Sign in to follow this  
Hard Way

The Aim Settings Thread

I honestly just enjoyed it better when I could be like 3 is to slow 5 is to fast okay guess I like 4 the best. No accel, no individual sensitivity. Just simplicity lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's not placebo, 1.5x, 1.5y should mimic 3 sense for old Halo based off of what 343 have said and my quick tests.

To mimic a sensitivity from old Halo just set both values to half that sensitivity, so for 5 sense set it  to 2.5x, 2.5y etc. 

edit:

my confusion was cleared up below 

Haha well now I'm really confused, because you said (?) that H5 was unique in that the standard 3x / 1.5y (for 3 sens) is actually similar to how aiming was in previous Halos, i.e. the values for x/y are different in H5.  Wouldn't setting it to 1.5x/1.5y make the horizontal axis feel extra slow in H5?

I think you might have slightly misread what I was trying to say.

Basically default 3 sense in H5 is actually 1.5x, 3.0y, lowering the vertical value so it's 1.5x, 1.5y emulates 3 sense in older games.

H5 by default has similar horizontal and vertical sensitivities, whereas with older Halos the vertical sensitivity is much lower than the horizontal. For some bizarre reason 343 decided that the best way to represent this was to make the horizontal sensitivity value (as in the number in the settings menu) actually be half the value you select (so if you set the overall sensitivity to 5, the individual values will be 2.5x, 5.0y) however, the actual sensitivities when aiming will be similar.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think you might have slightly misread what I was trying to say.

Basically default 3 sense in H5 is actually 1.5x, 3.0y, lowering the vertical value so it's 1.5x, 1.5y emulates 3 sense in older games.

H5 by default has similar horizontal and vertical sensitivities, whereas with older Halos the vertical sensitivity is much lower than the horizontal. For some bizarre reason 343 decided that the best way to represent this was to make the horizontal sensitivity value (as in the number in the settings menu) actually be half the value you select (so if you set the overall sensitivity to 5, the individual values will be 2.5x, 5.0y) however, the actual sensitivities when aiming will be similar.

Sweet, i actually understood this post lol. So... If i played 4-5 sens in other Halos. I just need to pick 4-5 & even out the X/Y? Sounds simple enough. I messed with even X/Y's a bit the other night. Never really noticed a difference from my default 4sens/2accel. I'll have to play some more real games i guess.

Sweet, i actually understood this post lol. So... If i played 4-5 sens in other Halos. I just need to pick 4-5 & even out the X/Y? Sounds simple enough. I messed with even X/Y's a bit the other night. Never really noticed a difference from my default 4sens/2accel. I'll have to play some more real games i guess.

If you want to pick the 4 of old halos he is saying your x value would be 2 and your Y value would be 2 i think.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you want to pick the 4 of old halos he is saying your x value would be 2 and your Y value would be 2 i think.

That makes no fucking sense. So if you pick 10/10 are you on 20 sensitivity, I don't think so.

That makes no fucking sense. So if you pick 10/10 are you on 20 sensitivity, I don't think so.

I am going off what is said above i know squat in this if someone else can explain it for sure then it would help... Question then if i want 3 sensitivity of the old halos what would my X and Y be.

Personally i would of thought for 3 sens of old halos X would be 3 and Y would be 3.

I am going off what is said above i know squat in this if someone else can explain it for sure then it would help... Question then if i want 3 sensitivity of the old halos what would my X and Y be.

Personally i would of thought for 3 sens of old halos X would be 3 and Y would be 3.

Yes that's what it would be. Not half of that, I don't know what idiot came up with that ridiculous theory.

Yes actually. 10 horizontal is 20 sensitivity lol try it out and then play on what the game calls 10 and you'll see a difference.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Yes actually. 10 horizontal is 20 sensitivity lol try it out and then play on what the game calls 10 and you'll see a difference.

So you are saying to achieve 3 sens of the old halos it would need be 1.5 for both axis

So you are saying to achieve 3 sens of the old halos it would need be 1.5 for both axis

Nonono lol Halo 5 default values =/= old values. When you go over a sense normally you'll see the horizontal and vertical values underneath and those values are the old ones. For example 3 sens is actually 1.5 horizontal and 3 vertical. Those 2 numbers are the old Halo numbers. So to have 3 sens from past games you have to make your horizontal sens 3 (I honestly don't think the vertical numbers are the same as past games though).

I played on 3 sensitivity in every Halo before this one. I can confirm that 1.5x 1.5y with 2 acceleration feels like 3 in the old games.

If you try to get the feeling of 3 sensitivity and make x and y both 3, then it would be like 6 sensitivity in older Halos. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i played 4 sensitivity in halo 2 and 3. In H5, I play 1.5H 1.5V and 1 accel with 0 both deadzones.

I played 4 in every other game too and I slowed down the 1.5x 3y 4 accel. But that's slow as hell man how do you turn or look up and down? 3 vertical is really slow, I can't imagine halving that.

I thought I was confused when they dropped "aim acceleration" and "dead zones" but now it's just laughable

Wish they made it simple and just did sensitivity 1-10

• Upvote (+1) 3

With allllllll the time spent on adding in a million options, wouldn't it have been more effective to just revert the aiming to the way it was in the beta? I mean, all this does is add even more options for people to headcase over AND it doesn't even change the aiming problem. Plus, this is a great way to alienate a ton of younger/more inexperienced players because they have no idea what to do to their sensitivity. When has there ever been this much confusion/outrage about an aiming system? Why is this so complicated? We went from a 1-10 simple system to:

10 default sensitivity options

~20 horizontal options

~20 vertical options

5 accel options

15(?) inner dead zone options

15(?) outer deadzone options

Do the math for the amount of possible combinations. Now compare that to every previous title (10). This is just ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I honestly think many of you are putting way too much time/thought into the whole sens issue. Constantly changing and experimenting with all the settings in an attempt to find that special combo that will magically fix H5's bad aiming is a pointless exercise. 

Trying to make the im feel "more like halo _" is probably one of the dumber things I keep seeing. This is a different game. You need the higher vertical sens in this game. You also need lower horizontal sens because of the input lag and the reduced autoaim.

Constantly changing/fucking with everything is just going to prevent you from adapting to a specific setting. Instead of constantly fiddling with shit just find something that feels good enough and stick with it. You need to let your muscle memory take over and it'll never happen if you keep tinkering. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is what I've changed to and it feels really good for me, I'll be sticking with that.

Nonono lol Halo 5 default values =/= old values. When you go over a sense normally you'll see the horizontal and vertical values underneath and those values are the old ones. For example 3 sens is actually 1.5 horizontal and 3 vertical. Those 2 numbers are the old Halo numbers. So to have 3 sens from past games you have to make your horizontal sens 3 (I honestly don't think the vertical numbers are the same as past games though).

When you say the old halo numbers "For example 3 sens is actually 1.5 horizontal and 3 vertical." Your referring to halo 5 original numbers right?. And to make the sensitivity levels of old games to get 3 sens from halo 3 say it would have to be x = 3 y = 3.

When you say the old halo numbers "For example 3 sens is actually 1.5 horizontal and 3 vertical." Your referring to halo 5 original numbers right?. And to make the sensitivity levels of old games to get 3 sens from halo 3 say it would have to be x = 3 y = 3.

Yup. Although Y seems kinda slow to me honestly. But that could just be because I haven't played classic Halo in a while.

But yes, the individual values for X and Y match the older Halo games, not the numbers under "Look Sensitivity".