EagleBurn

2016 Election Thread

I'm fairly certain a rule, law, abolishing amendments, etc.. wouldn't solve anything. Although I doubt our founding fathers would have wanted everyone running around with automatic weapons (they didn't exist and neither did mass shootings). You can make it illegal all you want, that won't stop this from happening again. It's more than a person, or a state, or a uniform we are fighting. It's an ideology, and someone willing to carry out these kinds of acts against innocent American people won't be deterred by a simple gun regulation.

We need to stop using what happened today as a platform to spread more hate. Love each other, come together as a unified people.. gay, straight, black, white, man, or woman! We are not going to live in fear of this evil. We are going to be strong as a country, and we must do it together!

Goodnight

There needs to be change. Adressing the gun laws will help but youre right. it wont solve the issue. bombs can be made. planes hijacked. etc. etc etc. these ppl will find a way regardless of what we do. but that doesnt mean we shouldnt make it more difficult for them

-tscalz

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gun control works so well in Chicago Scalzo. We should use that as a precedent for the entire nation!

• Upvote (+1) 1

agreed lord cypress

Chicagos murder rate will go down once all surrounding states get on the same page and put effective laws into place.

Most of the firearms used in crimes in Chicago were initially purchased legally in Indiana or Wisconsin.

Why should indiana n wisconsin be punished w/ more gun laws for Chicagos issues?

Im actually a big supporter of the gun violence in Shitcago though.. Just dingo's killing dingo's. It's the perfect scenario.

ETA: of course Puffy is like the perfect description of a female SJW. Lmfao.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We have the power as people to not live in fear, not allow this to get the best of us. The way the world is today, I don't see a real solution to stopping people from committing these attacks against us, but we as individuals can live our life the way we want and not allow ourselves to worry about it happening again...even if it can, you can't let them win by carrying that fear with you everywhere!

even though it can and probably will continue to happen... Regardless of wars, laws, or who the president is.

The president isn't going to be at a night club or movie theater when it gets attacked, and the guns or bombs used aren't going to magically be 100% unavailable to those using them because of strict laws. Likewise, putting a gun in the hands of everyone isn't going to solve anything either.

The only solution in my mind is for us to come together as a nation and spread love. I don't care if you're gay, you deserve to be loved. I don't care if you're black or Hispanic or Asian, if you're my friend, co worker, or even someone I don't know... LOVE CAN AND WILL WIN!!! We must stop spreading hate and being consumed by our egos.

As for Orlando, the air was stale today, people were trying to smile but it's hard. We are going to get through this though as one. I believe in and love my city! I love you all too.

Gporter, You have a good head about you. Wish u guys the best down there bro.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thank you man, we are going to get through it. I know the city will be stronger together. And I can't say enough about all the overwhelming support Orlando has received the last couple days, it warms my heart to know people care! I have cried more in the last couple days than I would like to admit, but I know that I'll be fine, and will continue to live my life how I normally do.

The 14th amendment needs to be changed.  No longer should illegals share the same rights as citizens, and no longer should you be a citizen just because you are born here.

This would solve so many problems, too bad the liberals would never vote for it.  They need illegals for votes.

It breaks my heart to know that when such a tragedy occurs, all people think about is pushing their agenda and their political goals. We live in a world where every terrible piece of news is used to further someone else's goals. I give my heart to Orlando.

I have a gay friend who would have actually been there if he didn't have to visit his Aunt first and I'm forever thankful that he wasn't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Make gun laws hella strict all you want, there's enough guns in this country and more being illegally imported that the people who want them to hurt others will always find them and the people who want them for defense from these insane people won't have them. It doesn't handicap the criminal, it handicaps the home defense crowd. You can steal all the guns from all the gun owners and melt em down, it's just gonna lead to crazy people with pipe bombs and machetes. Not to mention the black market that is even more expansive than a lot of you know. With a few phone calls I'd be able to get things that'd make you wish you had a high caliber gun to defend yourself. There's a tipping point where control and limitations stop working and we've reached it.

Sorry Cypress, I know we can't share opinions so I regret to inform you that you don't like guns anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe we can be friends afterall Sauce ;)

Yeah Havok. It's a shame someone that has been investigated by the FBI and known to have ties w/ other jihadists and not to mention a semi radical father that sympathizes w/ the taliban could legally purchase weapons. Just not right in my mind.

