Sign in to follow this  
Intensity

Carbon

Carbon

(v1)

By

DG Intensity

ugcuserfile-e70653bf-6ffe-4edf-a558-5d7b

Carbon is an asymmetrical map designed for 2v2 and potentially 4v4 gameplay as well as FFA. Carbon has tons of jump ups to different areas of the map as well as a teleporter that brings you to one of the tallest areas on the map. This map is aesthetically pleasing while still delivering a nice and balanced 2v2 match. Each team has their own base that are somewhat symmetrical as well as a power position. The main power position on the map is the sniper spawn, it is the tallest area on the map and has the largest field of view but is also quite vulnerable. While this map is noticeably asymmetrical each side has asymmetrical traits which makes this map very easy to learn.

Carbon is set up for every gametype excluding extraction, flood and dominion but has only been tested with a small FFA and a 2v2 both of which played well. It has yet to be played with 4v4 or any objective gametype so I can't recommend a specific gametype yet.

DL:

Carbon v1: http://www.halowaypo...08-60e846dcc4c1

Carbon FFA (same but without power weapons): http://www.halowaypo...36-e7bd4b2f5dc4

Weapons on Map:

Battle Rifle x5

DMR x2

Sniper x1 (excluding FFA version)

Overshield x1 (excluding FFA version)

Frag Grenade x4

Needler x1

Boltshot x1

Screenshots:

ugcuserfile-0bea6a88-06af-4825-bdd4-80fe

ugcuserfile-7dd3e426-c30d-464a-aec7-c343

ugcuserfile-342ab0e7-403c-4b69-8d38-a43b

ugcuserfile-88958a8c-9af4-481a-825e-8d09

ugcuserfile-1c9b6452-baca-497e-8786-82d8

Thanks for checking out the post, any all feedback/ concerns etc. is appreciated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems cool, but I've never found the bottom of bridges to look appealing on a map.

yeah I went kinda crazy with them, probably because I was so tired of the monotony of seeing grey on FI

yeah I went kinda crazy with them, probably because I was so tired of the monotony of seeing grey on FI

I understand. The map looks cool, its just my personal preference to not use bridges.

You need to set up extraction, its the best doubles gametype.

Nice map, will test for Unity this weekend.

You need to set up extraction, its the best doubles gametype.

Nice map, will test for Unity this weekend.

Awesome dude! I will set it up for extraction soon after I get a few suggestions for other changes as well

The map looks really good man. I actually like the darker textures of some pieces in Ravine. :)

Could you post an overview picture?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The map looks really good man. I actually like the darker textures of some pieces in Ravine. :)

Could you post an overview picture?

I dont think that I can because I built the map near the boundary limit on ravine but I will go into theatre and check

Awesome dude! I will set it up for extraction soon after I get a few suggestions for other changes as well

Just add D0ju for games this weekend, speed up the testing process

I dont think that I can because I built the map near the boundary limit on ravine but I will go into theatre and check

Use pan-cam to get around boundaries.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is as close to an overview I can get without trying that glitch MATCLAN suggested 

I like :)

The overshield is the only weapon on the map?

Wall at top left looks a little out of place and could use brace larges there instead if it doesn't get too dark.

Can't really tell much eles because it looks like some connections are unclear. There's a hallway like area coming out of the bottom of the ring with a rock jump up at the end, if that's the only way out of there, that should probably be changed. It looks like it'd be really easy to block / nade players on that path.

EDIT: Found the sniper now :p

I like :)

The overshield is the only weapon on the map?

Wall at top left looks a little out of place and could use brace larges there instead if it doesn't get too dark.

Can't really tell much eles because it looks like some connections are unclear. There's a hallway like area coming out of the bottom of the ring with a rock jump up at the end, if that's the only way out of there, that should probably be changed. It looks like it'd be really easy to block / nade players on that path.

There is also a sniper but it kind of blends with the darkness of the bridge piece and I know it tis hard to see some of the connections and areas but its the closest I could get to an overview. Thanks for the feedback man, I will look into what you suggested

• Upvote (+1) 1