CyReN

HCS Open Circuit Teams, Seeds and Discussion‏

Exciting quarter final game coming up that can be watched on Twitch (all 4 players of Windmills are streaming):

Windmills: LifeStyle, JuicyFruit, Burton, NYSea

vs. 

Am I hearable: Yiws, ROB THE TURTLE, AfterLife2222, DasTroyed

Both teams have qualified for tomorrow's Legendary Cup #2.

Exciting quarter final game coming up that can be watched on Twitch (all 4 players of Windmills are streaming):

Windmills: LifeStyle, JuicyFruit, Burton, NYSea

vs. 

Am I hearable: Yiws, ROB THE TURTLE, AfterLife2222, DasTroyed

Both teams have qualified for tomorrow's Legendary Cup #2.

Great games to them. We ended up losing the series 3-1.

G1: 100-98 (them)

G2: 50:45 (them)

G3: 3-0 (us)

G4: 100-81 (them)

We've got to learn to close the game. We'll be seeing everyone tomorrow in the Legendary Cup.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It was a pretty exciting series to watch, some nail biting games that went back and forth until the very end. You might be interested to know that in Windmills' team chatter they commented on how well your team were working together.

Good luck tomorrow!

• Upvote (+1) 1

We've got to learn to close the game. We'll be seeing everyone tomorrow in the Legendary Cup.

Rooting for your team tomorrow. Gotta show support and love for fellow beyonders!

Team that qualified for tomorrows Legendary cup:

Top 8

Winter Soldiers: Drake, Impulsion, Saiynts, Savatrocity

Daddy Wasn't There: Plasmaad, Rios, SensrThaHussla, Thrust LiquorV

Am I Hearable: Yiws, AfterLife2222, DasTroyed, ROB THE TURTLE

Zodiacs: Dr Chaoz, Seb, shoot n stars, Sprawl

Top 4

Define Reality: Fault Love, Josbe, Orion, Wolshay

Betterville: Crisis, Number Zero, Nebula, Wargod AH

2nd

Prestige Worldwide: Secktor, Stress, Triton, Swish

1st

Windmills: Burton, JuicyFruit, LifeStyle, NYSea

• Upvote (+1) 2

It was a pretty exciting series to watch, some nail biting games that went back and forth until the very end. You might be interested to know that in Windmills' team chatter they commented on how well your team were working together.

Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Hopefully we perform better tomorrow than we did today in that last series.

What happened to reddit Halo?

What happened to reddit Halo?

We changed our name (we probably wont be keeping it), picked up ROB THE TURTLE, and dropped our buddy Crony M33. 

Haven't gone anywhere, just playing under the GT Kalder now. Had the chance to get my name as a tag so i took it. 

You know what made this game fun in terms of good competition? That GB worlds ladder where AM teams got to play a best of 3 series consistently against pro teams. That was the best time for AMs to actually get the best practice possible. Now in order to play pros it's most likely a random MM match or in a tournament. Both times being really rare. That ladder needs to come back :(  And if not, somehow have a cash prize or something good awarded to top arena ranks, to make pros jump in. Only 8 pros are in the top 100 arena ranks. That is a good enough symbol of a bad ranking system. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what made this game fun in terms of good competition? That GB worlds ladder where AM teams got to play a best of 3 series consistently against pro teams. That was the best time for AMs to actually get the best practice possible. Now in order to play pros it's most likely a random MM match or in a tournament. Both times being really rare. That ladder needs to come back :( And if not, somehow have a cash prize or something good awarded to top arena ranks, to make pros jump in. Only 8 pros are in the top 100 arena ranks. That is a good enough symbol of a bad ranking system.

I think the problem is, i don't think there is a rational incentive that would cause pro's to see value in climbing ladders when they have Pro League matches to prepare for. Why jump into lengthy tourneys to play BO3's against AMs who may or may not even have serious aspirations, when they could be scrimming Pro Teams.

Also, I think you see less pros in the top ranks because they aren't grinding Arena as much. The ranking system isn't the best in the world, but without player data, how could it place them more accurately?

Can't put rewards in a 4 vs 4 match making system, we already see way too many champs boosting with there friends on bronze accounts etc.

Unless they put in match making restrictions it would never work.

I know halo and hearthstone are completely different genres of games but there legend ladder works so well.

I think the problem is, i don't think there is a rational incentive that would cause pro's to see value in climbing ladders when they have Pro League matches to prepare for. Why jump into lengthy tourneys to play BO3's against AMs who may or may not even have serious aspirations, when they could be scrimming Pro Teams.

Also, I think you see less pros in the top ranks because they aren't grinding Arena as much. The ranking system isn't the best in the world, but without player data, how could it place them more accurately?

