EagleBurn

2016 Election Thread

Due to the DNC email leaks, Debbie Schultz is resigning and Hillary Clinton has hired her as an honorary campaign chair. Not only have the leaks shown that the Democrat party was conspirating against Sanders and was planning to use his Jewish heritage as means of attack if he got too many delegates, but the leaks have also shown that the Clinton campaign plans to reward their largest doners with political positions and thanks to our beautiful lawmakers, this is very illegal (Chapter 29, Title 18).

Clinton has done this before by putting Rajiv Fernando on the Nuclear Intelligence Advisory Board after donating largely to the Clinton 2008 campaign despite zero qualifications for the job. He resigned promptly after people started asking him the wrong questions and board members have gone on record saying "we have no idea who he was".

The Patriotic Wikileaks has no breaks!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has there ever been such a lack in unification for both major political parties in an election before? This election has the most absurd, grotesque satire of the American political system

• Upvote (+1) 3

Things like this make me think maybe Trump isn't a moron. Maybe he is doing it all on purpose because the voters are morons.

I keep hearing Trump will make a terrible president. I'm not convinced. I don't think he personally can solve anything. However good leaders know how to find an exploit people that do know how to get things done. I think 99% of what he says is just rhetoric to get votes. I really want to see what a Trump presidency would look like. It would be more interesting than a Hillary presidency,to say the least.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holy shit he did something nice. Give him the keys to the world

I'd rather neither but for some reason the worst people for the job are somehow getting it. Maybe we will get a 3rd party win for once.

Unfortunately, I don't think a third party will win in our lifetime. 

I'm voting Trump. So tired of the hand-outs wanted from the Libs. Hillary Rotten Clinton reminds me of my office culture...nothing but a bunch of sleaze-fest people stabbing people in the back to make their way to the top.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can't vote, but even if I could I don't think I could muster up the ability to vote for either of them. There is nothing appealing about either side. They're both getting almost all their votes from spite of the other. A few more months before this country completely gets flushed down the terrlit. It'll be funny in a nihilistic way for a minute but then reality will set in and it'll get super depressing...

I'm voting Trump. So tired of the hand-outs wanted from the Libs. Hillary Rotten Clinton reminds me of my office culture...nothing but a bunch of sleaze-fest people stabbing people in the back to make their way to the top.

Yes because hating Liberals is totally a smart decision to vote for Trump with. But fuck it. If Trump fails you should at least have Pence as your VP. Cause you know, either of those is SOOOO smart.

Too bad Kaine wasn't the Democratic nominee.  I could almost see myself voting for him.

I'd back Jim Webb any day of the week, too.

Has there ever been such a lack in unification for both major political parties in an election before? This election has the most absurd, grotesque satire of the American political system

The only reason Trump has a chance is because Clinton is seen as a crook. The only reason Clinton has a chance is because Trump is a fucking moron.

Serious does anyone actually like what Trump has to say or is it just because they are tired of the same old same old

This was basically Donald Trump's speech

Chuck Norris is a disgrace to my already disgraceful state. He's on loan to Texas for Walker Texas Ranger

Manufacturing has become cheap because technology has made manufacturing cheap. If you want someone to blame, then blame robots. 

There is absolutely no possible way to employ someone to assemble an iPhone and pay them a wage that will keep them at the standard of living (read: materialistic bullshit) that middle class American citizens expect. It's NOT...POSSIBLE. Instituting tariffs is basically synonymous with economic isolationism, which doesn't work for a multitude of reasons that I'm sure you're familiar with...

This is how the global cycle of business works. One nation sees its standard of living elevate, then businesses move the cheap labor elsewhere.

Where do you think cheap labor is going to go once India and China unionize and see the majority of their citizens achieve middle class living? Africa. Tariffs have nothing to do with it; as long as people want to buy cheap, frivolous shit with no regard for where it came from, then the free market will continue to be a race to the bottom. 

lol, oh boy...yet another "we have to save the economy" soundbyte that comes from the mystical land of whereverthefuck

First of all...I'm not sure how Obama destroyed the American economy after tackling one of our biggest recessions in history and reducing the deficit by two-thirds. Sure, government spending is projected to increase in the future, but don't lay that at Obama's feet like it's his fault. He has done the absolute best that a person could've expected in 8 years, short of holding Congress hostage at gunpoint and assassinating all government lobbyists. 

Secondly...let me tell you a little secret about this election cycle and the voter base of this country. A lot of people who are going to vote for Hillary this fall - not all, but a lot - are going to do so under protest. I'm going to go ahead and say that this is not the case for Trump, whose fanbase is genuinely elated with his policies and rhetoric, like you seem to be. 

What I'm saying is that just because I absolutely hate Trump doesn't mean I like Hillary Clinton. But I do happen to believe that some of our country's woes (like gee I don't know maybe fucking terrorism due to oil meddling, or Mexican crime due to the war on drugs) are due to our jingoistic, imperial, money-grubbing behavior in a region already so unstable. And hiring a world-class fuccboi like Trump to represent us is only going to broadcast to the entire planet that we are a bunch of needledicks who are taking our ball and going home. 

But nah, we can just out-gun people who thrive due to propaganda. Yeah that's definitely how it works. 

