EagleBurn

2016 Election Thread

Remember that episode of Family Guy where Peter builds his own town and throws all the guns in a burning pit?

If the government made it illegal to have any guns, how many people who have them would give them up I wonder? And how would the Government insure that all weapons were confiscated? It simply would never work in the US.

Remember when a tragedy like the one on Sunday morning happened and people didn't use it as a platform to shove their political views down peoples throats every chance they got? Oh wait I can see just by turning on the television, opening up Facebook and Twitter, or even going into this thread to see that is not the case. Imagine living in a world where short sighted thoughts were less important than taking a step back and having actual respect for the lives lost...

• Downvote (-1) 1

Remember when a tragedy like the one on Sunday morning happened and people didn't use it as a platform to shove their political views down peoples throats every chance they got? Oh wait I can see just by turning on the television, opening up Facebook and Twitter, or even going into this thread to see that is not the case. Imagine living in a world where short sighted thoughts were less important than taking a step back and having actual respect for the lives lost...

You can't assume people having a political discussion,in a political thread, in an off topic forum implies people don't have respect for the lost. The contrary is true for all sides of the debate. People care, that's why they debate how to prevent these atrocities.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Liberals: "It's not a radical Islam problem!!"

Conservatives: "It's not a gun control problem!!"

• Downvote (-1) 1

im respecting the lives that were lost by calling for the removal of the tools that took their lives. that "let's not politicize things after a tragedy" plea is bullshit and it's the reason why things never change and shit like this will continue to happen

The whole "they would get them on the black market or steal them anyways!" is such a fucking dumb argument.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Negativity and hate isn't necessary less than 24-48 hours after the incident... show some respect and take a step back from your political views for a few days is all I'm saying... so much hate isn't helping anything right now 

The whole "they would get them on the black market or steal them anyways!" is such a fucking dumb argument.

elaborate 

Negativity and hate isn't necessary less than 24-48 hours after the incident... show some respect and take a step back from your political views for a few days is all I'm saying... so much hate isn't helping anything right now 

yes it is. we should be very angry because we keep allowing this to happen. you hear this shit after every tragedy and nothing ever gets done

im respecting the lives that were lost by calling for the removal of the tools that took their lives. that "let's not politicize things after a tragedy" argument is bullshit and it's the reason why things never change and shit like this will continue to happen

Yeah that argument always infuriates me. The whole point of policy is to be a solution to problems that arise in a society. What better time to discuss it then when the consequences of doing nothing are clear to everyone?

An all weapons ban on modern sporting rifles will most definitely create a massive fucking black market in the United States lmfao.  You do know there's over 3 million AR's in the United States alone right?  I wanna say like over 100 million rifles...

It's the same as saying you won't be able to buy cocaine after we ban it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yes it is. we should be very angry because we keep allowing this to happen. you hear this shit after every tragedy and nothing ever gets done

It's easy for you to just be angry and use this to bring up the need for a solution.... You don't know anyone personally affected by this tragedy.

I'm willing to bet that if it were a close friend or even a loved one of yours that was killed you would still be grieving and the last thing on your mind would be politics!

Try and sympathise for the people who lost their lives is all I'm saying, don't need to bash me for having a point of view that you don't. It's a matter of perspective, and this one hit really close to home for me and plenty of my friends...

I don't see how jumping to a political discussion now would bring about any actual change anyways when you can always rant your views a week from now and still not get anything done.

• Downvote (-1) 1

An all weapons ban on modern sporting rifles will most definitely create a massive fucking black market in the United States lmfao. You do know there's over 3 million AR's in the United States alone right? I wanna say like over 100 million rifles...

Never said we should all out ban them.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Never said we should all out ban them.

thanks for substantiating your argument!  

this really is a shit thread

the h2f debate section from 2006 would have eaten you guys alive 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

creating a black market is a lot better than being able to walk into a gun show anywhere in the country and legally picking one up same day. the inconvenience and risk would deter a lot these guys from going through with it

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's easy for you to just be angry and use this to bring up the need for a solution.... You don't know anyone personally affected by this tragedy.

I'm willing to bet that if it were a close friend or even a loved one of yours that was killed you would still be grieving and the last thing on your mind would be politics!

Try and sympathise for the people who lost their lives is all I'm saying, don't need to bash me for having a point of view that you don't. It's a matter of perspective, and this one hit really close to home for me and plenty of my friends...

I don't see how jumping to a political discussion now would bring about any actual change anyways when you can always rant your views a week from now and still not get anything done.

sorry that you're personally affected by this but this is a bad way to think about it. anger is part of the graving process and it's necessary for change. i don't need to personally know someone affected by this to be outraged 

thanks for substantiating your argument!

this really is a shit thread

the h2f debate section from 2006 would have eaten you guys alive

On my phone so can't really type a paragraph.

• Upvote (+1) 1

An all weapons ban on modern sporting rifles will most definitely create a massive fucking black market in the United States lmfao. You do know there's over 3 million AR's in the United States alone right? I wanna say like over 100 million rifles...

Gun Shop Owner: AR-15's Flying Off Shelves at $500 a Pop | Fox Business. http://tiny.iavian.net/aroz

People are already stocking up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

creating a black market is a lot better than being able to walk into a gun show anywhere in the country and legally picking one up same day. the inconvenience and risk would deter a lot these guys from going through with it

I can imagine a terrorist saying " I really want to slaughter innocent people, however I can't legally obtain the weapons. This is so inconvenient. I guess I'll just change my ways...."

To be honest I'm skeptical that any actions can have a significant effect on terrorism. Countries with much stricter laws are dealing with these things too.

I can imagine a terrorist saying " I really want to slaughter innocent people, however I can't legally obtain the weapons. This is so inconvenient. I guess I'll just change my ways...."

Make things more difficult = more opportunity for them to fuck up and get caught in the process.

• Upvote (+1) 4

But you do need to spread hate and negativity?

yes. why wouldn't we hate the people who allow this to keep happening? how can we be anything other than negative?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Make things more difficult = more opportunity for them to fuck up and get caught in the process.

That argument makes more sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1