Beatdown

No Man's Sky Thread

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/

I'm excited for it yet dreading it at the same time.  Very few games in the past couple of years have been able to stay fun.  This game could be really amazing or a dry turd out of the box.  

Anyone planning on checking it out?

• Upvote (+1) 1

day one buy for me on pc and i hate how this isn't coming to xbox one for a while.

I'm going to have it on PS4 first.  I'm saving up for a rig though.

I didn't think it was going to XB1 at all.  Unless it cross platforms with the ps4 I think its a terrible idea.  Tired of all these games having such a split community player wise when it comes to connectivity.

I'm going to have it on PS4 first. I'm saving up for a rig though.

I didn't think it was going to XB1 at all. Unless it cross platforms with the ps4 I think its a terrible idea. Tired of all these games having such a split community player wise when it comes to connectivity.

i think its a limited time exclusive deal with sony. kinda how minecraft was just on xbox but eventually went to ps as well.

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT! I've been looking forward to this game for awhile now.

we gotta do a TB squad of raiders and go around fucking shit up.  Have our own planet/system.

we gotta do a TB squad of raiders and go around fucking shit up.  Have our own planet/system.

I haven't followed it for a while but I don't think that's how the game is going to work. It's more like a solo thing where it's very unlikely you'll meet anyone you know.

I haven't followed it for a while but I don't think that's how the game is going to work. It's more like a solo thing where it's very unlikely you'll meet anyone you know.

Yea but i'm sure you'll still be able to play with friends.

I watched gameplay of it a while back, and while I wanted to like it, but the type of game it is never really appealed to me. It looks void of anything entertaining. Then again, I am not a gamer who really enjoys exploration games. I will say the art style and visuals look pretty neat, though.

Yea but i'm sure you'll still be able to play with friends.

As I say I haven't been keeping up with this years developments but from what I've read:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/10/stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game.aspx

"Q. Will your friends take priority?

No. Just to be really clear, the reason that I'm saying this is we just want to be really clear with people that it is not an MMO. All of those questions are leading toward that. There are loads of MMOs out there. People can play those. We want people to be able to get a sense of playing with other people and to see other people and feel like this is a real, live universe.

If you're thinking, “Okay, okay, I understand all of that, Sean, but let's say all my friends want to go and play together.” That's not what this is about. You've seen the galactic map. I don't want to disappoint people. I don't want to answer your question and then they will think, “Yeah, yeah, he's saying it's difficult, but I'll do it. And then we will play Destiny together, effectively. We will all run around the planets.”

No. If you want to play a first-person-shooter-sci-fi-run-around-on-a-planet game, play Destiny. It’s a really good game. Go play that. We're not trying to do that.

Like Journey multiplayer, that was a huge part of the game for me, but they did a good job in not describing it as a multiplayer game. Journey would have been really disappointing if you entered into it thinking it was a multiplayer game. It's not. Dark Souls I think of as a single-player experience, but I'm really glad of the elements that they have in there."

It's a real shame because a few of my mates were really interested but only if you were able to play with friends.

As I say I haven't been keeping up with this years developments but from what I've read:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/10/stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game.aspx

It's a real shame because a few of my mates were really interested but only if you were able to play with friends.

Whats the point of making such a huge universe so empty then?  Thats a buzz kill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

See that is kinda intriguing to me.  I like that the universe is so big that it is hard to find people.  But it would also be cool if you could create real alliances kinda like eve online.   I think it would be cool.  Part of me thinks that type of thing would be the only thing to keep me coming back to the game.  Search and conquer.  And if the universe is that big, the empires could be huge and there could be some epic battles. 

Whats the point of making such a huge universe so empty then?  Thats a buzz kill.

Just so they can say that it's pretty much infinite. It's more of a marketing gimmick than it is for gameplay.

I really wanted to enjoy this game but I can't justify spending $60 for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the devs are gonna facepalm themselves when this releases because I have a feeling that people are going to want to be social with this game and they won't be able to. Look at State of Decay, their first game had NO COOP...and that was something that all SOD fans were wanting...so now they're doing it with their sequel.

Not sure why NMS can't foresee this.

The nms reddit exploded recently due to a gamer having the game early and already made it to the center of the galaxy afrer about 30hrs played.

The guy tried to explain he purposely did it and that had he not done it, it wluld have taken him much longer... but every one is assuning the game is t as big as the devs say it is.

I've pretty kept as much of myself away from news of this game as much as I can. I might wait for reviews or I'll just give in next week and pre-order it. Haven't decided yet.

I've pretty kept as much of myself away from news of this game as much as I can. I might wait for reviews or I'll just give in next week and pre-order it. Haven't decided yet.

About the reviews...

About the reviews...

Welp guess I'll just pre-order it. I've blown $60 on worse games.

Everyone just knows that the PC delay has to do with the Sony deal. Fucking dumb.

Yeah, they need to bring this game to Xbox too. It's technically not a Sony exclusive if the game is on PC too.

I really hate when publishers do this. They alienate the user.

copy arrived today

Server wipe is tomorrow I believe so don't invest too much time.

Server wipe is tomorrow I believe so don't invest too much time.[/quotelI'll use the time to figure out WTF I'm doing. I'm shit at this game so far.

Space battles are clunky as hell.