EagleBurn

2016 Election Thread

all of this is already a thing.

Body cams for every cop is still in its beginning phases so not every cop has them. Despite the law it won't be the standard for another 5 years

Body cams for every cop is still in its beginning phases so not every cop has them. Despite the law it won't be the standard for another 5 years

regardless, body cams won't solve the problem obviously. only thing they will help w/ is in court, but is that really a solution in the end?

regardless, body cams won't solve the problem obviously. only thing they will help w/ is in court, but is that really a solution in the end?

I disagree. Not saying that the cops are fully in the wrong but knowing that a cam is watching their every move will make them act only when they're absolutely sure that their life is at risk.

Education and mental health would be a good place to start. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I disagree. Not saying that the cops are fully in the wrong but knowing that a cam is watching their every move will make them act only when they're absolutely sure that their life is at risk.

this has already been proven to be false.

Education and mental health would be a good place to start. 

THANK YOU 

imagine if at a young age, we taught kids to love each other as much as possible regardless of religion, race, background... instead we teach them about math and science, etc... that may get them out of poverty, but it won't relieve them of life long suffering in a world of hate! 

THANK YOU 

imagine if at a young age, we taught kids to love each other as much as possible regardless of religion, race, background... instead we teach them about math and science, etc... that may get them out of poverty, but it won't relieve them of life long suffering in a world of hate! 

Jesus you sound like a kindergarten teacher who quotes John Lennon on facebook. Teaching them basic values and respecting others despite of race and religion is the job of parents and how they raise their children, not a teacher.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jesus you sound like a kindergarten teacher who quotes John Lennon on facebook. Teaching them basic values and respecting others despite of race and religion is the job of parents and how they raise their children, not a teacher.

Where do you think most learn that hatred? In all honesty he is not wrong. Society SHOULD take a stronger stand on teaching morality and equality. There is no downside so why not?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It can't hurt to teach young children something their parents may or may not be conveying to them at home, we all know parental guidance is another issue in itself. My point is that we enlighten the young children to the idea of equality and love as much as possible, when they are still young enough to be influenced in such a way. I'm not trying to sound like a total cliche here, even if it does... imagine 20 years from now how much more peaceful the population could be? 

poverty is the cause of the majority of violence

until you solve that the problem will never go away

poverty is the cause of the majority of violence

until you solve that the problem will never go away

I'd say that's lumped in with mental health. 

We have a HUGE mental health problem that continues to be ignored time and time again. 

I'd say that's lumped in with mental health. 

We have a HUGE mental health problem that continues to be ignored time and time again. 

certainly, they contribute to one another

Where do you think most learn that hatred? In all honesty he is not wrong. Society SHOULD take a stronger stand on teaching morality and equality. There is no downside so why not?

It can't hurt to teach young children something their parents may or may not be conveying to them at home, we all know parental guidance is another issue in itself. My point is that we enlighten the young children to the idea of equality and love as much as possible, when they are still young enough to be influenced in such a way. I'm not trying to sound like a total cliche here, even if it does... imagine 20 years from now how much more peaceful the population could be? 

This is the type of bs that gets nothing done. This is not going to solve anything. It's the type of thinking people do so they can say to themselves "I'm helping!". No, it's not helping at all. What both of you want has been happening since the dawn of fucking man. It's call the evolution of society. What you're saying is happening right now and it will continue to happen despite what we say. Teachers do spread equality to their children in the best way possible which is a subtle way (telling them not to bully others for racial or poverty reasons, watching the shows they make about this during class).

You really want to help the diversity issue? Help the economy get out of poverty and there are a million ways to do that. Community work, charity, whatever. The only way to solve this is from the source and that's the poverty of these kid's parents.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is the type of bs that gets nothing done. This is not going to solve anything. It's the type of thinking people do so they can say to themselves "I'm helping!". No, it's not helping at all. What both of you want has been happening since the dawn of fucking man. It's call the evolution of society. What you're saying is happening right now and it will continue to happen despite what we say. Teachers do spread equality to their children in the best way possible which is a subtle way (telling them not to bully others for racial or poverty reasons, watching the shows they make about this during class).

