Sign in to follow this  
Vampire

The Champions Bundle Announced

Today at the Halo 4 Summer Panel at RTX we got a lot of good news coming to Halo 4 this summer. This includes 2 new maps, gamemode, skins, etc. Below is a breakdown of all the information! What do you thinnk of the package? Discuss it on our forums!

The “Halo 4” Champions bundle — the fourth major expansion in the “Halo” Infinity Multiplayer1 experience —launches on Aug. 20 for 800 Microsoft Points2 on Xbox Live1. Developed by 343 Industries in collaboration with Certain Affinity, the Champions Bundle delivers three DLC packs (Steel Skin Pack, Bullseye Pack and Infinity Armor Pack) and bonus content, which includes more than 18 new, in-game items that are exclusive to the bundle for a limited time.

Each of the three DLC packs in the Champions bundle will also be available as standalone purchases on launch day. The Bullseye Pack will be available for 480 MS Points2 and the Infinity Armor Pack and Steel Skin Pack will be available for 240 MS Points2 each. The bonus content is only available for a limited time exclusively through the bundle.

• Releases August 20th, 2013
  • Bullseye Pack is 480 MS Points, Infinity Armor & Steel Skin Pack is 240 MS Points.
  • Bullseye Pack: Two new multiplayer maps, Spartan armor & a new competitive gravball game type called Ricochet
  • Infinity Armor Pack: Set your Spartan up with impressive and legendary new armor
  • Steel Skin Pack: Bring an elaborate steampunk style to your UNSC, Covenant, and Forerunner weapons
  • Mark V and ODST armor skins in the pack.
  • The Pit remake will be named Pitfall.
  • Vertigo is a new map with EMP on the team bases
  • New game-mode called “ Ricochet”. Fight for ball at the start, have to throw and score it in the opponent’s goal.
  • Infinity Armor Pack (Prefect, Mark V, ODST) (Buy individually for 240 mspts)
  • Maps, weapon skins, and armor skins will be sold separately
  • Extra content, including stances, if you buy the bundle.

343 Industries just announced a new map pack which will include a map called "Pitfall" which is an official Pit remake. I, for one, have been DYING for this to happen and am INCREDIBLY excited for it! What are your thoughts on it? 

http://youtu.be/1i0LIsE7Eh8

Here are some screenshots I got from the live stream at http://www.twitch.tv/343industries/new.

Pitfall1.png

Pitfall7.png

Pitfall6.png

Pitfall5.png

Pitfall2.png

Pitfall3.png

Pitfall4.png

• Upvote (+1) 9

Is this part of the season pass or seperate?

This, but seeing as it's not a part of the Season Pass releases (much less adds up to the total price) I can see it being separate. 

Is this part of the season pass or seperate?

They just announced it was seperate

• Upvote (+1) 1

The pit has always been average at best. That being said, It's still a better map then any map on the h4 disc & it looked really nice on the rtx stream.

I'm excited.

Its gonna run way different with sprint thats for sure

It was terrible in reach with sprint, No doubt. Hopefully ghost removes sprint in V5 though or even V6 by the times this is released.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

i want to come back to h4, but the lack of descopes keeps me away. and now i cant even enjoy a good map cause 343 wont take descope or sprint out!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Its gonna run way different with sprint thats for sure

That's definitely a concern I have. I would hope that they would know that, especially with Bravo being the voice of the competitive community at 343, and would scale the map accordingly. 

I like the idea of opening up Sword room a little with that drop down & lift. The inclusion of crate jumps is good too.

But otherwise it's just The Pit for the third game in a row. Not that impressed, especially since we'll presumably have to play it with Sprint and the BR's spread. Oh and CTF without flag juggling to green will be bizarre, removing the ability to choke on that won't feel right.

Oh and snipers will have an absolute field day without descoping on this map.

Overall I'm disappointed - I'd rather have seen something more interesting like Construct or a new design entirely.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This was unexpected and actually pretty cool.  I missed mark v, the pit is always fun for the most part.  

I like the idea of opening up Sword room a little with that drop down & lift. The inclusion of crate jumps is good too.

But otherwise it's just The Pit for the third game in a row. Not that impressed, especially since we'll presumably have to play it with Sprint and the BR's spread. Oh and CTF without flag juggling to green will be bizarre, removing the ability to choke on that won't feel right.

Oh and snipers will have an absolute field day without descoping on this map.

Overall I'm disappointed - I'd rather have seen something more interesting like Construct or a new design entirely.

The idea of opening up Sword and the grav lift is pretty interesting. I'm excited to see how it plays out!

As far as past Pits, I feel that this one will be different since it's an official remake from 343. Not a forged one. 

And yes, I agree with CTF and snipers. Would like to see running flags come back and de-scoping. But I shall stay optimistic as 343 has already shown that they are listening and trying to provide for our demands.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone know price?

Frank said it was going to be $10/800MSP for the entire bundle. That seems like a really good price to me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We definitely need to try Vertigo for v5.  I'm sure we'll have to block the EMP switches, but it honestly looks like it could fit the asym slayer role and replace Abandon if need be.  They also said it would be great for extraction, so that is probably worth testing as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We definitely need to try Vertigo for v5.  I'm sure we'll have to block the EMP switches, but it honestly looks like it could fit the asym slayer role and replace Abandon if need be.  They also said it would be great for extraction, so that is probably worth testing as well.

The map is huge. When I first saw it in the trailer, I instantly thought it was a Zanzibar remake. It turned out to not be as big as Zanzibar but still too big for 4v4 competitive play. Especially as we're trying to push for No Sprint v5. To support this push, Pit has luckily been remade, from my point of view, scaled to Halo 3's Pit so that would work really well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh the map looks huge.. Much bigger than abandon.