Well the rational incentive for pros to play the HWC ladder on GB instead of scrimming other pro teams to prepare for worlds, was to get as many pro points as possible grinding that ladder. Basically as long as something awards pro points, then the pros should participate to increase their chances of having a higher seed so they can qualify for something. So with this in mind, maybe 343 could announce that having a high arena rank at the end of the season will award a certain amount of pro points, the higher the rank, the more points awarded. They could also just make another ladder that awards points again. So far all we know is that pros are willing to play AMs if they get something from it. And pro points and money seem to be the only two things that line up.

And to answer the "without player data, how could it place them more accurately?" question, why not just make win percentage play a big factor in ranking up? If your win percentage is high, you should rank up faster, but as it lowers, your rate of ranking up should fall. This would help organize the people that play all the time, from the players that actually have a great win percentage but only play maybe 100 games a season (which would most likely be pros). And that should make the top arena ranks, reflect the top players. 

Well the rational incentive for pros to play the HWC ladder on GB instead of scrimming other pro teams to prepare for worlds, was to get as many pro points as possible grinding that ladder. Basically as long as something awards pro points, then the pros should participate to increase their chances of having a higher seed so they can qualify for something. So with this in mind, maybe 343 could announce that having a high arena rank at the end of the season will award a certain amount of pro points, the higher the rank, the more points awarded. They could also just make another ladder that awards points again. So far all we know is that pros are willing to play AMs if they get something from it. And pro points and money seem to be the only two things that line up.

And to answer the "without player data, how could it place them more accurately?" question, why not just make win percentage play a big factor in ranking up? If your win percentage is high, you should rank up faster, but as it lowers, your rate of ranking up should fall. This would help organize the people that play all the time, from the players that actually have a great win percentage (which would most likely be pros). And that should make the top arena ranks, reflect the top players. 

Won't work because of how easy it is to boost. When I go search solo on my smurf, I match champions playing with bronze guys pretty regularly. It's comical.

And to answer the "without player data, how could it place them more accurately?" question, why not just make win percentage play a big factor in ranking up? If your win percentage is high, you should rank up faster, but as it lowers, your rate of ranking up should fall. This would help organize the people that play all the time, from the players that actually have a great win percentage but only play maybe 100 games a season (which would most likely be pros). And that should make the top arena ranks, reflect the top players. 

This is already a thing. As you play more games in a season your rank starts to move slower in either direction, and if you play people much higher rank and win you'll also go up a lot more than playing someone of an equal or lower rank. Both of these should and do make it a lot easier for pro players to out-rank those with a lot more games played.

Won't work because of how easy it is to boost. When I go search solo on my smurf, I match champions playing with bronze guys pretty regularly. It's comical.

This shouldn't be the hardest fix in the world, they just need to lower the CSR gained from games with a large discrepancy in rank. I already will have a lot of games where I will win against low-onyx players and only gain 1-2 CSR, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on there.

Our team placed 9-12 this week, just like last week. We're inconsistent and that's something we really need to work on.

Our team placed 9-12 this week, just like last week. We're inconsistent and that's something we really need to work on.

Competition in legendary cup is pretty fierce and you guys lost to some really good teams. OnlyGoodOnline is in the winner finals, while Define Reality has just made top 6 (facing Elevate next). Better luck next week.

Competition in legendary cup is pretty fierce and you guys lost to some really good teams. OnlyGoodOnline is in the winner finals, while Define Reality has just made top 6 (facing Elevate next). Better luck next week.

Thanks man. Our first series today against seed 6, Torment, we played really well and swept the series 3-0. We were confident going into the second series against OnlyGoodOnline (we lost last Sunday to them 3-2 with a 50-49 game 5) but just played too individually and pretty stupid. Define Reality, we definitely did not expect the competition that came from them. We 100-0d them game 1 and got wrecked game 2 and 3 (we got outslayed, hard). We won game 4 but they just had a better grasp on Rig Slayer than we did. They're absolutely a solid team. Tapping Buttons and Galaxy are both amazing players, I've observed.

What in saying is that if a player is in the pro league, his priority is going to be winning pro league matches. And that means they need to have high quality practice, all the time. The matchmaking system is inefficient in that regard.

even in the build up to Worlds, you saw pros who didn't really grind the ladder and instead banked on qualifier points to get their seedings.

It seems that Pros are already willing to scrim AMs if they prove their worth. legendary cups are a good way to do this: but they just aren't going to waste their time playing rag tag groups of people with champ rankings.

any upsets so far besides lifestyle's team?

Elevate got knocked out by Catastrophe after being sent to Losers by French Toast Mafia. Onlygoodonline is in the finals waiting on Catastrophe v French Toast Mafia