Are you out of your fucking mind? 

You think that Trump is an agent of change? Trump comes from the same elitist upper crust never-worked-a-day-in-his-life Skull & Bones country club that all of Washington were spawned out of. Oh sure, maybe he didn't tee off on the same golf course that they did, but he lives in that same divorced-from-reality commune that continuously drives a wedge between politicians and the people. DONALD TRUMP IS THE ESTABLISHMENT.

Get your head out of your ass. Trump doesn't care about foreign policy, he doesn't care about the economy, he doesn't care about border control, he doesn't care about terrorism. The only thing Donald Trump cares about is Donald Trump; the Presidential race is nothing but a giant advertising slot for him, the world's biggest reality show, a chance to stamp his name on yet another vacuous business opportunity that contributes nothing of substance to the general economic landscape (which he has made a living doing). 

If technology has made manufacturing cheaper, then why do these huge corporations keep donating millions to crooked politicians to create free trade agreements? Why do they keep outsourcing American jobs? Was America considered an economic isolationist before the terrible free trade agreements like NAFTA were created? I don't think so, so why would we be considered that if Trump becomes president?

Oh yeah, economy is doing great. How many are on food stamps? How many are living in poverty? How many have given up and left the work force? Oh yeah, record numbers. Household income is down like $4000 a year since 2000 while inflation has sky rocketed.

Obama didn't reduce anything. In fact, he has doubled the national deficit, from $10 trillion to $20 trillion. He is the pinnacle of an "all talk, no action" politician. He might be the worst president of all time. He passes free trade agreements and tries to sell to the American people that they will create new jobs for Americans...what a bunch of bullshit. He has not done one thing that has helped this country.

Trump is the only hope for change. If we get 8 years of Hillary, we will be over $30 trillion in debt or our dollar will be deemed worthless and we'll either turn into a 3rd world country or we are going be starting World War III. She is a bought and paid for crooked politician, a liar, a fake, and a total fraud. She belongs in prison. If we get her as president, we are truly fucked as she wants to continue Obama's piece of shit legacy which is unsustainable and will lead to oblivion for this country.

At least Trump comes across as authentic and passionate about wanting to "make America great again." He doesn't have to do this. He could continue making millions doing his shows. He's not doing this for himself, he's doing this for our country....and I do truly believe that. Just look back at the video with Oprah from 1988 and you can see his passion even then, about fixing our country. And our country is doing far worse now than in 1988. The guy is just awesome and I have never been anywhere close to as excited as I am for Trump. You can think what you want about him, but it's clear to me you haven't listened to him talk much and have written him off because you're a bleeding heart liberal.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If technology has made manufacturing cheaper, then why do these huge corporations keep donating millions to crooked politicians to create free trade agreements? Why do they keep outsourcing American jobs? Was America considered an economic isolationist before the terrible free trade agreements like NAFTA were created? I don't think so, so why would we be considered that if Trump becomes president?

For the final time, the American standard of living is not going to change one iota if you decide to impose gigantic tariffs on imported goods. For one thing, this will just lead to a huge smuggling market comparable to what the situation is with drugs in this country right now. Second, as I've repeatedly said, manufacturing jobs got shipped overseas not because of trade agreements, but because they have become unskilled labor.

Oh yeah, economy is doing great. How many are on food stamps? How many are living in poverty? How many have given up and left the work force? Oh yeah, record numbers. Household income is down like $4000 a year since 2000 while inflation has sky rocketed.

Obama didn't reduce anything. In fact, he has doubled the national deficit, from $10 trillion to $20 trillion. He is the pinnacle of an "all talk, no action" politician. He might be the worst president of all time. He passes free trade agreements and tries to sell to the American people that they will create new jobs for Americans...what a bunch of bullshit. He has not done one thing that has helped this country.

Literally everything in this quotebox is untrue.

Trump is the only hope for change. If we get 8 years of Hillary, we will be over $30 trillion in debt or our dollar will be deemed worthless and we'll either turn into a 3rd world country or we are going be starting World War III. She is a bought and paid for crooked politician, a liar, a fake, and a total fraud. She belongs in prison. If we get her as president, we are truly fucked as she wants to continue Obama's piece of shit legacy which is unsustainable and will lead to oblivion for this country.

At least Trump comes across as authentic and passionate about wanting to "make America great again." He doesn't have to do this. He could continue making millions doing his shows. He's not doing this for himself, he's doing this for our country....and I do truly believe that. Just look back at the video with Oprah from 1988 and you can see his passion even then, about fixing our country. And our country is doing far worse now than in 1988. The guy is just awesome and I have never been anywhere close to as excited as I am for Trump. You can think what you want about him, but it's clear to me you haven't listened to him talk much and have written him off because you're a bleeding heart liberal.

Trump is authentically passionate about being a fuckass, and the link I posted before proves it. 

Here's the real reality of what's going to happen in the next four years due to the Presidency - nothing. Absolutely nothing. Hillary and Trump are both going to get jack shit done in office. The only difference is that electing Trump is going to do all kinds of damage to our political standing on the global stage. 

As it turns out, flipping the bird to the rest of the world and pretending like we don't need anybody is a moronic idea. 

• Upvote (+1) 3