is my biggest complaint, but I guess I can't complain too much seeing as I've killed so many of them. It's a lot of fun to search solo in or small parties.

Nothing is better than H3 btb.

Yes, H3 BTB is the goat. 9000+ social BTB exp. Tons of network and physics improvements between H3 and Reach made it tough to go back to. Plus I hated the party splits in H3 BTB. After that major fix to MCC by that 3rd party company though, I was playing tons of H3 BTB on MCC and it was so awesome. But then I got the "avoid me" reputation for kicking too much ass and 343 put their grubby hands on MCC and made it so that if someone quit during the voting process, it'll re-start the search. I lost patience and went back to Reach. Thank God they don't have that stupid reputation system on the 360, cause I'd be banned for life if they did.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just download the free MMO neverwinter. Stand in the hub world area for a bit.

That will fix avoid me rep

had DEV MAPS

It still baffles me that BTB and most of these "Free Content Updates" are Forge maps that literally anyone who turns the game on can make. BTB deserved a lot more love than it did. And I hate BTB. Warzone should've never gotten that much focus at the expense of BTB.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No, none of those things are worse than the two I listed. And default Reach is objectively the worst Halo experience of all time.

The primary reason it's the worst is because it doesn't work properly from a base fundamental level. The entire point of first-person shooters is to shoot things. The shooting aspect of the game is broken, hence why the entire game is broken. Bloom completely ruins Halo, even moreso than things like sprint or any of the things you listed. H4 conversely at least had competent consistent starting weapons with little to no randomness in the BR and DMR. And that's before we even get to the broken abilities and horrible maps. And other things like lack of any sort of ranking system. Reach is objectively the worst because it is fundamentally broken at a base level.

Would you say the same about halo 5 then?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Default Reach, Halo 4, Halo 5 are all equally unenjoyable and unplayable in my book. However, Reach TU BTB is still by far the best online Halo experience, which is really sad. I wouldn't even say it's that good, but it's tolerable enough to get my Halo fix in.

Reach BTB was garbage, there was so many maps that I often didn't even know what I was playing on... Halo 4 BTB was good because vehicles could be dealt with easily (compare that to the ridiculousness of Halo 5, and you see where I'm going with this)

BTB is pretty much always a good gametype, I wasn't there for 1/2 MP, but aside from that, I always had fun with it. Teh 4 was the best out of the ones I played because vehicles were weak, and unlike most of the garbage maps in 4, BTB had some really good maps that actually had setups and such.

It still baffles me that BTB and most of these "Free Content Updates" are Forge maps that literally anyone who turns the game on can make. BTB deserved a lot more love than it did. And I hate BTB. Warzone should've never gotten that much focus at the expense of BTB.

Warzone made far more money than BTB though, which is what 343i/MS were banking on.

I honestly am surprised 343i even bothers making their own maps anymore, like they created a great map making tool, and they still bother with it, no business sense.

Warzone made far more money than BTB though, which is what 343i/MS were banking on.

I honestly am surprised 343i even bothers making their own maps anymore, like they created a great map making tool, and they still bother with it, no business sense.

Lol... What? Of course they made far more money on Warzone lol. The entire REQ system is based around Warzone and there's nothing to gain by opening REQ packs for BTB. Not sure where you going with that statement lol. That's probably the equivalent of saying "Warzone made far more money than Breakout". Lol okay?

No one wants to play on a bunch of community developed maps all of the time. We don't have the resources to create maps to the extent that 343 does. Why would you support 343 not creating dev maps? Frame rate issues and resource limitations are huge factors for not wanting forge maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Decent UI ??. You liked the Pokémon Cards ??

Oh right sorry, decent UI to 343's standards. It wasn't amazing but better than Halo MCC and Halo 5's laggy, clunky, and glitchy UI

Its decent because it worked unlike anything that came after 

Yeah BTB used to be my go-to gametype, but in Halo 5 I haven't touched it in months. Half the maps suck, the other half have framerate drops that make it super frustrating to play. Just sad BTB (along with many other core gametypes that got pushed into the "Free DLC" BS) got the shaft because Warzone is 343i's new baby

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach BTB was garbage, there was so many maps that I often didn't even know what I was playing on... Halo 4 BTB was good because vehicles could be dealt with easily (compare that to the ridiculousness of Halo 5, and you see where I'm going with this)

BTB is pretty much always a good gametype, I wasn't there for 1/2 MP, but aside from that, I always had fun with it. Teh 4 was the best out of the ones I played because vehicles were weak, and unlike most of the garbage maps in 4, BTB had some really good maps that actually had setups and such.

halo 4 literally copied the halo reach vehicle system that was totally different than 1-3. 1-3 had indestructible short range vehicles while reach+4 were paper-mache vehicles with range for the most part (except the warthog in reach+4 was almost as indestructible but couldnt kill shit)

Your dislike for reach's vehicle system automatically means you dislike 4's. I think you are really confused man. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1-3 had indestructible short range vehicles while reach+4 were paper-mache vehicles with range for the most part (except the warthog in reach+4 was almost as indestructible but couldnt kill shit)

Your dislike for reach's vehicle system automatically means you dislike 4's. I think you are really confused man. 

Do you mean actually indestructible, or practically indestructible? Because only CE had indestructible vehicles.

Do you mean actually indestructible, or practically indestructible? Because only CE had indestructible vehicles.

i meant practically indestructible, though CE's vehicles were a lot easier to kill someone than 2-3 actually, so CE has vehicles that are more destructible and indestructible at the same time! 

for halo 3, you had to have a team of 8 unload a full br clip from medium range if you wanted to kill a banshee without a laser or powerdrain. In reach/4 its like 5 single dmr shots to permanently damage the banshee and the banshee has like 5 stages until its fully destroyed. So a team of 8 people could kill a banshee within 1 second of continuous dmr fire (and remember the dmr's range is so much longer than the h3's br so you could legit pelt it from across the map on blood gulch). 

i meant practically indestructible, though CE's vehicles were a lot easier to kill someone than 2-3 actually, so CE has vehicles that are more destructible and indestructible at the same time!

for halo 3, you had to have a team of 8 unload a full br clip from medium range if you wanted to kill a banshee without a laser or powerdrain. In reach/4 its like 5 single dmr shots to permanently damage the banshee and the banshee has like 5 stages until its fully destroyed. So a team of 8 people could kill a banshee within 1 second of continuous dmr fire (and remember the dmr's range is so much longer than the h3's br so you could legit pelt it from across the map on blood gulch).

Id honestly take H3s vehicle design over anything after it. Nothing is fun when your vehicle is made of paper.

Id honestly take H3s vehicle design over anything after it. Nothing is fun when your vehicle is made of paper.

Everything is more fun when your vehicle is made of paper.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Vehicles that you can't destroy/disarm/kill someone out of without a specific weapon on a map (aka Spartan Laser) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< vehicles that you can. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is their a health pool high enough that you would be ok with utility fire doing permanent damage? Like, Ghost Ultra with Wheelman? Is that still a "paper" vehicle?