Vampire

The Champions Bundle Announced

Vertigo looks good and it's asymmetrical...which we need more of it for gametypes like Extraction and KoTH. However, if we cant turn off those switches that remove shields or block them in forge then the map won't have much chance competitively. 

The buttons are blockable.

As soon as i read "Pit remake" i remembered why i don't play anymore.

Best of luck though

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Pit? I thought we were finally past this. Would have been nice to poll the community on what remake they wanted, there's so many better maps in the catalogue and instead we get the giant wall in the middle of the map with almost no lines of sight.

They just announced an FFA tournament, would have been the perfect time to bring back Midship

• Upvote (+1) 3

I LOVE the Pit, but we need a remake from Reach "/

oh...nope

You'd think we'd get sick of The Pit by now, but Jesus' nipples i'm excited for Aug 20th now  :maven:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Pit? I thought we were finally past this. Would have been nice to poll the community on what remake they wanted, there's so many better maps in the catalogue and instead we get the giant wall in the middle of the map with almost no lines of sight.

They just announced an FFA tournament, would have been the perfect time to bring back Midship

Wouldn't have mattered because we'd be getting Midship on August 20th and the finals are late August/early September so not much point.

You'd think we'd get sick of The Pit by now, but Jesus' nipples i'm excited for Aug 20th now   :maven:

A lot of people, including myself, don't really mind, as long as it we can say goodbye to Adrift. :)

and only $6 for just the maps  :D

Yeah, there's no reason why at least 80% of Throwdown shouldn't have bought Pit. So cheap.

I rather see construct remake tbh.

I would say narrows but that map + no descoping = snipers heaven (even though pitfall is already a snipers heaven)

I rather see construct remake tbh.

I would say narrows but that map + no descoping = snipers heaven (even though pitfall is already a snipers heaven)

Yeah, I would rather see Construct, too however I feel Pit to H3 scale plays better with sprint (assuming we don't get No Sprint) than Construct with Sprint.

Narrows would be much worse than Pit in terms of no descoping sniping. Just sit on attic or on the back plats with no descope =  :angry: . At least Pit will be a bit better with its shorter lines of sight. 

Certain Affinity DID poll the community a couple months back on their Facebook page asking which map we wanted to have remade. I am assuming the choice to remake the Pit was a result of this poll.

We are the minority so don't act like our needs are the most important. No-Throw and Flag Drop require more resources than scrapping some art onto a weapon.

You honestly think there is a minority of people who want throwing the oddball removed and the ability to drop the flag?

They are trying to prolong whats left in the life of h4 while they work on the next halo for xbox one, if they came out and said no we are not releasing anything after castle map pack everyone would be mad about that. We should be glad they are even bothering with h4 at this point while they work on whatever they are releasing on the xbone in my opinion.

It's just a no win situation with some people I guess.

We are not mad about a Pit-remake release. Just some of us feel there are more precedent issues to tackle beforehand.

and only $6 for just the maps :D

If only I could use my credit card... no I have to go through those stupid Microsoft Points, probably need to buy 20$ worth of them...

You guys seem to not understand this is not going to be a FORGE pit remake. We are getting the map made by the developers which means that there will be no screen lag on split screen for LAN's and Tournaments. And we can finally replace shitty abandon slayer, and awful Adrift Flag.

Pitfall >

Developer maps still have frame rate lag on split screen, just not to the extent that some Forge maps have. Split screen in any form isn't suitable for and LAN's or tournaments.

Either way, happy to see The Pit back, but I'd prefer we get some new maps next time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did you remember why you still post on halo forums?

Yeah I do, because I still support the community. But it is people like you who are living evidence why most people on the outside looking in hate this community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Developer maps still have frame rate lag on split screen, just not to the extent that some Forge maps have. Split screen in any form isn't suitable for and LAN's or tournaments.

Either way, happy to see The Pit back, but I'd prefer we get some new maps next time.

