EagleBurn

2016 Election Thread

Uh, the American standard of living was created during a time of very, very little manufacturing competition, especially in one particular industry that was globally unique. Technology has made manufacturing incredibly cheap and basic. America will never again have that kind of lucrative economy unless it manages to attain a stranglehold on some kind of brand new, globally in-demand, high-skill technology. Let's remember that America is a HUGE country, we cannot be a small nation of skilled laborers that exclusively export high-quality goods.

And maybe you'll shell out for real wood furniture, but nobody else will. And will you pay over $1,000 for a smart phone of no higher quality than you see today?

You literally think the cause of our service-sector economy is...tariffs?

Manufacturing has become incredibly cheap thanks to crooked politicians passing free trade laws which enables the corporations who donated millions to said crooked politicians to be able to outsource American jobs. This makes manufacturing cheap because they are paying foreign workers a fraction of what they once paid Americans to build. If the tariffs were still in place, there would be no incentive to outsource jobs.

Crooked politicians have destroyed this country for the past 30 years or so. Allowing millions of uneducated, unskilled illegal immigrants and allowing millions of jobs to go overseas through free trade agreements have been a 1-2 knockout punch for this country. Free trade, illegal immigration, and the Iraq/Afghanistan wars are the main reasons we are sitting at a 19.4 trillion dollar deficit.

Crooked Hillary is a bought and paid for politician just like Obama, GW Bush, Bill Clinton, and GH Bush. She has already stated that she wants to continue Obama's "legacy". That means more illegals, more outsourced jobs, and a lot more debt. After 8 years of Hillary, our deficit will be over 30 trillion or we'll hit the breaking point before that and this country will be bankrupt with chaos breaking out everywhere. She is a liar, fraud, and a puppet for lobbyists and special interests.

The reason I am voting for Trump is that with him there is hope of real positive change happening in this country. He talks about solving the real issues our country faces: illegal immigration, free trade, and the 20 trillion national deficit. I've heard him say in interviews that at 24 trillion, we become Greece. Not sure if that is true, but that is a scary thought and it seems plausible. I know there has to be a breaking point and 24 trillion could really be it. Anyways, our country's current path is absolutely unsustainable and real change needs to happen, otherwise our country is fucked.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bro you live in a blue state, your vote doesn't mean shit. Hillary already won your state.

The reason I am voting for Trump is that with him there is hope of real positive change happening in this country. He talks about solving the real issues our country faces: illegal immigration, free trade, and the 20 trillion national deficit. I've heard him say in interviews that at 24 trillion, we become Greece. Not sure if that is true, but that is a scary thought and it seems plausible. I know there has to be a breaking point and 24 trillion could really be it. Anyways, our country's current path is absolutely unsustainable and real change needs to happen, otherwise our country is fucked.

You guys have a MASSIVELY higher GDP than Greece. Look at the two countries and compare debt as a percentage of GDP. Not even close to being in the same situation.

But hey, Trump lying to scare people into voting for him shouldn't surprise any of us by now.

The debt is not a big issue at all. Wish politicians would stop using it as a scare tactic. The majority of debt is our own. Government debt is nothing like personal debt, its silly to use it to scare people.

Because I believe marriage should be between a man and a woman. I am a Christian and it goes against my beliefs. However, were all sinners in the eyes of God so its not my place to judge.

If you cannot accept that, then that makes you intolerant/bigoted.

I am a Christian that is for Gay marriage. Social oppression is tyranny.

Manufacturing has become incredibly cheap thanks to crooked politicians passing free trade laws which enables the corporations who donated millions to said crooked politicians to be able to outsource American jobs. This makes manufacturing cheap because they are paying foreign workers a fraction of what they once paid Americans to build. If the tariffs were still in place, there would be no incentive to outsource jobs.