You really want to help the diversity issue? Help the economy get out of poverty and there are a million ways to do that. Community work, charity, whatever. The only way to solve this is from the source and that's the poverty of these kid's parents.

Why not both?

13599974_270591966636670_754236117654472

Contrary to popular belief, a cops job is not to 'serve and protect'; it's to ENFORCE THE LAW (hence the name 'law enforcers'). Once must then ask, what is the law? Law is nothing more than a scribble on a piece of paper declared by a group of politicians. If your job is to enforce the law, then you are not actually questioning the difference between right and wrong, you are simply enforcing the laws someone else told you to enforce. That's called order following. The Nazis can tell you all about this.

A truly moral, educated human being will ALWAYS ask whether their actions are right/wrong. When a cop kidnaps someone and throws them into a cage (where thousands of men are gang raped every year) for smoking/growing a plant (just one of many erroneous laws), they are abandoning their conscience and acting immorally by blindly following an order. No one who blindly follows orders can ever be considered a truly good person, because they will follow the order no matter how immoral it is.

ALL cops follow immoral orders, because it is their job to do so.

• Downvote (-1) 2

3 police dead, 10 shot.

What a joke

It's cool tho right guys? Fuck cops? Right guys? Fucking disgraceful.

What exactly do you think the founding fathers of America did to declare their independence? The men who fought and died for YOUR freedom. What is it you think they did during their declaration of independence? Give the law enforcers belly rubs and beg for their freedom? They fucking shot them. Shot them dead until they stopped oppressing them.

The founding fathers refused to pay taxes and follow the laws set out by the British ruling class at the time. The law enforcers or 'police' at the time weren't happy about this, so the founding fathers picked up their weapons and SHOT THEM. See, that's what happens you oppress and violate people's rights on a daily basis for years and years. Eventually, violent revolution becomes inevitable.

Bear in mind, King George III's rule at the time was NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING compared to the police state and oppression in America right now. What exactly do you think the founding fathers would do if they were alive in America today? They'd do the EXACT same thing.

885994_480878508737099_88086936595465768

• Downvote (-1) 2

No guys don't you see, everything is the same as it was in the 1800s and everything they did for freedom is exactly what would work in our current times of technology and ideas. It's so simple 

Cops need body cameras. We also need police to be assigned specific parts of a community and serve only that community. If the cops were a part of the community, and knew most of the people they served, I feel like this crap would happen less.

this already exists

cameras have tons of issues. relability. cost.

Privacy. etc. they are still being worked out. but i agree they should be figured out and implimented at a higher rate.

@@amo819 amo. i wouldnt doubt that you want to watch the world burn. afterall you did just ban me for <redacted>... lol. have a sense of humor

No guys don't you see, everything is the same as it was in the 1800s and everything they did for freedom is exactly what would work in our current times of technology and ideas. It's so simple 

You do realise that the founders had MORE FREEDOM under British rule than you currently have now. Please try and contemplate that for just a second. You are being taxed ridiculous amounts and are having your freedoms violated every single day and you bend over and take it up the ass.

My god, if those men were alive today they would take a giant, steaming piss over the 97 percenters such as yourself and then take up arms and overthrow the government, the police force and restore the constitution. All while you raged about them being 'criminals', 'terrorists' and 'tax cheats' on the internet because you don't have the balls to challenge authority and corruption yourself.

What real men look like. You don't 'protest' or politely ask for your freedom, you TAKE IT.

don-troiani-stand-your-ground-lexington-

don-troiani-stand-your-ground-lexington-

yeah i'm sure these guys could overthrow the government nowadays

no prob ez mode

edit: can i be the guy with the drum?

• Upvote (+1) 1