EagleBurn

2016 Election Thread

This thread is literal cancer, why does it exist again? So people can hate each other? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So black people as a group just conspired to report things differently than whites, hispanics, etc.

Alright.

It's almost like it's based on poverty and not race, or something...

A voluntary report of anecdotes from a few thousand people vs actual census statistics. Surely you know the difference.

I agree that poverty is the main contributing factor to crime, and more blacks live in poverty. However the lack of a father also contributes to poverty, as poverty rates are highest amonst single parents. Its factual that blacks are more likely to live in single parent households without fathers.Therefor Its a father issue first and foremost. Its not a racial issue, its a cultural issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

should just rename this thread to "I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG"

• Upvote (+1) 3

A voluntary report of anecdotes from a few thousand people vs actual census statistics. Surely you know the difference.

I just told you the difference.

I agree that poverty is the main contributing factor to crime, and more blacks live in poverty. However the lack of a father also contributes to poverty, as poverty rates are highest amonst single parents. Its factual that blacks are more likely to live in single parent households without fathers.Therefor Its a father issue first and foremost. Its not a racial issue, its a cultural issue.

You think crime is a result of poverty, but not absent parents?

Convenient.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just told you the difference.

You think crime is a result of poverty, but not absent parents?

Convenient.

I think its a combination of poverty and absent parents.

I think its a combination of poverty and absent parents.

And yet as I just posted, black fathers that are not necessarily living in poverty are just as present as those of other races (or monolithically think that falsely reporting that they're good fathers is more important, as you seem to be implying).

That leaves poverty as the cause of absentee fathers. Being a deadbeat dad is not a "cultural feature" of being black, and don't be so incredibly racist to assert that it is.

EDIT: For reference, let's look at the percentage of births to unmarried couples by income:

• Less than $10K - 68.9
  • 10K to 15K - 61.1
  • 15K to 25K - 52.8
  • 25K to 35K - 46.5
  • 35K to 50K - 39.4
  • 50K to 75K - 29.6
  • 75K to 100K - 22.1
  • 100K to 150K 18.3
  • 150K to 200K - 13.8
  • 200K and above - 9.0
Wow, look at that, a direct correlation.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

And yet as I just posted, black fathers that are not necessarily living in poverty are just as present as those of other races (or monolithically think that falsely reporting that they're good fathers is more important, as you seem to be implying).

That leaves poverty as the cause of absentee fathers. Being a deadbeat dad is not a "cultural feature" of being black, and don't be so incredibly racist to assert that it is.

You keep going back to that study of 10k voluntarily interviewed parents. It doesn't match the census bureau statistics. I don't think the study you linked is worth shit, so why do you keep using it as the bases of your argument?

If there is a much hire percentage of black single parents than white, how is that NOT a cultural breakdown within the black community? Or do you want to link more anecdotal voluntary studies while ignore actual census bureau statistics?

I don't think we are getting anywhere. I respect your view. I think you bring up great points.

You keep going back to that study of 10k voluntarily interviewed parents. It doesn't match the census bureau statistics. I don't think the study you linked is worth shit, so why do you keep using it as the bases of your argument?

Maybe because it's not measuring the same thing as the census bureau statistics. I don't know maybe that's important or something.

If there is a much hire percentage of black single parents than white, how is that NOT a cultural breakdown within the black community?

Because nobody in the fucking black community is going to list being poor as part of their cultural identity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe because it's not measuring the same thing as the census bureau statistics. I don't know maybe that's important or something.

Because nobody in the fucking black community is going to list being poor as part of their cultural identity.

So what is the reason that there are significantly more single black families than white? And tell me how it doesn't contribute to crime and poverty.

So what is the reason that there are significantly more single black families than white? And tell me how it doesn't contribute to crime and poverty.

...Because they're poor.

The hispanic population also has a very high incidence of single parenthood compared to whites in the U.S. Not as high as blacks, but still significantly higher. Then you have Asians, which have a higher average household income than whites, and...oh what do you know, they have a SMALLER percentage of single parenthood than white people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

...Because they're poor.

The hispanic population also has a very high incidence of single parenthood compared to whites in the U.S. Not as high as blacks, but still significantly higher. Then you have Asians, which have a higher average household income than whites, and...oh what do you know, they have a SMALLER percentage of single parenthood than white people.

So because they are poor the dad isn't around?

