EagleBurn

2016 Election Thread

This is my opinion as well. I do support a system where it's more difficult and time consuming to obtain guns, especially automatics. If someone is not willing to go through a great amount of effort and wait on thorough background checks to obtain a gun then they don't need it.

It is extremely difficult, time consuming and expensive to own an automatic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I truly enjoy reading posts from people with strong opinions on guns and gun laws that have absolutely zero knowledge on the subject.

I'm learning so much about 'clips' and 'autos' and 'discharging'. Shit is hilarious. Typical liberals.

ETA: last I checked Rick it takes a form 3 or form 1 (forget), 6-8 month wait, 200 tax stamp, FBI background check and about 20k + to buy an entry level full auto... I was looking at MP5's. You might even need an FFL now... What I do know is it's hard as fk to obtain one.

• Upvote (+1) 3

what does it matter if it's auto or semi auto if you can still discharge 45 rounds in under a minute?

who needs 100 round drum clips to defend themselves?

do people really think the founding fathers would've written the 2nd amendment like it is if they knew guns would evolve into high capacity assault weapons? bear in mind they wrote it at a time when muskets were the only kind of guns around and the US military (in its infancy) needed all the help they could get to fight off the british.

go ahead and keep your muskets though. that's what the founding fathers actually wanted

The argument about how many bullets it can hold or how many are fired in a minute is kinda irrelevant. I'm really tired so ill come back tomorrow and explain more, but modifying a gun to be hella illegal and powerful is absurdly easy. Cut down the specs of current gun, again, so civilian's have toy guns and the criminal has his modified fuck you in the ass machine. And let's not be sarcastic about the founding fathers, unless of course you had your Ouija board out and talked to the ghost of Thomas Jefferson(see, it kinda makes you look like an ass.)

"was licensed to carry a concealed weapon. In Florida, though, you don't need a license to buy or carry a rifle like the AR-15. There is a three-day waiting period to purchase a handgun like the Glock Mateen also had on him, but no waiting period at all to buy an AR-15."

6-8 months?

If we start banning things based on whether we need them or not, we'd end up banning half of everything humans do, it doesn't matter if I need an ar15 it's not evil to own one, and it's not going to hurt anyone unless the person holding it either needs to out of self defense or wants to because they're insane, either way this isn't very many people based on statistics, I think in 2012 the number of deaths from rifles numbered around 320 or so, out of thousands of other recorded deaths, most deaths I'd like to add were suicide, something like 60 percent.

I'm not against regulation though, I'm just against useless regulation, you don't need to ban barrel shrouds or pistol grips, they mean nothing, they don't change the effectiveness of a gun like call of duty, same goes for optics. An assault rifle is an intermediate caliber select fire weapon, it has nothing to do with how much scary shit you can put on it or what it looks like, the ar15 isn't an assault rifle, it's not a military weapon, the m16/m4 is because it's select fire, the ar15 is a sporterized/hunting rifle, no different from some other semi auto wood stock hunting rifle in terms of operation(obviously the mechanisms are different but the end result is the same, 1 round per trigger pull).

There's no such thing as an assault rifle. It's a term made up by the media to make black guns scary when in reality, they do the exact same thing as any other rifle. They shoot one bullet per pull. Yes, they have larger magazines but most guns are magazine fed the same exact way. I have a pistol and 2 .22's that hold more rounds than my AR.  Another bit of info you probably didn't know is that AR does not mean Assault Rifle.  It stands for the company that originally designed it:  ARmalite.

I use mine for hunting, plinking at the range / campsite and home defense and I also enjoy working on them. AR's are great platforms that fit alot of roles in the outdoor world. Just about everyone I know out in the mountains here owns one for the exact reasons I just listed and they are all 100% responsible gun owners.

Also, the constitution guarantees my right to own one as a law abiding citizen so Murica' Beyond%20Smiley.png

Btw, all my guns are sitting quietly in my safe and they are perfectly harmless right now Beyond%20Wink.png

So, all your guns are in your safe, how in the bloody hell does that help with home defense? If somebody broke into your house will you just go "Wait a friggin minute!", walk over to the safe, going "I'll show you in a minute!", while trying to open the safe and get a gun?

Also, you're wrong about Assault Rifles. The first Assault Rifle was the german StG 44(which was NOT made by ArmaLite), Nazi Germany advertised it as an Assault Rifle(It was not as you say "made up by the media to make black guns scary", it was propaganda for the MP43(now known as the StG44)), which made similar rifles into the type "Assault Rifle"(aka. rifles which has selective fire, so you're wrong about one bullet per pull also, more powerful than handguns but less powerful than a standard rifle or Battle Rifles, plus effective range & ammo being supplied via. a detachable box mag).

And now for ArmaLite; ArmaLite was founded after WW2. So no, AR is just a brand for ArmaLite, they have NOTHING to do with Assault Rifle's origins. AR is both shortened for Assault Rifles and a brand for ArmaLite, but to say it's ONLY for ArmaLite's AR's is bad.

Now, I don't care for American guns, it's in your second amendment(which is out-dated as it's in place for if the goverment goes corrupt), but don't talk about guns and spew random stuff around like it's fact when it's so obviously not.

