Beatdown

No Man's Sky Thread

What's your PC specs??

I'm running a Radeon R9 200 series, 8GB RAM, AMX FX processor with 6-cores and i get reach 60 fps at all.

GTX 970, W10, 16GB RAM, i5

Do you have your FPS set to "Max", Vsync off, and on Borderless? Full screen mode is supposedly causing problems but I'm not sure since I always play borderless anyway.

What's your PC specs??

I'm running a Radeon R9 200 series, 8GB RAM, AMX FX processor with 6-cores and i get reach 60 fps at all.

Not sure which of the 200 series you have buuuut I would be curious to know how many cores NMS is utilizing for you. That processor could be holding you back because the single thread performance from AMD vs equivalent Intel is pretty appalling and most games aren't going to utilize that many cores to begin with

GTX 970, W10, 16GB RAM, i5

Do you have your FPS set to "Max", Vsync off, and on Borderless? Full screen mode is supposedly causing problems but I'm not sure since I always play borderless anyway.

I do.

And I've tested all low settings and all high settings...low is best for me...but I still can't hit 60fps.

I do.

And I've tested all low settings and all high settings...low is best for me...but I still can't hit 60fps.

Don't know what to tell you, man. :/ I know a lot of other people are having similar issues. Hopefully Hello Games gets a fix out quick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whats yall opinion of this game.  Over-hyped or what?  Lots of bad reviews on steam.  I thought it looked cool but the bad steam reviews make me hesitant to try. 

Whats yall opinion of this game.  Over-hyped or what?  Lots of bad reviews on steam.  I thought it looked cool but the bad steam reviews make me hesitant to try. 

I left my 2 cents on page 2, but TLDR: Massive game with not a lot to do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"A mile wide and an inch deep".

I've been watching a lot of gameplay of it, trying to psyche myself up to buy it, but its just not working for me. There just isn't any content. People keep talking about how cool and awesome all the features are that are in the game, and I just keep thinking to myself "So its basically a stripped down Spore game with a art style you can take seriously and the ability to walk on planets non-holographically, and minus the other 4 stages of evolution, any empire building, any ability to change your environment, and any custom content..."

I might buy it once it goes on sale and/or they optimize it a bit, but ole pessimistic me isn't exactly impressed with the gameplay just yet. What's your rig like QuietMan?

"A mile wide and an inch deep".

I've been watching a lot of gameplay of it, trying to psyche myself up to buy it, but its just not working for me. There just isn't any content. People keep talking about how cool and awesome all the features are that are in the game, and I just keep thinking to myself "So its basically a stripped down Spore game with a art style you can take seriously and the ability to walk on planets non-holographically, and minus the other 4 stages of evolution, any empire building, any ability to change your environment, and any custom content..."

I might buy it once it goes on sale and/or they optimize it a bit, but ole pessimistic me isn't exactly impressed with the gameplay just yet. What's your rig like QuietMan?

I get the same feeling from all the stuff I've seen so far.  Looks like I'd get bored pretty quick with NMS. 

As far as my rig goes,

I've got a really old black Nzxt Phantom case.

GPU: GeForce GTX 980 Ti

CPU: Intel® Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Memory: 8 GB RAM (7.93 GB RAM usable)

1200 Watt Platinum rated PSU

Cheesy ASRock Z87 Killer MOBO

2 120GB SSDs and 2 1TB Hard Drives

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Dedicated Sound Card.

Peripherals: 

4k G-Sync display for single player games

120 Hz 1080p display for Competitive

Corsair K90 Mechanical Keyboard

Logitec Proteus Core Gaming Mouse

Sennheiser headphones pc 360

Here's a pic of my man cave.

F0kgFg0.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean what did people expect? People get hyped because they didn't say much about gameplay so people would fill those gaps with their minds and imagined the perfect game. Now they got an empty universe where you do the same things over and over - with massive performance issues on some machines...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I played the game. Dealt with like 18 desktop crashes. Got to the center of the galaxy.

Still not worth $60.

I havent played it, and I feel like I havent missed out much. NMS is pretty much like Starbound except its in first person lol. Also starbound has multiplayer lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still waiting for you to shown me these recent, PC exclusive, graphical powerhouse games.

Check this yo, a console will never get something of this magnitude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5XSiww9ZO4

Ya because no man's sky isn't a thing.

#ThrowbackWednesday When Cooper compared NMS to Star Citizen. :laughing:

I havent played it, and I feel like I havent missed out much. NMS is pretty much like Starbound except its in first person lol. Also starbound has multiplayer lol.

Also, you can build stuff in Starbund right ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I left my 2 cents on page 2, but TLDR: Massive game with not a lot to do.

Yea, as others already noted - "a mile wide but an inch deep".

I guess it is couple inches deeper for these that didn't fall victims to the almighty hype.

Actual commentary starts at 0:54

I also feel it's important to note what Zerue posted doesn't even scratch the surface of the kinds of things you can build in Starbound. If there's one thing Starbound really excels in, it's building. Unfortunately there isn't a lot to do in Starbound besides build or explore planets that are largely the same.