xJumPeRJumPzZ

3 New Armor Mods (Perks) for Halo 4

Instead of adding real changes they add these two shit perks into the game. K  :quinn:

I'm done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could see "Recharge" Being used in Competitive Settings. 

We can already change that in player traits in custom options..

• Upvote (+1) 2

We can already change that in player traits in custom options..

I honestly don't feel like 343 knows this though.  They probably forgot they even gave us custom trait options.

Next AA pack they release is rumored to have "moon shoes" - ability to jump 15% higher.

While I'm not thrilled about either of these things it makes sense in terms of trying to get the player population to try and come back. I can see a lot of 130 SR wanting to play to 150. 

Give us a faster game with increased speed, 4 shot Br, and The Pit..

Add two more perks to allow bad kids to be able to get away with bad positioning and stupid mistakes..

I think I've figure out 343's business plan. It's called "1 step forward, 2 steps back".

One perk, really. The recharge perk is actually nice. With faster kill times than H3, faster shield recharge time should have came with it. Now, albeit with perks, we can have that better recharge time.

I'm just saying that halo has never been an even playing field, why people keep using that as an argument against (insert gamebreaking feature here) is beyond me.

wtf? what halo game have you played prior to Reach introducing AA's????

Now, albeit with perks, we can have that better recharge time.

we can already do that with custom options. The Perks are just an easy way of telling everyone..."hey...you're shields will recharge faster stupid". What they should have did was update the entire game so that shields recharge faster and tell everyone about the change in a bulletin. Easy, simple and removes the rock/paper/scissor issue of it being a perk.

While I'm not thrilled about either of these things it makes sense in terms of trying to get the player population to try and come back. I can see a lot of 130 SR wanting to play to 150. 

to be honest I'm surprised 343i didn't make a prestige mode, its the easiest (and laziest) way to increase the level cap, they've already copied COD this much so they might aswell.

There might be a third perk that removes stopping power (when you get shot and slow down) from what I'm hearing.

you have got to be kidding me....

• Upvote (+1) 2

There might be a third perk that removes stopping power (when you get shot and slow down) from what I'm hearing.

I'd say they're taking a step forward and 2 steps back, but it looks like they're sprinting back with dexterity on.. or should i say extreme conditioning :(

Wasn't the recharge for shields in Halo 3 like 5 seconds? If Ghost replaces Explosives with Recharge for Throwdown, I think competitive play for H4 might be more like H3. Personally I hate having to wait 8 seconds for my shields to start recharging and I hate getting destroyed by nades that aren't close to me :(.

Is this confirmed only updates for TU? I mean.. that's to little for a title update. But what it does show is that more are coming our way in the future.

With this coming out of nowhere, maybe they will come out with descoping out of nowhere. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

a perk vs. global settings have different effect. as the name implies the global settings are applied to everyone. however with perks players have to choose the perk over a different one.

biggest concern is 343's commitment to the perk system. It did not go well for halo 4. i was hoping it gets revamped for the next Halo or scrapped all together.

No not only is it not progressing as fast as we wanted but they are choosing the complete wrong aspects to "fix" while not doing shit about the ones we've been very vocal about since launch.

343i deserves just as much of a pat on the back as whoever directed the karate kid remake.

Edit: Source:

http://worthplaying.com/article/2013/7/6/news/89850/

This one actually sounds interesting. So many times, more than I care to remember, I'll be sprinting and get shot in the back actually be slowed down.. it makes no sense. I can see if you're sprinting at someone and you're getting shot in the chest that it'd make sense to be slowed down.. but not moving away from the shooter.

This one actually sounds interesting. So many times, more than I care to remember, I'll be sprinting and get shot in the back actually be slowed down.. it makes no sense. I can see if your sprinting at some and your getting shot in the chest that it'd makes to be slowed down.. but not moving away from the shooter.

The point of the mechanic was to prevent people from using Sprint to run away. Now this perk only makes it easier.

edit: so the 3rd perk (resistor) is official. I know it won't be in throwdown...but jesus christ...can they dumb down this game anymore?

Yeah you are right.

"Resistor Tactical Package: The Resistor Package is a specialized armor mod that allows Spartans to maintain their full mobility and dexterity while taking incoming fire."

Wasn't the recharge for shields in Halo 3 like 5 seconds? If Ghost replaces Explosives with Recharge for Throwdown, I think competitive play for H4 might be more like H3. Personally I hate having to wait 8 seconds for my shields to start recharging and I hate getting destroyed by nades that aren't close to me :(.

I agree 100%. This should happen asap.

Footwork - increases strafe effectiveness but the user cannot sprint

Sharpshooter - removes bloom, spread, and recoil from precision weapons

...what they should have been.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree 100%. This should happen asap.

This can  already be changed without the armor mod. It hasn't because of sprint.

Wait so resistor makes Halo 4 sprint Halo Reach sprint v2 where people don't slow down and run away easily? Great Idea guys, might as well make a perk where you spawn with Overshield.