So this has become a chicken and egg argument. Would they be poor if there was responsibility on the part of the man to provide? Or do they refuse a partnership because being a single mother affords more benefits? Either way this is a cultural issue, which is my point. There is a culture of violence, poverty, and parental irresponsibility that happens to represent a larger portion of blacks than other races. That doesn't make it a racial issue. You keep saying poverty, however poverty isn't a stamp you're born with anymore. Its the result of your parents decisions. And those decisions are shaped by the cultures they conform to.

I appreciate all your replies.

What is absolutely undeniable is that the DNC PR has absolutely no earthly idea how to capitalize on its opponents' flubs.

So because they are poor the dad isn't around?

So this has become a chicken and egg argument. Would they be poor if there was responsibility on the part of the man to provide? Or do they refuse a partnership because being a single mother affords more benefits. Either way this is a cultural issue, which is my point. There is a culture of violence, poverty, and parental irresponsibility that happens to represent a larger portion of blacks than other races. That doesn't make it a racial issue.

It's not a chicken-and-egg situation, because the cause is historically obvious. What it is, is a vicious circle.

If it becomes a cultural issue, then it is not just a culture issue with black people, but with all of America that allows this shit to continue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not a chicken-and-egg situation, because the cause is historically obvious. What it is, is a vicious circle.

If it becomes a cultural issue, then it is not just a culture issue with black people, but with all of America that allows this shit to continue.

In my opinion, the black community is being culturally brainwashed into a life of poverty and crime.

I think you made great points and I enjoyed reading your replies.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is absolutely undeniable is that the DNC PR has absolutely no earthly idea how to capitalize on its opponents' flubs.

You know what's worst than that? Running an illegal campaign.

Is it even a music channel anymore? I miss the days of just music videos.

Reality television lol

You know what's worst than that? Running an illegal campaign.

Dude. I don't care.

I mean I do care, but Hillary getting into the White House does not vindicate some pervasive, festering, hypocritical, bigoted awfulness about the general American psyche. "All it means" is that we still don't give a shit to know enough about politics to have an informed vote, and that's been true for decades. It's also why this election isn't Gary Johnson versus Bernie Sanders. 

It's the difference between malevolent intentions and laziness. At least with laziness, you're just procrastinating going in a direction, you aren't driving 100 mph down the worst possible road. You do not have to throw the baby out with the bathwater to cure some existential tribal angst that isn't even based in reality.

I am far more concerned about the ease with which the American public is able to be gleefully swept up in a trigger-happy crusade against "the bad guy over there" than I am that a politician did something bad. All politicians are bad. Trump just airs his badness out in the open, and this is what passes for being an upstanding person. Hillary Clinton had some emails on a server, Trump wants to ban all Muslims from entering the country. Hillary Clinton was one of dozens and dozens of cogs in the Benghazi affair, Trump calls immigrants rapists and murders. Let's remember that Trump hasn't had the opportunity to fuck up while in power yet. You think he'd go through a Presidential term squeaky clean? Or is it okay if he just does a bunch of terrible things but owns up to them and grins? 

Hillary Clinton as President is not scary to me. The American populace voting for Trump's ideals is fucking terrifying. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dude. I don't care.

I mean I do care, but Hillary getting into the White House does not vindicate some pervasive, festering, hypocritical, bigoted awfulness about the general American psyche. "All it means" is that we still don't give a shit to know enough about politics to have an informed vote, and that's been true for decades. It's also why this election isn't Gary Johnson versus Bernie Sanders. 

It's the difference between malevolent intentions and laziness. At least with laziness, you're just procrastinating going in a direction, you aren't driving 100 mph down the worst possible road. You do not have to throw the baby out with the bathwater to cure some existential tribal angst that isn't even based in reality.

I am far more concerned about the ease with which the American public is able to be gleefully swept up in a trigger-happy crusade against "the bad guy over there" than I am that a politician did something bad. All politicians are bad. Trump just airs his badness out in the open, and this is what passes for being an upstanding person. Hillary Clinton had some emails on a server, Trump wants to ban all Muslims from entering the country. Hillary Clinton was one of dozens and dozens of cogs in the Benghazi affair, Trump calls immigrants rapists and murders. Let's remember that Trump hasn't had the opportunity to fuck up while in power yet. You think he'd go through a Presidential term squeaky clean? Or is it okay if he just does a bunch of terrible things but owns up to them and grins? 

Hillary Clinton as President is not scary to me. The American populace voting for Trump's ideals is fucking terrifying.

Again, that's your opinion. But you know what, he's running his campaign legally. And that enough, persuades people. I don't know what it is, that's just important to some. If you don't care about Clinton running an illegal campaign, that's okay.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1