Sign in to follow this  
Bdog

Who are the top Canadian teams and Players?

I've been wondering, Royal 2 is the only top player I can think of. In terms of teams, Swarm is the only one that comes to mind. Who else is out there?

I've been wondering, Royal 2 is the only top player I can think of. In terms of teams, Swarm is the only one that comes to mind. Who else is out there?

Are we talking about H4 here or going back to Halo1.  Cause I am list of of bunch of people.

Gspot is the canadian goat. Royal 2 is really the only other top player we've produced. (Edit: AplphaXfactor and the whole n49 team was good in their day too) We have quite a few solid player's but since h3 very few of us have come out to American tournaments. Flying into the us from almost anywhere to anywhere is crazy expensive, Without sponsors its almost never worth it.

Here are some good Canadians that still play online at least semi consistently;

Str8 aggression

Boobad

Veldex

Methodized

Duhff

Porky j

Omega

Stress

Stoked

Krizen

Philosopher (me lol)

Creature

Reid

PatSpankem

Coachmayne (apparently you're Canadian...)

Royal 2 (idk if royal 1 plays or not)

(There's a handful of far east coast Canadians who are solid but I don't

know their current tags, and a few more Ontario players)

Im mind blanking hard atm, I knew there's a few more solid Canadians, just can't think of thier tags. But ya, you'll never see 90% of us at u.s events due to travel costs a lot of the time being $1000-2000 for a weekend trip

edit 2: If you're Canadian, Pm me. I'm interested in what other canadians are on here. Maybe you're someone i think is solid and never knew you were a fellow canuck....

Lol Duff? 

Halo1- Gspot, SadPanda

Halo2, Gspot, N49, alphaXfactor, krizen, Ao the bo w.e   who were some sponsored by AMP energy drink  

Halo3- Sypher best placing was 3rd on BTH, in 09  also Mazement got top 16 in 08

Halo Reach- Royal2 emergered but he was already well known back in Halo3 at the age of 13/14

Halo4- members of Swarm as of now.

28-32th MLG Seattle 05

top 48 MLG Anaheim 06 and top 64 in FFA

top 64 Charlotte 07 

LBR 6 MLG San Diego 08

Meadows 09 I became a Coach got top 48 with my team  

2010 Chicago Combine as a Coach 13th out of a 164 teams, yea there was that many teams for the combines back in the day. I stopped going to events in 2010 because I was 22 at the time and  a full-time university student and it was $800+ a flight. Thats what I get from being a West-Coast Canadian. 

Here I am at 25, and still active in the community 8 years later, done high-school, 3 years of college and 4 years of University. I feel bad for the 16-21's kids who never experienced Halo at its prime.

Lol Duff, you got to be kidding me and where am I on that list Lolz 

you're Canadian>? I actually had no idea.

And as far as Major U.S tournament success in Halo, There's only a few that have done more then dustin (Duhff) And he did his in H2, H3 where the player pool was massive.

PatSpankem should be able to give the East coast outlook. The halifax area has some solid gamers, as well as Fredericton.

Ontario has a good solid bunch of players, mostly from the GTA, but some in the Ottawa, Sudbury, Niagara Falls regions

you're Canadian>? I actually had no idea.

And as far as Major U.S tournament success in Halo, There's only a few that have done more then dustin (Duhff) And he did his in H2, H3 where the player pool was massive.

lol Yep :D I edited my original Post about my placing if you were wondering.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Justin Bieber is Canada's best 'player', used to team with Selena Gomez. :kappa:

Justin Bieber is Canada's best 'player', used to team with Selena Gomez. :kappa:

failfish.png

:kappa:

Are we talking about H4 here or going back to Halo1.  Cause I am list of of bunch of people.

Mostly the people that still play, nice lists so far though.

Ontario has a good solid bunch of players, mostly from the GTA

damn right

Tensor was always one of my favorite Canadian players. I think Royal 2 takes this, and I never knew Gspot was Canadian.

Tensor was always one of my favorite Canadian players. I think Royal 2 takes this, and I never knew Gspot was Canadian.

Tensor I knew personally and because I'm so old school I played against sad panda eh in h1 locals all the time... (fun fact sad panda was on str8 rippin before t2) He beat me in an ffa tourney to get h2 a week early!!! I was so salty...

Me, tensor and sad panda are all from Winnipeg.

Lol Duff?

Halo1- Gspot, SadPanda

Halo2, Gspot, N49, alphaXfactor, krizen, Ao the bo w.edanwho were some sponsored by AMP energy drink

Halo3- Sypher best placing was 3rd on BTH, in 09 also Mazement got top 16 in 08

Halo Reach- Royal2 emergered but he was already well known back in Halo3 at the age of 13/14

Halo4- members of Swarm as of now.

28-32th MLG Seattle 05

top 48 MLG Anaheim 06 and top 64 in FFA

top 64 Charlotte 07

LBR 6 MLG San Diego 08

Meadows 09 I became a Coach got top 48 with my team

2010 Chicago Combine as a Coach 13th out of a 164 teams, yea there was that many teams for the combines back in the day. I stopped going to events in 2010 because I was 22 at the time and a full-time university student and it was $800+ a flight. Thats what I get from being a West-Coast Canadian.

Here I am at 25, and still active in the community 8 years later, done high-school, 3 years of college and 4 years of University. I feel bad for the 16-21's kids who never experienced Halo at its prime.

I was right there with you watching.. I'm 30. Been around since te beginning. I had kids when I was 21 so I never travel out of responsibility. But I've seen it all and tell people they don't know what they missed all the time and shake my head at 16 year olds who thin halo3 was halos peak.... Population wise maybe.. But gameplay wise no way.

I'm Canadian..May not be known but I have made $150 in total in online FFA's in H4 and consider myself to be at least half decent at Halo 4 lol. I also choked in the Last minute of the Outright Gaming FFA Tourney on Saturday, and got 2nd and as a result didn't end up winning the Squid Grips.. Lol

A few (older) names that haven't been mentioned....

Moniz / DARKscorpion / MaD MaX / Imported / SilenT 

• Upvote (+1) 1