Crooked politicians have destroyed this country for the past 30 years or so. Allowing millions of uneducated, unskilled illegal immigrants and allowing millions of jobs to go overseas through free trade agreements have been a 1-2 knockout punch for this country. Free trade, illegal immigration, and the Iraq/Afghanistan wars are the main reasons we are sitting at a 19.4 trillion dollar deficit.

Crooked Hillary is a bought and paid for politician just like Obama, GW Bush, Bill Clinton, and GH Bush. She has already stated that she wants to continue Obama's "legacy". That means more illegals, more outsourced jobs, and a lot more debt. After 8 years of Hillary, our deficit will be over 30 trillion or we'll hit the breaking point before that and this country will be bankrupt with chaos breaking out everywhere. She is a liar, fraud, and a puppet for lobbyists and special interests.

Businesses would still outsource. America has the highest corporate taxes in the world. The incentive to move HQ is to lower taxes more than anything. There shouldn't even be corporate or payroll taxes, because individuals pay taxes. I know small business owners and payroll taxes are a bitch. The shitty tax system is more motivation to outsource than wages IMO.

Manufacturing has become incredibly cheap thanks to crooked politicians passing free trade laws which enables the corporations who donated millions to said crooked politicians to be able to outsource American jobs. This makes manufacturing cheap because they are paying foreign workers a fraction of what they once paid Americans to build. If the tariffs were still in place, there would be no incentive to outsource jobs.

Manufacturing has become cheap because technology has made manufacturing cheap. If you want someone to blame, then blame robots. 

There is absolutely no possible way to employ someone to assemble an iPhone and pay them a wage that will keep them at the standard of living (read: materialistic bullshit) that middle class American citizens expect. It's NOT...POSSIBLE. Instituting tariffs is basically synonymous with economic isolationism, which doesn't work for a multitude of reasons that I'm sure you're familiar with...

This is how the global cycle of business works. One nation sees its standard of living elevate, then businesses move the cheap labor elsewhere.

Where do you think cheap labor is going to go once India and China unionize and see the majority of their citizens achieve middle class living? Africa. Tariffs have nothing to do with it; as long as people want to buy cheap, frivolous shit with no regard for where it came from, then the free market will continue to be a race to the bottom. 

lol, oh boy...yet another "we have to save the economy" soundbyte that comes from the mystical land of whereverthefuck

First of all...I'm not sure how Obama destroyed the American economy after tackling one of our biggest recessions in history and reducing the deficit by two-thirds. Sure, government spending is projected to increase in the future, but don't lay that at Obama's feet like it's his fault. He has done the absolute best that a person could've expected in 8 years, short of holding Congress hostage at gunpoint and assassinating all government lobbyists. 

Secondly...let me tell you a little secret about this election cycle and the voter base of this country. A lot of people who are going to vote for Hillary this fall - not all, but a lot - are going to do so under protest. I'm going to go ahead and say that this is not the case for Trump, whose fanbase is genuinely elated with his policies and rhetoric, like you seem to be. 

What I'm saying is that just because I absolutely hate Trump doesn't mean I like Hillary Clinton. But I do happen to believe that some of our country's woes (like gee I don't know maybe fucking terrorism due to oil meddling, or Mexican crime due to the war on drugs) are due to our jingoistic, imperial, money-grubbing behavior in a region already so unstable. And hiring a world-class fuccboi like Trump to represent us is only going to broadcast to the entire planet that we are a bunch of needledicks who are taking our ball and going home. 

But nah, we can just out-gun people who thrive due to propaganda. Yeah that's definitely how it works. 

Are you out of your fucking mind? 

You think that Trump is an agent of change? Trump comes from the same elitist upper crust never-worked-a-day-in-his-life Skull & Bones country club that all of Washington were spawned out of. Oh sure, maybe he didn't tee off on the same golf course that they did, but he lives in that same divorced-from-reality commune that continuously drives a wedge between politicians and the people. DONALD TRUMP IS THE ESTABLISHMENT.

