EagleBurn

2016 Election Thread

How about u fgts actually w8 for November to roll around

Ya, let's lock this thread on the 2016 elections until after the elections are over.

She is so damaged goods I could beat her in this election.

proxy.jpg?t=HBg-aHR0cDovL2NvbnN0aXR1dGlv

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't really care who wins cause the President isn't as important of a position as everyone makes it out to be

But I honestly pray nobody here ever reproduces and forces your ideologies into your poor innocent child's brain

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't really care who wins cause the President isn't as important of a position as everyone makes it out to be

But I honestly pray nobody here ever reproduces and forces your ideologies into your poor innocent child's brain

yeah but one of the candidates opposes the first amendment, so sometimes it's nice to do your part to make sure that the wonderful country you've benefited from being born in your entire life doesn't let that guy have any decision making authority. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

yeah but one of the candidates opposes the first amendment, so sometimes it's nice to do your part to make sure that the wonderful country you've benefited from being born in your entire life doesn't let that guy have any decision making authority.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/764870785634799617

He's right. Freedom of press is freedom to tell people the news. It isn't the right to intentionally create alternate realities by which to protect criminal behavior.

The main stream media has so lied that it has no longer been a hidden lie. So they have come out of the closet and said to our faces they no longer will tell the truth about trump because they "feel" he is dangerous.

Let that sink in. They are telling you that what they are saying about Trump is no longer founded upon reality.

That is what Trump is addressing. If you can defend the media you are part of what is wrong.

The right to lie is not freedom of the press, it is freedom of speech.

It doesn't matter anyways. Trump will be the next president.

lol Trump complaing about other people making stuff up.

The irony.

um excuse me sir but Obama IS in fact a Muslim, and the Mexicans ARE causing all the crime!

And the other one opposes the 2nd Amendment.

Just sayin...

Not exactly...

She supports some regulation, but definitely doesn't want to abolish it. 

It should be harder to get a gun in this country, and people that defend the second amendment while citing the constitution sound like entitled little brats. I am all for keeping guns around, right to bear arms all that... but to act like the writers of our constitution had anything to do with legalizing high capacity round magazines and assault rifles is naive. 

We just need to make it harder for people to acquire them, they'd still be able to get them, but to make them go through a proper screening process shouldn't be frowned upon. We should all support that! I'm not saying it would have prevented any of the mass shootings in this country, but at least it could possibly make it harder for them to just get the guns a few days prior... 

It should be harder to get a gun in this country, and people that defend the second amendment while citing the constitution sound like entitled little brats. I am all for keeping guns around, right to bear arms all that... but to act like the writers of our constitution had anything to do with legalizing high capacity round magazines and assault rifles is naive. 

We just need to make it harder for people to acquire them, they'd still be able to get them, but to make them go through a proper screening process shouldn't be frowned upon. We should all support that! I'm not saying it would have prevented any of the mass shootings in this country, but at least it could possibly make it harder for them to just get the guns a few days prior... 

lol what the fuck does any of that even mean?

• Upvote (+1) 2

There should be a background check, mental examination, and the gun shop's judgement on whether to sell you the gun or not.

I mean it's really common sense shit.

I don't know how it is in other states, but a background check is required to buy any firearm in Florida. And for handguns you have to wait 3 days to pick it up unless you have a concealed weapons permit.

There should be a background check, mental examination, and the gun shop's judgement on whether to sell you the gun or not.

I mean it's really common sense shit.

Already is background checks and gun shop can deny a sale to anyone.  As for mental examination... that is a bit more complex than just a quick visit with a head shrink but that is one item I'd support if they can prove that they have found a way to properly screen people with a history of mental problems.

I don't know how it is in other states, but a background check is required to buy any firearm in Florida. And for handguns you have to wait 3 days to pick it up unless you have a concealed weapons permit.

But even on those 3 day checks there are "default proceeds" which means the FBI wasn't able to sort through everything within 3 days and they can just sell the gun. This is how Dylan Roof was able to buy the glock. 

