Sign in to follow this  
Hard Way

The Aim Settings Thread

From now on, do yourself a gigantic favor and only get Elites from Best Buy.

pay $20 extra. Get 2 year warranty. Hell, my Elite's LB broke (I angrily "dropped" it lmao) within the 90 day and they gave me a new controller and let me keep my warranty.

I bought one for my Master Chief controller. It even covers wear and tear, so I'm gonna go back a year from now and exchange mine for free.

Well, if it's comparable to the bubble bath described above...

on a serious note, it's damned near perfect for me. No matter which direction you aim, it's at the same speed. The 2 acceleration lets you make fine adjustments while not being too much (causing over-correction).

After 343i confirmed, whichever sense you choose, it does not appear as though making your x and y values different is a good thing

when you say 2.5 and 2.5 what sens are you playing on and whats your accel? I'm just used to seeing 3-4, 3-5... Haven't messed with the new horiz or vert that much.

when you say 2.5 and 2.5 what sens are you playing on and whats your accel? I'm just used to seeing 3-4, 3-5... Haven't messed with the new horiz or vert that much.

I always structure the settings as X/Y/Accel if custom or Default_Sense/Accel if not custom.  If you see someone say they play on 3-4 thats probably 3 sense default, 4 acceleration.

I know i'm reviving a dying thread here, but does anybody know how to fix slow-turn on one of these damned controllers without taking the cover off and sanding down the opening for the stick on the side that the slow turn is?  I had to do that back in the 360 days, but would rather not take apart my elite controller...

I know i'm reviving a dying thread here, but does anybody know how to fix slow-turn on one of these damned controllers without taking the cover off and sanding down the opening for the stick on the side that the slow turn is?  I had to do that back in the 360 days, but would rather not take apart my elite controller...

You have to use a larger outer deadzone. Just bump it up by 1 percent until the slow-turn goes away. If you're lucky, the slow-turn will be moderate enough that you don't have to make any modifications to your controller.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah. You don't want to take apart an Elite controller. It's an extra pain in the ass as a result of some of the changes they made to accommodate the paddles (second circuit board connected by a ribbon cable) and the trigger stops. The outer deadzones are your best bet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah i have the outer deadzone set to 4% but not all games have that.  The more i change the deadzones, the more wind-milly my aim gets which is frustrating. Playing the original titanfall is impossible and none of the acceleration curves help appropriately.

I spoke to support (thought the warranty was longer...) and they said that there was "an update coming that would more than likely let me fix it" but that was weeks ago and no update has come out.

Oh well.  This is pretty much the definition of a first world problem haha

What does deadzone actually do?

I'm playing 2/2/2 was doing great but now my aim is feeling a bit sloppy. Might just be a bad few days. I just feel slow reacting to movement.

What does deadzone actually do?

I'm playing 2/2/2 was doing great but now my aim is feeling a bit sloppy. Might just be a bad few days. I just feel slow reacting to movement.

Deadzones are pretty much what they sound like. Areas of the stick's range of motion that don't register movement. Smaller deadzones are pretty much universally better if you don't have slow-turn.

I swear the aiming is directly related to what servers your playing on.

It feels like it. I played campaign a bit ago and was amazed at how much crisper the aiming felt than the mp. It would also explain why 343 refuses to talk about it, since it's probably not an easy fix. Aiming is the last thing that should be latency dependent. 343 please.

I've been playing on 2.5/2.5 sens, 2 acceleration, and 0 dead zones. Probably the best it's gonna feel for me

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was playing today and I had really bad heavy aim, start button didn't do shit, restarted the build and it got marginally better.

A few days ago I got a new controller (Scuf), and since then I've tried every single aim configuration and I still can't find one I feel comfortable with.

Before that, I played 4-3 for a few months, it felt really smooth for a while but then my shot became unstable for some reason.

I've tried 1-5-5, 1.5-5-5, 5-2, 2-2, 3-3, 4-2, 4-3 and 3-2. Didn't like any of them except maybe 4-3.