Get your head out of your ass. Trump doesn't care about foreign policy, he doesn't care about the economy, he doesn't care about border control, he doesn't care about terrorism. The only thing Donald Trump cares about is Donald Trump; the Presidential race is nothing but a giant advertising slot for him, the world's biggest reality show, a chance to stamp his name on yet another vacuous business opportunity that contributes nothing of substance to the general economic landscape (which he has made a living doing). 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Trump does a lot of talking but never does any explaining.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Manufacturing has become cheap because technology has made manufacturing cheap. If you want someone to blame, then blame robots. 

There is absolutely no possible way to employ someone to assemble an iPhone and pay them a wage that will keep them at the standard of living (read: materialistic bullshit) that middle class American citizens expect. It's NOT...POSSIBLE. Instituting tariffs is basically synonymous with economic isolationism, which doesn't work for a multitude of reasons that I'm sure you're familiar with...

This is how the global cycle of business works. One nation sees its standard of living elevate, then businesses move the cheap labor elsewhere.

Where do you think cheap labor is going to go once India and China unionize and see the majority of their citizens achieve middle class living? Africa. Tariffs have nothing to do with it; as long as people want to buy cheap, frivolous shit with no regard for where it came from, then the free market will continue to be a race to the bottom. 

lol, oh boy...yet another "we have to save the economy" soundbyte that comes from the mystical land of whereverthefuck

First of all...I'm not sure how Obama destroyed the American economy after tackling one of our biggest recessions in history and reducing the deficit by two-thirds. Sure, government spending is projected to increase in the future, but don't lay that at Obama's feet like it's his fault. He has done the absolute best that a person could've expected in 8 years, short of holding Congress hostage at gunpoint and assassinating all government lobbyists. 

Secondly...let me tell you a little secret about this election cycle and the voter base of this country. A lot of people who are going to vote for Hillary this fall - not all, but a lot - are going to do so under protest. I'm going to go ahead and say that this is not the case for Trump, whose fanbase is genuinely elated with his policies and rhetoric, like you seem to be. 

What I'm saying is that just because I absolutely hate Trump doesn't mean I like Hillary Clinton. But I do happen to believe that some of our country's woes (like gee I don't know maybe fucking terrorism due to oil meddling, or Mexican crime due to the war on drugs) are due to our jingoistic, imperial, money-grubbing behavior in a region already so unstable. And hiring a world-class fuccboi like Trump to represent us is only going to broadcast to the entire planet that we are a bunch of needledicks who are taking our ball and going home. 

But nah, we can just out-gun people who thrive due to propaganda. Yeah that's definitely how it works. 

You think that Trump is an agent of change? Trump comes from the same elitist upper crust never-worked-a-day-in-his-life Skull & Bones country club that all of Washington were spawned out of. Oh sure, maybe he didn't tee off on the same golf course that they did, but he lives in that same divorced-from-reality commune that continuously drives a wedge between politicians and the people. DONALD TRUMP IS THE ESTABLISHMENT.

Get your head out of your ass. Trump doesn't care about foreign policy, he doesn't care about the economy, he doesn't care about border control, he doesn't care about terrorism. The only thing Donald Trump cares about is Donald Trump; the Presidential race is nothing but a giant advertising slot for him, the world's biggest reality show, a chance to stamp his name on yet another vacuous business opportunity that contributes nothing of substance to the general economic landscape (which he has made a living doing).

yes-rudy1.gif

These DNC leaks make me want to vote 3rd party.

Saw a post on FB that said "Hillary should fire the DNC chair over these leaked emails." Oh the irony.

Bro you live in a blue state, your vote doesn't mean shit. Hillary already won your state.

Which is true. Still don't feel comfortable voting this election for a party that tried to rig the nomination process and contemplated posting fake Trump ads on craigslist.

There is absolutely no possible way to employ someone to assemble an iPhone and pay them a wage that will keep them at the standard of living (read: materialistic bullshit) that middle class American citizens expect. It's NOT...POSSIBLE. Instituting tariffs is basically synonymous with economic isolationism, which doesn't work for a multitude of reasons that I'm sure you're familiar with...