Most of the time those happen is when someone should be prohibited from buying a gun because it takes long for the FBI background to be completed. Then you get into retrieval orders and it is a whole mess. 

You also have the huge gun show loophole in a lot of places which is better known as the private sale loophole. Which makes the entire you have to get a background check to get a gun thing a moot point. 

But even on those 3 day checks there are "default proceeds" which means the FBI wasn't able to sort through everything within 3 days and they can just sell the gun. This is how Dylan Roof was able to buy the glock.

Most of the time those happen is when someone should be prohibited from buying a gun because it takes long for the FBI background to be completed. Then you get into retrieval orders and it is a whole mess.

You also have the huge gun show loophole in a lot of places which is better known as the private sale loophole. Which makes the entire you have to get a background check to get a gun thing a moot point.

background checks take like 20 minutes... not 3 days. The 3 day wait is a period of time a person is required to wait to recieve their gun (only required in certain states). It's basically a 'cool-off' period to prevent crimes of passion. Please find one case that is not written on a biased website that says an FFL dealer sold a gun w/o an approved NICS background check. This NEVER happens.

Also, read these stats please, I understand they are older... Ill look for more recent studies. Also, keep in mind violent crime has sognificantly declined since the late 80's / 90's. TLDR: Bad guys don't follow gun laws. Please explain this HUGE gun show loophole to me again?

• In 1985, the Department of Justice reported that only about one in five convicted felons obtained guns through legal channels such as retail stores.5
  • In 1991, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms reported that 37% of armed career criminals obtained firearms from street sales, 34% from criminal acts and associates, 8% from relatives, and only 7% from dealers and 6% from flea markets and gun shows.6
  • More recently, a Bureau of Justice Statistics survey of state prison inmates convicted of firearm crimes found that 79 percent acquired their firearms from “street/illegal sources” or “friends or family.” This includes theft of firearms, black market purchases of stolen firearms, and straw purchases. The survey also found that 12 percent obtained their firearms from firearm dealers (gun stores, pawn shops), while only 1.7 percent obtained firearms from anyone (dealer or non-dealer) at a gun show or flea market.7
  • The FBI’s National Crime Information Center stolen firearm file contained over 2 million reports as of March 1995, and an annual average of 232,400 firearms were stolen between 2005 and 2010.8
  • 46.3% of firearms traced by the BATFE in relation to firearm trafficking investigations originate with straw purchasers.9
  • Upvote (+1) 3

background checks take like 20 minutes... not 3 days. The 3 day wait is a period of time a person is required to wait to recieve their gun (only required in certain states). It's basically a 'cool-off' period to prevent crimes of passion. Please find one case that is not written on a biased website that says an FFL dealer sold a gun w/o an approved NICS background check. This NEVER happens.

Also, read these stats please, I understand they are older... Ill look for more recent studies. Also, keep in mind violent crime has sognificantly declined since the late 80's / 90's. TLDR: Bad guys don't follow gun laws. Please explain this HUGE gun show loophole to me again?

• In 1985, the Department of Justice reported that only about one in five convicted felons obtained guns through legal channels such as retail stores.5
  • In 1991, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms reported that 37% of armed career criminals obtained firearms from street sales, 34% from criminal acts and associates, 8% from relatives, and only 7% from dealers and 6% from flea markets and gun shows.6
  • More recently, a Bureau of Justice Statistics survey of state prison inmates convicted of firearm crimes found that 79 percent acquired their firearms from “street/illegal sources” or “friends or family.” This includes theft of firearms, black market purchases of stolen firearms, and straw purchases. The survey also found that 12 percent obtained their firearms from firearm dealers (gun stores, pawn shops), while only 1.7 percent obtained firearms from anyone (dealer or non-dealer) at a gun show or flea market.7
  • The FBI’s National Crime Information Center stolen firearm file contained over 2 million reports as of March 1995, and an annual average of 232,400 firearms were stolen between 2005 and 2010.8
  • 46.3% of firearms traced by the BATFE in relation to firearm trafficking investigations originate with straw purchasers.9

It literally happened with Dylan Roof like I stated in the post that you read. Sometimes background checks get held up. Especially when there are actual crimes that you have to look into. Happens constantly in the staffing business with DHS background checks on caregivers if they have something come up. Especially if things ave been expunged or downgraded over time. You can research Default Proceeds if you'd like. 

