Sign in to follow this  
Vampire

The Champions Bundle Announced

Yes it is extremely annoying that we must wait this long however in the long run we will have amazing gametypes for pretty much the remainder of Halo 4. And is it just me or does this new gametype they released might potentially have competitive aspects? 

I would like to hear peoples thoughts.

Its kind of like SnD on Cod but cooler and with more of a football aspect. I think it could work 

Not to be  jerk but it really isn't anything like SnD. SnD you die and you can't respawn. SnD you plant and defuse a bomb. In this game it's continuous scoring and you can't take the ball out of the goal aka defuse. I don't see this being a viable gametype unless they make it possible to drop and pickup the ball and remove the ability to throw the ball miles. Then it would be similar to Assault.

Your thinking of Grifball... Ricochet you throw the ball to the goal... Grifball you walk into it like Assault...

The current grifball variant isn't viable because of the way setting up weapons and such works, along with no disarm. That is however another thing we'd need is a disarm and arm time.

Grifball on Steroids.  :kappa:

You can definitely tell this man was behind it.

kevinfranklin.jpg

change your twitch name to kev_franklin_saves_halo soon pls  :kappa:  :kappa:

I would of rather seen another map be remade than the pit considering that we have been playing the map for six years straight but if it were to only replace Adrift I wouldn't be that disappointed.

I don't think it will work for slayer though because if slayer was already standoffish in H3 and HR it will probably be even more so because of the snipers with no descope.      

I missed the panel. Hopefully, it gets on youtube pretty quickly. I like that The Pit is returning as a remade map instead of the forge variant even though it has been recycled a lot. I wish they would've gave it a different name though. Whenever I hear Pitfall, I think of the Atari game.

change your twitch name to kev_franklin_saves_halo soon pls  :kappa:  :kappa:

Haha, I hope the day will come when I can change it to that.

You guys seem to not understand this is not going to be a FORGE pit remake. We are getting the map made by the developers which means that there will be no screen lag on split screen for LAN's and Tournaments. And we can finally replace shitty abandon slayer, and awful Adrift Flag.

Pitfall >

nothing wrong with abandon

• Upvote (+1) 4

What resources? The maps were done by Certain Affinity; all of the map packs were done by an outside studio. Certain Affinity likely also did the weapon skins. The new "gametype" is just a morphed version of previously existing gametypes.

90%+ of the studio; including all the main designers, key development people, etc. are already working on the Xbox One Halo game and have been for a while. That is why there is no resources or time available to re-work major parts of the game....and to be honest, its too late to "save" anything. 30K people play this game.

I didn't realize Certain Affinity works for free. Oh that's right. They were paid MONEY. Money which should have went to a coder, not artists.

The second part of your argument makes no sense. If this game is so dead that it is not worth fixing then how is it worth releasing maps and armor for?

• Upvote (+1) 1

nothing wrong with abandon

Yeah I agree. Abandon and Haven are both good default maps and should stay.

But its great that we have a lot of options for SS maps now.

unless Pitfall has SS lag  :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am i the only one that sees that the map is smaller than the old Pit look at the video near the end of the gameplay the distance from s1 to underbridge to other base's s1. SMH its sch a shame tho they release pit but it will not play well at all just because this game has permanent sprint. I think tha ti am going to cry from just thinking how this could have have been a thousand times better if sprint wasnt in the game. :(. This dlc is a good and bad thing. Good thing is new map and gametype that will work with agl throwdown settings and hopefully byebye adrift. Bad thing sprint fucking flow of gameplay on pit. Imagine flag on pitfall where  one team is running flag and the enemy gets court spawn all they have to do is sprint and they will cath up to the flag guy :( I WANT NO SPRINT PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am i the only one that sees that the map is smaller than the old Pit look at the video near the end of the gameplay the distance from s1 to underbridge to other base's s1. SMH its sch a shame tho they release pit but it will not play well at all just because this game has permanent sprint. I think tha ti am going to cry from just thinking how this could have have been a thousand times better if sprint wasnt in the game. :(. This dlc is a good and bad thing. Good thing is new map and gametype that will work with agl throwdown settings and hopefully byebye adrift. Bad thing sprint fucking flow of gameplay on pit. Imagine flag on pitfall where  one team is running flag and the enemy gets court spawn all they have to do is sprint and they will cath up to the flag guy :( I WANT NO SPRINT PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Ghost might be doing no sprint for v5

Man, whats wrong with you people?! This is the first legit pit remake we have had. I'm stoked to play these new maps. It bugs me that most of you guys won't even consider something new for competitive play. Why try to make the new gametype assault? Why can't we just try it out, it could be a very fun spectator gametype. Plus the new vertigo map with 2 minute EMP's could be really interesting for comp. play. Just my opinion.

Ricochet is essentially grifball with a different scoring system and the ability to throw the ball to score.

Grifball settings could work as an "assault" gametype if you could disable bomb throwing.

Ricochet is essentially grifball with a different scoring system and the ability to throw the ball to score.

The old grifball settings could have worked as an "assault" gametype if you could disable bomb throwing.

IIRC the auto arm and disarm options are broken on grifball.

You guys seem to not understand this is not going to be a FORGE pit remake. We are getting the map made by the developers which means that there will be no screen lag on split screen for LAN's and Tournaments. And we can finally replace shitty abandon slayer, and awful Adrift Flag.

Pitfall >

Some maps have splitscreen lag naturally.

Its not like grifball. You cant only use a hammer or sword, and its not play in an open box it's played on real MAPS

Haha, I hope the day will come when I can change it to that.

O________________________O

ARE YOU kev_franklin_evades_halo?

Its not like grifball. You cant only use a hammer or sword, and its not play in an open box it's played on real MAPS

You can change the starting weapons in grifball and you can play Grifball on real maps too.

You can change the starting weapons in grifball and you can play Grifball on real maps too.

Then why would we have to buy the new gametype? All i'm saying is it could be cool but, it seems this community doesn't like to try new things.

Actually no, even in the old grifball settings you could change starting weapons, movement speed and etc.

I didn't realize Certain Affinity works for free. Oh that's right. They were paid MONEY. Money which should have went to a coder, not artists.

Microsoft has money.  It is extremely easy to pay another studio, who has their own location and equipment, and tell them to throw together a few maps under 'X' guidelines.  What are you suggesting? Taking that money and expanding 343 itself? Setting up more workstations for coders and developers? 343 is a large studio already.  They aren't short on people.  I'd also be willing to bet that the cost/benefit works out in favour of simply paying a 3rd party to throw out some DLC content.

The second part of your argument makes no sense. If this game is so dead that it is not worth fixing then how is it worth releasing maps and armor for?

Nice straw-man argument.  The studio still needs to support and sustain the game; and keep the relatively few people that do play the game involved by showing that they didn't just release this game and peace out.  It is part of Public Relations.  However; paying Certain Affinity to throw together a few maps is a lot different than focusing on more or less re-working significant game mechanics; which by the way require a shit ton of re-coding...and then TESTING, DEBUGGING, etc, etc.  You think its worth it for them to do all that for a more or less leveled-out game; when they have major pressure to work on the NEXT Halo game? Changing Halo 4 game mechanics at this point is not going to all of a sudden bring tens of thousands of people back to the game...it just isn't going to happen; and therefore it is not worth it from the companies eyes.