Secondly...let me tell you a little secret about this election cycle and the voter base of this country. A lot of people who are going to vote for Hillary this fall - not all, but a lot - are going to do so under protest. I'm going to go ahead and say that this is not the case for Trump, whose fanbase is genuinely elated with his policies and rhetoric, like you seem to be.

What I'm saying is that just because I absolutely hate Trump doesn't mean I like Hillary Clinton. But I do happen to believe that some of our country's woes (like gee I don't know maybe fucking terrorism due to oil meddling, or Mexican crime due to the war on drugs) are due to our jingoistic, imperial, money-grubbing behavior in a region already so unstable. And hiring a world-class fuccboi like Trump to represent us is only going to broadcast to the entire planet that we are a bunch of needledicks who are taking our ball and going home.

You think that Trump is an agent of change? Trump comes from the same elitist upper crust never-worked-a-day-in-his-life Skull & Bones country club that all of Washington were spawned out of. Oh sure, maybe he didn't tee off on the same golf course that they did, but he lives in that same divorced-from-reality commune that continuously drives a wedge between politicians and the people. DONALD TRUMP IS THE ESTABLISHMENT.

well this is one for the books.

@cursedlemon. You don't like Trump. I get that. I'm voting for Johnson. What I don't get is that your criticization points of Trump. Hillary doesn't only have the same faults, but they are worst, far worst. Let's break it down.

But I do happen to believe that some of our country's woes (like gee I don't know maybe fucking terrorism due to oil meddling, or Mexican crime due to the war on drugs) are due to our jingoistic, imperial, money-grubbing behavior in a region already so unstable.

You call Trump money-grubbing yet Clinton has spent $31 million that she got from Super PAC's and it's estimated that she has another $45 million on hand. While Trump has $1.3 million on hand and spent not even half of what Clinton has. Do you think those Super PAC's are giving her money and not demanding favors while she's President? Call Trump what you will but in terms of money-grabbing for this election, there's someone far more evil out there.

I'm going to go ahead and say that this is not the case for Trump, whose fanbase is genuinely elated with his policies and rhetoric

And hiring a world-class fuccboi like Trump

Yeah, that's way better than Trump supporters. Eat your own words. There will no be insults in this post btw. I'm not like that.

You think that Trump is an agent of change? Trump comes from the same elitist upper crust never-worked-a-day-in-his-life Skull & Bones country club that all of Washington were spawned out of. Oh sure, maybe he didn't tee off on the same golf course that they did, but he lives in that same divorced-from-reality commune that continuously drives a wedge between politicians and the people. DONALD TRUMP IS THE ESTABLISHMENT.

The Republican party nearly collapsed itself to not have Trump elected. Are we really going to act like the primaries didn't happen? The establishment put all their money, resources, and support to Bush, then Rubio, and then Cruz. And you know what was the only thing that stopped the Republican party from having the candidate that they wanted. The voters by forcing the party's hand since he reached the magic number because of voters.

Now let's talk about Clinton, something that Clinton supporters hate doing more than anything. Thanks to the patriots that are Wikileaks, we have learned that Democratic party decided their candidate long before this election and unlike the Republican party, the establishment got exactly what they wanted. And also due to the leaks, Debbie Schultz, the chairperson of the Democratic Committee, won't even speak at her own convention.

Yes, Trump is obviously friends with powerful people and you can call them the establishment, that is fair. Though that establishment is a different entity than the Republican party, wait nevermind, thanks to the voters, was a different entity. Whether you think that is a good or bad thing is your opinion though Clinton has been the very heart of the establishment before this election even started. Call Trump what you will but in terms of who's in bed with establishment the most, Clinton takes the cake. I find it odd that you criticize Trump for that yet you don't call her out.

Now for the fun fun part. Obama.

I also find it odd that with your opinion of Trump, this is all you mention of Obama. Now this is the case that happens to both parties. When a party is president, all the good things that happen are because of them and the bad things are because of the other party. Let's have a quick history lesson but with a different spin.