You posted statistics that prove that there is a statistical significance to the amount of criminals getting their guns through legal acquisitions. LOL thanks. 

You won't find any good recent numbers because the NRA has shit down the throat of an research by CDC and big organizations which we've discussed quite a bit. Would like that to be the first thing they do moving forward if they are going to regulate anything. 

Didn't know that about the Dylan Roof case.  just read up on it so thanks for bringing it up.  I thought he passed his check and got his gun after the 3 day wait... then after they figured out he got a felony like a few days before, it was already too late.  Sounds like they fucked up his paperwork when filing the felony.  Also, it looks like the ATF is notified and would normally retrieve the gun from the bad sale but obviously in this case, it was again too late.  I'd like to see some numbers on how often that happens.  

Also, you can interprete those stats however you want.  To me, they say a very small % obtains their guns legally and keep in mind, those stats were before the NICS background.  https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/about-us/cjis/nics/reports/2013-operations-report

and yes, solid research won't happen until they get their universal BG check in order...  and obviously the NRA opposes it for various reasons. mainly:

"Background checks don’t necessarily stop criminals from getting firearms. Federal studies have repeatedly found that persons imprisoned for firearm crimes get their firearms mostly through theft, the black market, or family members or friends. Less than one percent get guns at gun shows. (Bureau of Justice Statistics)"

"From the early days of our nation and state, colleges have been treated as sanctuaries of learning where firearms have not been allowed," Deal said in a statement when he struck down the [Georgia] campus carry bill and approved the stun gun bill. "To depart from such time-honored protections should require overwhelming justification."

I can only imagine that by "protection" he means condoms...

@@amo819, you may have been too young to remember, but when Bill Clinton was in office, his attorney general, Janet Reno - I take full responsibility for gassing those Waco children with cyanide gas, went on tour around the country to talk with law enforcement officials (local police chiefs and county sherrifs) and would tell them how they would cooperate with the federal government when the president declared martial law across the nation. Many of them would walk out of those meetings in dismay as to how arrogant Janet Reno was. I can assure you that if Hillary Clinton could, she wouldn't hesitate to disarm the populace.

@@Cypress, I was just as confused... And thank you for presenting some stats that demonstrate the sheer disconnect between reality and the liberal gun grabbers' claims. Even if @@amo819 wants to nit pick at what your stats say or don't say exactly, it is clear that gun control isn't the answer for safety.

@@legendaryshotz, who decides what mental examination should be used? The feds?

There is a reason the second amendment is in the constitution. The second amendment doesn't give you the right to own a gun. You already have that right. (America is simply the only government that recognizes human natural rights). The second amendment PREVENTS the government from TAKING that right away from you. If you don't understand this, then I suggest you go back and read the text.

Make no mistake about the purpose of the second amendment. It was there to prevent the disarming of the citizens. An armed citizenry exists for any number of purposes, but the most important was to defend ourselves from our government officials.

America stands at a point in history, I won't call it a cross roads, but the edge of a cliff. When Kennedy was President, he explained this very simple issue, and everyone understood how correct he was. When Trump says something that can simply be interpreted as an armed citizenry defending their natural rights, the media loses their minds.

More on "since Kennedy" to come...

Donald Trump will be the nominee of two parties in California this November. For anyone wondering if Trump is conservative enough for the GOP, consider that the ultra-conservative American Independent Party has chosen Trump to be their standard-bearer - all at their doing, Trump has nothing to do with it. They claim his positions are extremely important, in particular building the wall and preventing illegal immigrants from invading our country.

What do you actually think this is?