CyReN

HCS Open Circuit Teams, Seeds and Discussion‏

Goofy is doing a nice job casting these games: player selection, play by play, and in-game analysis are all right on point. It is entertaining to watch.

FTM took the first series of grand final 4:2! Another bo7 series will be played (The two teams have already played 2 bo7 series. OGO won the winner's final 4:1).

What in saying is that if a player is in the pro league, his priority is going to be winning pro league matches. And that means they need to have high quality practice, all the time. The matchmaking system is inefficient in that regard.

even in the build up to Worlds, you saw pros who didn't really grind the ladder and instead banked on qualifier points to get their seedings.

It seems that Pros are already willing to scrim AMs if they prove their worth. legendary cups are a good way to do this: but they just aren't going to waste their time playing rag tag groups of people with champ rankings.

Thing is the pros didn't always have a scrim lined up, or maybe if they did, they'd get on and use the ladder as a warm up. I remember watching some streams and they'd be saying, "Lets find a scrim while I post some GB matches." So the "high quality practice, all the time" thing is false. They did play AMs if they had time, which they often found.

Thing is the pros didn't always have a scrim lined up, or maybe if they did, they'd get on and use the ladder as a warm up. I remember watching some streams and they'd be saying, "Lets find a scrim while I post some GB matches." So the "high quality practice, all the time" thing is false. They did play AMs if they had time, which they often found.

Your talking about a situation when there was no pro league, and all they had to play for was seedings in HWC.

Even then, the ladder wasn't of much benefit to Pros, and it would be less so now. They can 'warmup' in arena as it is now.

Anyway, Legendary Cup was fantastic today. I think Only Good Online, Catastrophe, Elevate and French Toast Mafia could each give a few pro teams a run for their money in relegation (that is, if they don't get poached for players). I expect to see them getting scrims w/ pros.

Your talking about a situation when there was no pro league, and all they had to play for was seedings in HWC.

Even then, the ladder wasn't of much benefit to Pros, and it would be less so now. They can 'warmup' in arena as it is now.

Anyway, Legendary Cup was fantastic today. I think Only Good Online, Catastrophe, Elevate and French Toast Mafia could each give a few pro teams a run for their money in relegation (that is, if they don't get poached for players). I expect to see them getting scrims w/ pros.

Obviously the ladder would be less beneficial now because it doesn't give off pro points and it doesn't exist. But back during HWC pros would choose an HWC ladder match over arena for a warm up because it would give them some pro points as well. 2 birds with one stone.

Basically IF arena or a ladder could feature pro points NOW, then pros and amateurs would play each other much more, especially if the pros didn't have a scrim lined up. THIS IS ALL HYPOTHETICAL BY THE WAY. I KNOW IT DOESN'T WORK THIS WAY, BUT IT COULD. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Goofy is doing a nice job casting these games: player selection, play by play, and in-game analysis are all right on point. It is entertaining to watch.

FTM took the first series of grand final 4:2! Another bo7 series will be played (The two teams have already played 2 bo7 series. OGO won the winner's final 4:1).

FTM won 4:3, very entertaining series. Big thanks to Goofy for streaming and casting. All in all the two teams played 18 games total and tied in map count at 9:9.

This week's Legendary Cup top 8 (qualified for next week's Legendary Cup):

1 - French Toast Mafia

2 - Only Good Online

3 - Catastrophe

4 - Elevate

5 - New Era

5 - Define Reality

7 - Winter Soldiers

7 - Shock The World

At the end of second week, top 8 in terms of points:

#1 - 950 pts: Elevate

#2 - 875 pts: French Toast Mafia

#3 - 775 pts: Catastrophe

#4 - 725 pts: Only Good Online

#5 - 425 pts: New Era

#6 - 325 pts: Shock The World

#7 - 250 pts: Winter Soldiers

#8 - 235 pts: Torment

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Goofy preciate ya for commentating and interviewing my teammate man, keep up the good work and do this next weekend!

Didn't expect all the support and kind words today! Appreciate it everybody and hopefully I can do more of these kinds of streams in the future. Big congrats to French Toast Mafia for coming out hot and taking the win

Only thing that annoyed me about your streams is you left the theatre info bar up on the right side of the screen. Hit X a couple of times and you can turn it off but keep the name tags up.

Thanks regardless.

Had fun this past weekend, didn't play too well sunday though. Looking forward to next weekend. #DaddyWasntThere

Is Tizoxic still playing?

Last I saw he was teaming with Blaze, but I don't remember the full To4

Is Tizoxic still playing?

yeah with blaze, tire iron, and aries. 

renegades left catastrophe and they are a to3

From what I've heard it's Renegade leaving Catastrophe to go to eLevate, to replace Danoxide who's replacing Assault on Liquid.

:intel:

• Upvote (+1) 1

From what I've heard it's Renegade leaving Catastrophe to go to eLevate, to replace Danoxide who's replacing Assault on Liquid.

:intel:

The rostermania of a player leaving Open League to join a Pro League team is insane. I love it. I love you.

Of course my favorite AM team would break up. I guess it makes sense that Pro Teams would cherry pick. They make themselves stronger, while making it less likely that someone can relegate them.

Skeptical that Liquid would go for Danoxide over Heinz or Randa, even if he does put up impressive stats, just because of his attitude. Spartan hated teaming on WFX & Hysteria/Cloud Leftovers because of their arguments - don't know why he'd go for perhaps the most volatile player on the scene rn. 

Watching some of these open circuit matches, many of the AM's shots appear to be just as good as the pro's... What sets the individual players apart by such a wide margin then? Is it just teamwork and decision-making?

Watching some of these open circuit matches, many of the AM's shots appear to be just as good as the pro's... What sets the individual players apart by such a wide margin then? Is it just teamwork and decision-making?

It's exactly this. AM players tend to rely a lot more on individual play and winning 1v1 fights whereas pros will try to turn every scenario into a 2v1. Also pro teams tend to be much more objective-efficient and have better awareness of spawns/potential player locations/which kills are more important.

• Upvote (+1) 1