What if Trump promised that he will abolish the Patriot act in his campaign but only to expand it four years later and give the NSA more power over American citizens, even power that goes far beyond the reach of law.
What if Trump said loudly during his 2004 campaign that he supports whistle blowers but when the whistle blow under his watch, his stance suddenly takes a turn.
What if Trump gave the green light on drone strikes where 90% of said strikes in 2013 weren't intended targets, and then low-balled the death toll because he didn't count countries we weren't technically at war with?
What if after 8 years of Trump, terrorist began almost weekly attacks?
And now the fun one, what if Trump was withholding valuable information from the United States Senate about the Republican nominee until the election was over?

If Trump did all of that, would you really just say "he fixed the economy!" and nothing else? No, you wouldn't.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What did I *just* say? Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are both terrible people with awful platforms. But people are EXCITED about Trump's platform, whereas a lot of people are voting Hillary as a silver or even bronze medal.

And I never said I was an Obama banner-waver. Brad talked about the economy, and I responded about the economy.The economy doesn't need to be saved, just like the military doesn't need to be strengthened; both of which are Trump talking points.

What did I *just* say? Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are both terrible people with awful platforms. But people are EXCITED about Trump's platform, whereas a lot of people are voting Hillary as a silver or even bronze medal.

And I never said I was an Obama banner-waver. Brad talked about the economy, and I responded about the economy.The economy doesn't need to be saved, just like the military doesn't need to be strengthened; both of which are Trump talking points.

I just love the whole "America is the greatest nation on earth" vibe, yet his slogan is to make America great "again".

Under democrats we are decent at best.  We have not been great ever since November 8th 2006

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not sure what's worse. The leader of the Democrats resigning in disgrace a day before their convention. Democrats blaming a Russian conspiracy for the email leak. Or Bernie Sanders selling out and contributing to the corrupt system he so vehemently campaigned against.

I would love to see Bernie run as an independent, too bad he is smarter than that.

Expanding upon what I said earlier, since I was just passing time waiting for Chevelle to get the fuck off the stage so that Bush could go on...

I am not a fan of Hillary Clinton, in fact I despise her. She is an embodiment of the old establishment. She has no decent ideas. She clearly does not know how to keep herself separated from scandal. What she is, however, is the status quo. It is a given that the status quo is not something desirable...however, it has to do with stagnation and a divide between the American public and its leaders. 

Donald Trump may be a change, but it is 100% not a change for the better and is most certainly not a change that addresses the problems with the political environment in this country. Trump is not cut from a better cloth than Hillary Clinton, unless you think going from a lawyer to a used car salesman is some kind of upgrade. Let's remember the fact that there are more than two candidates in any given election year. Bernie over on the Democrat side was, in the opinion of many, screwed out of the nomination for his party, but there was no fudging the numbers on the Trump side; he brute-forced his way to the nomination. The Republican voter base had Gary Johnson sitting there looking mighty pretty, but they fell right in line behind Trump. 

And why is that? Because the real difference between Hillary and Trump is that Trump is a representation of a hideous underbelly of the American populace that we've been trying to sweep under the rug and forget their existence. He is a king of idiots, the kind of people who surrender to baser emotional appeals and inflammatory rhetoric. Donald Trump has absolutely no idea how to address any of America's issues, and it showed when he got up to give his nomination speech which was basically: 

A vote for Trump is not a vote for change, but a vote symbolic of admitting that a person incapable of looking at things with even a modicum of perspective and prefer to listen to someone yelling angrily about nothing in particular, even if that someone is a card-carrying xenophobe. And that's why I'm critical of Trump, because he's the leader of dangerous and, frankly, embarrassing worldview festering in parts of America. I don't have to be critical of Hillary Clinton because what she is has been torn down a million times over, but it's only this particular election cycle that we've had to deal with the problematic mindset that is Trump. 

• Upvote (+1) 3