Kind Regards,

A Swedish guy

When someone uses an STG (there's prob only like 20 STG's in the US lol) in a shooting here i'll edit my post but we're talking about AR-15's which are mis labeled as assault rifles by the media. That shoulda been obvious by now as you took the entire post out of context. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-15

And yeah, when im NOT home all my guns are in the safe. That pic was taken like a week ago.

"was licensed to carry a concealed weapon. In Florida, though, you don't need a license to buy or carry a rifle like the AR-15. There is a three-day waiting period to purchase a handgun like the Glock Mateen also had on him, but no waiting period at all to buy an AR-15."

6-8 months?

For fully automatic weapons, it takes 6-8 months (maybe longer) for the paperwork to go through in the US. AR-15's are not fully automatic. One shot per pull...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm positive there are Trump supporters that are smart, rational people. But if you say cuck unironically, you're not to be taken seriously. Most people, at least on the Internet, seeing as I've not really met many Trump supporters here in OK, follow everything Trump says. I doubt there's a president that's ran that anyone could agree with 100% but everything he says seems to be the best idea they've ever heard. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

For fully automatic weapons, it takes 6-8 months (maybe longer) for the paperwork to go through in the US. AR-15's are not fully automatic. One shot per pull...

Yes but how many rounds per minute could you get from an Ar-15? I've seen people post anywhere from 45-700(depending how it was altered). Still don't see how some one should be able to go to and buy one in a day.

Yes but how many rounds per minute could you get from an Ar-15? I've seen people post anywhere from 45-700(depending how it was altered). Still don't see how some one should be able to go to and buy one in a day.

Not sure what 'altered' means but anyways...

Anything over 100 n you're a professional soldier / shooter imo so i'll be honest here regarding myself as a civilian w/ decent practice under my belt. Keep in mind too that dumping an entire magazine isn't something you really 'practice'.   fkn ammo is expensive but I do shoot a decent amount.

I have 30 round mags for mine. I can blow through a mag dump in about 20 seconds if i dont get any jams. Then i need to reload which takes an un trained person about 10 seconds maybe, then i can dump another 30. So I'd say about 50- 60 rounds a minute max for me. These aren't accurate shots either because recoil pulls the barrel up w/ every shot. Standard loadout for a marine is around 7 mags I think, so around 210 rounds until the weight affects you... Could be a bit off on that but close.

My glock 19 w/ a 33 rd mag can probably drop about 90 rounds a minute if im carrying 3 mags... Thats taking into account reloading. Both these weapons are semi-auto meaning one shot per trigger stroke.

The best part of the entire Liberal argument against the AR15's is that an AR15 was not even used in this shooting.

The stupidity of the left is both hilarious and terrifying.

The best part of the entire Liberal argument against the AR15's is that an AR15 was not even used in this shooting.

The stupidity of the left is both hilarious and terrifying.

nvm now hearing the new reports on which gun he used

both guns use 223 rounds and can take out a lot of people at once so who gives a fuck what it's called? they both should be banned

an ar15 was used at sandy hook too but yeah, dumb liberal logic

both guns use 223 rounds and can take out a lot of people at once so who gives a fuck what it's called? they both should be banned

an ar15 was used at sandy hook too but yeah, dumb liberal logic

Shock and awe in the media really pushes your feelz button huh.

FBI statistics show that every year, murders by rifle acocunt for around .02% of all homicides but ban them!

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8  

holy fuck you're missing the point by a mile

the focus is on how easy it is for those guns to take out large groups of people at once when shootings do occur, not how many people total are killed in a year by that specific weapon

He was in the club for hours, he could have had a hunting rifle and done the same amount of damage. I don't think rate of fire was a huge concern. He had a mission in mind and the guns he chose didn't make it a reality, he did. Whether he obtains the gun legally or illegally wouldn't have changed his mind. To elaborate on the black market point I've brought up a couple times, SWIM could get live grenades, plastique explosives, fully automatic weapons, and just about anything for the right price. And SWIM has no intention of getting them for any reason, but if the insane thought popped up to shoot a place up obtaining the weapons has nothing to do with legality, and given he had a plan in mind, I'd bet he could find all those things as well.

I will say I'm not a militant gun defender, I've only owned one and don't have it anymore. If a shooting happens and it's success(for lack of a better word) hinges on the fact they were able to go in and mow down tons of people purely for its firing power I'd agree it's unnecessary for public ownership. But the firing power and rate of fire had very very little to do with this tragedy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

holy fuck you're missing the point by a mile

the focus is on how easy it is for those guns to take out large groups of people at once when shootings do occur, not how many people total are killed in a year by that specific weapon

They make extended clips for handguns as well, which fire the exact same way. Handguns can also be hidden, and you can have multiple handguns and spare clips to boot.

The issue is not the type of gun, its who is allowed to buy them. However even if you prevent people from buying them they could just steal them, like Sandy Hook.

I want somebody to comment on the fact the mass shootings happen in gun free zones. Does anybody have an opinion on this? Doesn't the fact that these atrocities happening in gun free zones prove that passing more gun control will only succeed in disarming law abiding citizens?