Sign in to follow this  
CzechUrPulse

New Team Ambush Logo (Ideas)

Ok completely unrelated ****** question cause apparently I have to ask these, how did you embed that tweet?

people post the image of the tweet.

Ok completely unrelated ****** question cause apparently I have to ask these, how did you embed that tweet?

I dont. You take a snippet of it. Upload to Imgur. Copy BB Code. Done.

This is what we have now.

w1y5jk.png

I would like to see something like this.

2e1aozn.jpg

Or something like this but a wolf.

rlx3b9.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aw, I love that Wolf logo. I remember seeing it when a team in Halo 3 had it and I liked it pretty much instantly. 

I understand wanting a change though. 

Honestly, wouldn't a "fiercer" version of the Ambush logo just be the Minnesota Timberwolves logo? Maybe just make a few subtle changes in the color/outline and stick the word Ambush beneath it?

I suck at things like this. but here is the T-Wolves logo for a point of reference

2472744_orig.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

Honestly, wouldn't a "fiercer" version of the Ambush logo just be the Minnesota Timberwolves logo? Maybe just make a few subtle changes in the color/outline and stick the word Ambush beneath it?

I suck at things like this. but here is the T-Wolves logo for a point of reference

2472744_orig.gif

i like this.

didnt notice till now how much ambush ripped off other logos 

There have been a few in Halo history. Notably the Warriors logo is the UCF Black Knights logo, the original BtH logo was the New York Dragons. Florida Jackalopes in H3 (LegendJRG) was a slight tweak of the South Dakota State Jackrabbits logo (they added the state of FLA to the logo, left colors exactly the same).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Most High Schools use the logos of professional/college teams. 

Tickle you should take the logo above and put your twist on it with the Ambush name, maybe a shield behind it to keep everything together and look snazzy?!

I don't have my mouse with me or I would try and come up with a few fun designs.. :(

I was also thinking, maybe having a tree line as the background and 3 or 5 wolves rushing out of the tree line as the logo, somewhat symbolizing an "ambush". 

Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Most High Schools use the logos of professional/college teams. 

That doesn't make it right, its still theft. Just the same as copy and pasting an essay and calling it your own. There have been cases of lawsuits even here in Canada over stolen IP used in minor hockey logos. Most were settled by either paying the designer after the fact or having that designer create them a new logo.

Especially with them making shirts/sweats and using it to stream, many shops won't print licensed logos without permission. They are making money using that logo. I do graphic design as a hobby so I don't care but I know some guys get real butthurt, especially those that do it as a career.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah I realize that, regardless I threw the Timberwolves logo above the Ambush text to see what it would look like and got this, made a few minor changes as well.

82xGXSA.png

Also this

16c82f4272c9e19d9bf46f66e5dbe4fd.png

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm on the phone so I couldn't do anything fancy, so I just recolored the Timberwolves logo (cause it looked dope as fuck) and remade the text. If you like it, I can make changes - layered .psd is saved.

FD7S2Pa.png

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah I realize that, regardless I threw the Timberwolves logo above the Ambush text to see what it would look like and got this, made a few minor changes as well.

82xGXSA.png

I'm on the phone so I couldn't do anything fancy, so I just recolored the Timberwolves logo (cause it looked dope as fuck) and remade the text. If you like it, I can make changes - layered .psd is saved.

FD7S2Pa.png

I like both of yours. I prefer the second just because the lines and coloring look better, plus im a fan of a new style of text. I applaud both of you though. What else could you guys do?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like both of yours. I prefer the second just because the lines and coloring look better, plus im a fan of a new style of text. I applaud both of you though. What else could you guys do?

Just looking at it, the layer style for the text was set to 'screen' so that's why it's blending a bit with the background. Gotta fix that...

But I don't see why I couldn't do something else, provided I can find the right resources. I can't create shit, but if someone wanted a shield (like what was suggested above), I could find a source image and add it in there, recolor it, etc.

Edit: The font is called 'Gang Wolfik" from dafont.com. I can change it. I just sort of liked the style.

I really like the wolves running out of the trees idea that someone came up with. I'd be interested to see what people could do with that

• Upvote (+1) 1

a7BMFAD.gif

idk if you guys can see that or not. It was my high school's logo, a Timberwolf. Change the color scheme and it could be sick. Oh, and remove the "C" lol.

• Downvote (-1) 1