Sign in to follow this  
A z

Invisible Bunny Hopping in Halo 5. New radar META?

Title was meant to say Invisible radar bunny hopping in Halo 5. New radar META?

Hello all,

this may already be known among many of yourselves or perhaps this is new to you. Regardless I thought I would share what I've discovered to everyone.

With the recent update of increasing crouch speed I have been messing around with it. As you know crouching removes you off the radar completely unless you shoot or move faster than a certain speed. People use to walk in Halo 5 as it did the same job.

With the current settings with increased speed if you jump into a crouch and hold it down and then jump as soon as you hit the ground you build momentum. Just a little bit. If you keep repeating it you will gather even more speed. You won't fly across the map or anything silly but sometimes depending on the flatness of a map you will move way faster than you would jogging and even better you're off the radar. Completely. Until you shoot or thrust etc.

I've got a few examples shown below. All you need to do is look at the radar in the bottom left. The white arrow shows you appearing on radar. When it's gone you're invisible. I've also added the enemy POV so you can see what it's like.

I'm also an old school Halo competitive player at heart. Seeing this just makes me want to remove radar completely. Not that everyone will but imagine everyone in a game bunny hopping around the map and fighting. It would make radar almost useless. But that's another story.

Hope you enjoyed.

yeah man I'm glad someone posted this haha I think it is an extremely valuable asset. I've actually been doing this for about 4-5 months consistently . when I say consistently I mean like on average I can find at least 2-3 times a game I find it very useful . I planned on posting it to twitter or here but I haven't been on here in FOREVER, but yeah I'm really surprised I haven't seen anyone else in matchmaking do this.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

yeah man I'm glad someone posted this haha I think it is an extremely valuable asset. I've actually been doing this for about 4-5 months consistently . when I say consistently I mean like on average I can find at least 2-3 times a game I find it very useful . I planned on posting it to twitter or here but I haven't been on here in FOREVER, but yeah I'm really surprised I haven't seen anyone else in matchmaking do this.

It was posted in the meta thread awhile back.

Like I said I haven't been on here in forever and I'd assumed people did it and obviously knew about it just not sure how many cause I don't see it often. Whether its high caliber players or we even mid and low tier while playing on scrub accounts or with IRL friends

Don't worry. It's not getting removed. Just adapt. #Just343Things

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've literally been jumping around like this for full games it's so dumb they just need to remove radar before I break my Elite's left bumper again

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah the mechanics of this concept have been known for a while, but the applications have begun to become popularized very recently. 

Radar preservation also includes Crouching before a Clamber and Crouching when flying through the air after a Slide Boost; both will prevent you from showing up on radar.

Myself and @@aPK call it "Ghosting"

Yeah the mechanics of this concept have been known for a while, but the applications have begun to become popularized very recently. 

Radar preservation also includes Crouching before a Clamber and Crouching when flying through the air after a Slide Boost; both will prevent you from showing up on radar.

Sounds like the start of something that could be taken advantage of to the point where most people are doing it and if enough methods are found then you'd be off radar in most cases. Assuming its practical and advantageous enough.

If said scenario were to happen then it may suade 343s stance on radar.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It was posted in the meta thread awhile back.

Yeah I was aware that people knew about this but since the crouching speed update recently I've noticed how much better is has become.

I can see why you'd call it ghosting. I just thought about bunny hop since it's similar movement wise to CS.

I'm super intrigued, but can't see the videos - can you get them on oddshot or something?

I've added the original xboxdvr clips so it should show now.

Guys all you do it hold crouch and jump forward over and over and you stay off of radar while basically going full walking speed

Sounds like the start of something that could be taken advantage of to the point where most people are doing it and if enough methods are found then you'd be off radar in most cases. Assuming its practical and advantageous enough.

If said scenario were to happen then it may suade 343s stance on radar.

Quite the opposite. At that point, people who can master these techniques will have an advantage over those who can't because it will essentially remove the ability to radar camp teams who use these multiple techniques.

Whether you think this is a good thing or a bad thing is up to you but I'd say it's more likely for 343 to be fond of this as a defense of radar rather than a reason to remove it.

I can see why you'd call it ghosting. I just thought about bunny hop since it's similar movement wise to CS.

Ghosting is the overarching term to cover the ability to cloak from radar. Bunny hopping is one of the methods in which you can Ghost.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys all you do it hold crouch and jump forward over and over and you stay off of radar while basically going full walking speed

I don't believe it is quite full walking speed but it is definitely faster than crouch walking.

I've added the original xboxdvr clips so it should show now.

Thanks.

So do people think this is dumb or something? I think it's actually kind of a great compromise. It basically just adds a new skill you have to learn to stay off radar, which adds some risk vs. reward.

Just out of curiosity (I'm at work so I can't test this myself), how fast can you get going with the crouch jumping? Does your speed top out or do you just slowly accelerate to higher and higher speeds?

Thanks.

So do people think this is dumb or something? I think it's actually kind of a great compromise. It basically just adds a new skill you have to learn to stay off radar, which adds some risk vs. reward.

Just out of curiosity (I'm at work so I can't test this myself), how fast can you get going with the crouch jumping? Does your speed top out or do you just slowly accelerate to higher and higher speeds?

Depending on what you land on either a slope or downwards stairs I've over taken people sprinting but still off the radar.

I don't believe it is quite full walking speed but it is definitely faster than crouch walking.

Faster than crouch walking and depending on the angle of what you land on you can move faster than jogging.

I noticed @@RyaNoob made a video today about it

Coincidence?  :simms:

Faster than crouch walking and depending on the angle of what you land on you can move faster than jogging.

I noticed @@RyaNoob made a video today about it

Coincidence?  :simms:

Yeah, bunny hopping off of inclines or "skipping" along the ground after a Slide Boost are super effective.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That shit is sooooo loud in game though. It's a great noob stomp mechanic though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That shit is sooooo loud in game though. It's a great noob stomp mechanic though.

You say this like I can't already hear regular footsteps halfway across the map

Depending on what you land on either a slope or downwards stairs I've over taken people sprinting but still off the radar.

this- extremely useful in situations say, like the new snipe ramp on Coliseum. Enemy grabs snipe, heads down their slide, you bunny hop on the slide, effectively boost to them off radar => profit

It's also hilarious because they are usually watching their radar and will have absolutely no clue what happened

Cool tip I guess. We could just turn radar off in my opinion, but you know, details.