I love guns and support the 2nd but I also am in favor of policies that can be PROVEN to reduce mentally unstable people from legally purchasing firearms. going to be a tough road either way for this country.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe we can be friends afterall Sauce Beyond%20Wink.png

Yeah Havok. It's a shame someone that has been investigated by the FBI and known to have ties w/ other jihadists and not to mention a semi radical father that sympathizes w/ the taliban could legally purchase weapons. Just not right in my mind.

I love guns and support the 2nd but I also am in favor of policies that can be PROVEN to reduce mentally unstable people from legally purchasing firearms. going to be a tough road either way for this country.

This is all I'm saying. You should be able to own an AR15, or whatever gun you want. Just figure out more ways to keep them out of the hands of nutjobs

Why do people need to own automatic or semi-automatic assault rifles though? I pose this question earnestly. I don't support a universal ban of all guns, but I also don't understand for what purpose an average American citizen needs to own an assault rifle.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's no such thing as an assault rifle. It's a term made up by the media to make black guns scary when in reality, they do the exact same thing as any other rifle. They shoot one bullet per pull. Yes, they have larger magazines but most guns are magazine fed the same exact way. I have a pistol and 2 .22's that hold more rounds than my AR.  Another bit of info you probably didn't know is that AR does not mean Assault Rifle.  It stands for the company that originally designed it:  ARmalite.

I use mine for hunting, plinking at the range / campsite and home defense and I also enjoy working on them. AR's are great platforms that fit alot of roles in the outdoor world. Just about everyone I know out in the mountains here owns one for the exact reasons I just listed and they are all 100% responsible gun owners.

Also, the constitution guarantees my right to own one as a law abiding citizen so Murica' :)

Btw, all my guns are sitting quietly in my safe and they are perfectly harmless right now ;)

eWxdoiX.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Automatic weapons have been banned in this country for nearly 80 years...

• Upvote (+1) 2

what does it matter if it's auto or semi auto if you can still discharge 45 rounds in under a minute?

who needs 100 round drum clips to defend themselves?

do people really think the founding fathers would've written the 2nd amendment like it is if they knew guns would evolve into high capacity assault weapons? bear in mind they wrote it at a time when muskets were the only kind of guns around and the US military (in its infancy) needed all the help they could get to fight off the british.

go ahead and keep your muskets though. that's what the founding fathers actually wanted

do people really think the founding fathers would've written the 2nd amendment like it is if they knew guns would evolve into high capacity assault weapons? bear in mind they wrote it at a 

probably

the second amendment is a safeguard against tyranny 

what does it matter if it's auto or semi auto if you can still discharge 45 rounds in under a minute?

who needs 100 round drum clips to defend themselves?

do people really think the founding fathers would've written the 2nd amendment like it is if they knew guns would evolve into high capacity assault weapons? bear in mind they wrote it at a time when muskets were the only kind of guns around and the US military (in its infancy) needed all the help they could get to fight off the british.

go ahead and keep your muskets though. that's what the founding fathers actually wanted

You literally could not be less knowledgable about firearms wow lol. Have you ever left the city or burbs before?

lol like your redneck neighbor is gonna shoot down a drone with his ar15. you are poorly mistaken if you think a tyrannical overthrow will be carried out by an army of foot soldiers and not drones, bombs and fighter jets.

You literally could not be less knowledgable about firearms wow lol. Have you ever left the city or burbs before?

i live in rural ohio lol. how does where i live have anything to do with this?

I don't support a wide ban on weapons and firearms but there needs to be significant work on how to obtain guns and how people like this scumbag could legally buy one without anyone batting an eye. I personally dont see the need for owning rifles like AR-15s and such, but i'm also a kid from the city who's never even fired a gun before.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't support a wide ban on weapons and firearms but there needs to be significant work on how to obtain guns and how people like this scumbag could legally buy one without anyone batting an eye. I personally dont see the need for owning rifles like AR-15s and such, but i'm also a kid from the city who's never even fired a gun before.

This is my opinion as well. I do support a system where it's more difficult and time consuming to obtain guns, especially automatics. If someone is not willing to go through a great amount of effort and wait on thorough background checks to obtain a gun then they don't need it.