It's a bit disheartening because I believe they *had* to remake The Pit in order to get this bundle to sell. Again, piggybacking on the premise of nostalgia like Battle Rifle starts in Halo 4. The Pit was an okay map for Halo 3, because the random BR spread allowed encounters on the highly closed off sections of the map to be more consistent. BR'ing someone from Green Box to Training is going to feel more consistent than BR'ing someone from Snipe 2 to Snipe 2 in Halo 3. The map itself wasn't great, it just suited the mechanics of Halo 3.

Again, they cater to nostalgia to ensure the decent sale of this map pack. This map pack wouldn't stand on Vertigo alone. (pun)

To address the screen lag issues, maps like Solace and Complex all experience varying degrees of frame rate issues, so you're right to that point Moa. We'll have to wait and see once the maps are actually released.

That being said, however, how many rounds does AGL even play on split screen? If they can fashion tournaments and keep them to small enough turnouts altogether, maybe the issue of split screen lag can just be avoided. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Armor and weapon skins instead of fixing their broken game.

What's broken exactly?? They just fixed it with the weapon tuning update.. In their eyes at least. Halo 4 is actually half decent now.. No need to change settings or anything, ride this wave and keep it populated.. Don't segregate yourselves and make a no sprint playlist..

It's a bit disheartening because I believe they *had* to remake The Pit in order to get this bundle to sell. Again, piggybacking on the premise of nostalgia like Battle Rifle starts in Halo 4. The Pit was an okay map for Halo 3, because the random BR spread allowed encounters on the highly closed off sections of the map to be more consistent. BR'ing someone from Green Box to Training is going to feel more consistent than BR'ing someone from Snipe 2 to Snipe 2 in Halo 3. The map itself wasn't great, it just suited the mechanics of Halo 3.

Again, they cater to nostalgia to ensure the decent sale of this map pack. This map pack wouldn't stand on Vertigo alone. (pun)

To address the screen lag issues, maps like Solace and Complex all experience varying degrees of frame rate issues, so you're right to that point Moa. We'll have to wait and see once the maps are actually released.

That being said, however, how many rounds does AGL even play on split screen? If they can fashion tournaments and keep them to small enough turnouts altogether, maybe the issue of split screen lag can just be avoided.

So let me get this straight... Your banking on low turn outs at the major halo tournaments?? Ok...

• Downvote (-1) 1

Damn, am I gonna have to buy Halo 4 now?

So how much do I need to spend?

Halo 3: 20

Live: 60

Dlc1: 10

DLC2: 10

DLC3: 10

Correct me if im wrong

So let me get this straight... Your banking on low turn outs at the major halo tournaments?? Ok...

What?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

First, in my very opinion... Pit wasn't an "Okay map". It was one of the best competitive maps that Halo 3 had, and it was one of the maps that I learned how to play competitively good when I started.

Second, is not about nostalgia. Is about what's right and wrong for the Halo's future. You don't simply breastfeed a +10 year old game with random ordnances and armor abilities.

Third, Vertigo looks sicker than Crimson Map Pack, I would def pay $3 for only that map. IMO its worth the try, specially when it can be useful in competitive/casual gametypes.

Fourth, for you and lots of people, 343 is piggybacking "on the premise of nostalgia" for Halo 4... but for most serious, professional and understandable people in the community, they know and they understand that 343 is TRYING to do their best... fixing and improving Halo 4.

What I just said is my opinion, btw.

It's cool and all the Pit is back but do we really need another remake? It's not progressing the game one bit. It's back tracking. To me it's just a "last leg" move. This is why the population is less than 50k. There is nothing new to offer. Don't get me wrong, The Pit is a great map and everyone has had great times with it but its not progressing the game one bit.

Secondly, who really gives a shit about gun and armor skins? Milking it for what it's worth I guess. Can't produce content so we give you armor and gun skins!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree with all of this. 

AGL didn't even have split screen @ the last Knoxville. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1