Sign in to follow this  
Hunter

Civilization 6 Thread

Civ 6 has been announced to release October 21, 2016 as a PC exclusive!

Features listed on the website:

EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain.

ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.

DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.

COMBINED ARMS: Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units.

ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER: In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session.

A CIV FOR ALL PLAYERS: Civilization VI provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New tutorial systems introduce new players to the underlying concepts so they can easily get started.

Some in game screenshots:

acaf562a555f15a4584f10ffbedc69c7.png

740b1fad6792bc313e7e8a3ea55c717e.png

Lol when I saw those images I thought it was an iPad game. What a shit art style.

I immediately thought of the mobile version of Civ when I saw the screenshots

civ_revolution_2-c463dd1663d62a19.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I immediately thought of the mobile version of Civ when I saw the screenshots

civ_revolution_2-c463dd1663d62a19.jpg

Why'd you show a pic of Civ VI? What does the mobile version look like?

Civs are defined by the complexity and design of the simulation much more than the presentation...but that looks like a mobile game.

A more realistically styled Civ has the potential to look incredible. Maybe there will be a feature tradeoff that explains this direction, but I doubt it.

I'm actually warming up to the graphical style. It looks a bit basic when your civ is small, but as your cities start to spread out you start to get a sense for why they went this direction. It seems much easier to quickly identify the different components of your cities.