Am I doing something wrong? I think it might be my deadzones (both of them are 0) or something. I really like how 4-3 feels but some games I'm going +10 positive and then -5 negative because the aim becomes unstable. Maybe it's just the game or something.

i'm using 3h 4v 1acc. I like it. feels as smooth as it will get for me, although it gets sluggish depending on the server. However, i'd rather slow aim sometimes than the windmill slippery squid shit

I know its a bad idea to keep changing your sensitivity, but i have been on 2.5/2.5/X for a while now.  I will change the acceleration depending on how the aiming "feels".  if its sluggish i'll bump it up to 3 or 4, if "slippery squid" (perfect description @@GunRanger lol) i'll put it down to 1.

There is definitely something about the dynamic resolution, or latency or framerate or something that effects the aiming.  We have been arguing this for a while and at this point i am taking it as true since there has not been a denial by 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If anyone has settings that they feel resemble the aiming in H1/H2 please share them here so we can see how they feel.

I did a bunch of testing one day and wrote this:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/13384-the-aim-settings-thread/page-5?do=findComment&comment=765166

Take from it what you will.

Edit: FWIW, after all this bitching and moaning I did in attempting to recreate that old feel, I'm currently playing my best H5 since release by far, and I'm on a default sens of 4 (that is, 2x and 4y) with a 5 acceleration, and a disciplined focus on not pegging the stick unnecessarily.

:lxthul:

I have two accounts that I play Halo on. I put both on 2/2/4 0 deadzones etc

One felt perfect, went on the other one, felt terrible, way to sensitive. Had to take it to sens 1.

A few days ago I got a new controller (Scuf), and since then I've tried every single aim configuration and I still can't find one I feel comfortable with.

Before that, I played 4-3 for a few months, it felt really smooth for a while but then my shot became unstable for some reason.

I've tried 1-5-5, 1.5-5-5, 5-2, 2-2, 3-3, 4-2, 4-3 and 3-2. Didn't like any of them except maybe 4-3.

Am I doing something wrong? I think it might be my deadzones (both of them are 0) or something. I really like how 4-3 feels but some games I'm going +10 positive and then -5 negative because the aim becomes unstable. Maybe it's just the game or something.

Its servers dude, that's why most people can get comfortable with a setting because it constantly changes.

All of this talk about servers being the issue is really just getting on my nerves at this point. I don't want to sound like a dick and tell people they're flat-out wrong, but I've NEVER EVER experienced this issue that people supposedly experience with the server screwing their aim up. And I find it extremely hard to believe, because I've also never once see proof of it on a Twitch stream. Literally, I've probably watched days' worth of streams, and I've not once had a player(Roy, Naded, Ninja, Contra, Frosty, Lethul, Snakebite, etc) be able to explain or illustrate this issue. So, no one can seem to explain it clearly, and I can't notice it by watching their gameplay, nor can I ever notice it in my own gameplay. Seems legit... Definitely not people headcasing like the countless headcases I've already seen by multiple people while reading through this thread... Just saying.   

All of this talk about servers being the issue is really just getting on my nerves at this point. I don't want to sound like a dick and tell people they're flat-out wrong, but I've NEVER EVER experienced this issue that people supposedly experience with the server screwing their aim up. And I find it extremely hard to believe, because I've also never once see proof of it on a Twitch stream. Literally, I've probably watched days' worth of streams, and I've not once had a player(Roy, Naded, Ninja, Contra, Frosty, Lethul, Snakebite, etc) be able to explain or illustrate this issue. So, no one can seem to explain it clearly, and I can't notice it by watching their gameplay, nor can I ever notice it in my own gameplay. Seems legit... Definitely not people headcasing like the countless headcases I've already seen by multiple people while reading through this thread... Just saying.

Some of the pro players you mentioned have talked specifically about this issue. There is something wrong with the aiming that causes it to feel different from game to game. Is it the server? Who knows. But to discredit a ton of people mentioning they experience an issue just because you don't, doesn't really seem fair. Are you saying you've never experienced the aiming feeling different, or are you saying that you don't believe it's the server causing issues?

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=halo+5+aiming+issues&start=0

Nobody can explain it clearly because its inconsistent and we have little means of debugging the issue ourselves. However, there's such a significant amount of anecdotal evidence for its existence from the masses and reputable people (including some of the pros you listed) that its quite difficult to simply debunk as "headcasing". Its clearly a problem that stems from some aspect of the game, but we don't even know where to attribute it, whether its an issue with the servers or the dynamic resolution or a settings issue or if its an FPS problem or an issue with the way the game receives input or some mix of issues, ect.

What are your controller settings btw?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1