Sign in to follow this  
Hard Way

The Aim Settings Thread

Yesterday I spent time trying out 2.5h/3.5v/2a.

It actually felt very nice. I'm still between that and 2.5/2.5/2a, because both have positives and negatives in various situations, and I'm not yet sure which setup's "cons" I'm more okay with.

Yesterday I spent time trying out 2.5h/3.5v/2a.

It actually felt very nice. I'm still between that and 2.5/2.5/2a, because both have positives and negatives in various situations, and I'm not yet sure which setup's "cons" I'm more okay with.

Since our discussion last week, I've been running FFAs and strictly using pistol for precision, and trying to go at least 5 games at a sensitivity setup before I make adjustments, and I've crept it up from the crazy 1.5/0.5 I did the one night, and I'm currently at 2.5/2.0/1.  I might end up bumping up another 0.5 on both, but every time I try it gets just a bit too windmilly for me.  I'm genuinely trying not to peg as much, and keep a looser grip on the controller, but I think I might just keep this for a month, and if I'm still dropping kills because of large vertical differences I'll try and bump it again.

I just can't do the low accel. Maybe because I've played this game for months now without playing any older Halos, but anything lower than 4 just feels terrible for me.

I'm broken. 

I think I've settled on 2.5/2/2. Last night was the first time I've played since the aim settings update, crazy how much of a difference it makes. I have an Elite controller and through the Accessories app (or whatever it is that maps paddles for the Elite) you can adjust the right stick to have a couple different sensitivity curves. I applied one of those and it made the default aiming more tolerable, and the adjusted aiming even better. I can see how people have a crisis with their settings, because you can try something different and it will work great one game, then feel off in another. I'm trying my hardest to pick one as fast as possible and stick with it.

I've settled (so far) on; 1.5/3.5/2 accel/0% dzs.

Haven't played TONES on those settings, but enough ffa to notice a pretty drastic difference in the smoothness of quickly changing targets. Im turning around for those perfect reversals, much easier.

Haven't played TONES on those settings, but enough ffa to notice a pretty drastic difference in the smoothness of quickly changing targets. Im turning around for those perfect reversals, much easier.

Finally someone who understands. Vertical does not need to be higher than horizontal. The aim is so jerky when it's like that.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

is 1.5 your vertical?

• Upvote (+1) 1

is 1.5 your vertical?

Yeah. Tactics, above was right. Think i put them in the wrong order in my first post. im on;

1.5 v / 3.5 h / 2 accel. Going to try 2v/3h somemore when im on later too. I agree with tactics about vertical not necessarily needing to be higher than horizontal.

Yeah. Tactics, above was right. Think i put them in the wrong order in my first post. im on;

1.5 v / 3.5 h / 2 accel. Going to try 2v/3h somemore when im on later too. I agree with tactics about vertical not necessarily needing to be higher than horizontal.

You find it better with a slower vertical?

• Upvote (+1) 1

My question to all the ones who playing with a higher Vertical than Horizontal is this, how many times do you truly find yourself in a situation when have to look up or down super fast?

As of this posting, yes, i find it smoother when changing targets. i am on 2v/3h/2accel atm. played that last night, felt pretty good.

I tried this and it turns out I'm trash because I've had the vertical too high and now I don't miss. Then I tried to shoot with the hydra and aim at the sky and realised 1.5v is really slow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I tried this and it turns out I'm trash because I've had the vertical too high and now I don't miss. Then I tried to shoot with the hydra and aim at the sky and realised 1.5v is really slow.

Yeah, 1.5v is too slow for me. went up to 2v.

2 vertical, 2 accel, i really like. Probably done with those. trying everything from 1.5 - 3.5 horizontal right now. Liking 2h right now. Found 3s too fast for me.

2/2/2/0%/0% feels right atm.

Having a higher vertical sensitivity makes no sense, you play on a widescreen and most maps have only 3 levels of height, most gunbattles you are fighting someone in the same level. Whoever decided to make vertical 2x horizontal the default settings is full ********

If someone thrusts at you with an auto while jumping up close, you're going to wish you had a higher vertical. Anything below 3y feels way too slow for diagonal adjustments up close.

There are objective benefits to having a higher vertical than horizontal. Playing against people with good thrust use will show you that.

If someone thrusts at you with an auto while jumping up close, you're going to wish you had a higher vertical. Anything below 3y feels way too slow for diagonal adjustments.

What im saying is that the ratio h:v should never have the vertical higher than the horizontal . And somehow the default setting in this game had 1h:2v , no wonder aiming fekt like crap. Your argument can be aplied to any low sens player.

Ps: i play on 3/3/3

What im saying is that the ratio h:v should never have the vertical higher than the horizontal . And somehow the default setting in this game had 1h:2v , no wonder aiming fekt like crap. Your argument can be aplied to any low sens player.

Ps: i play on 3/3/3

Yet I just listed a situation where having a higher vert is useful, i.e close up fights involving thrust.

Aiming felt like crap because they flipped the aiming system from older Halo and the sensitivity curves were tuned oddly.

Unless you see like a ridiculous improvement in aiming, like 10-15% on avg, you can't blatantly state that having a higher y than x is useless. Let's not even go into the fact that there's so many variables that could influence your aim.

Yet I just listed a situation where having a higher vert is useful, i.e close up fights involving thrust.

Aiming felt like crap because they flipped the aiming system from older Halo and the sensitivity curves were tuned oddly.

Unless you see like a ridiculous improvement in aiming, like 10-15% on avg, you can't blatantly state that having a higher y than x is useless. Let's not even go into the fact that there's so many variables that could influence your aim.

You stated 1 situation. As opposed to countless others that having a fast vertical play no role.

I bet you that older halos had higher horizontal sens than vertical.

spot on.  This is most noticeable on OG halo 3 imo.  Hop on and try it out.  Horizontal is most definitely faster than vertical!