EagleBurn

2016 Election Thread

You're right! Why didn't anybody tell the shooter that?

I don't get the reasoning behind insulting people you don't agree with. It just makes you look immature. There is no reason not to be civil.

how am i supposed to respond to ur first quote its stupid and adds nothing to the conversation

how am i supposed to respond to ur first quote its stupid and adds nothing to the conversation

It does though. You're saying guns shouldn't be allowed in a bar, and I am saying that will not stop a criminal or terrorist from entering with one. What it will do is make innocent people defenseless. I'm not advocating that somebody who is drunk should carry a weapon. I am saying that people should be responsible enough to carry one to protect themselves into any environment. Because that one place where you cannot protect yourself is where terrorists target. I don't find that irrational in the least.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get the reasoning behind insulting people you don't agree with. It just makes you look immature. There is no reason not to be civil.

you more thin skinned than bernies foreskin. haha

It does though. You're saying guns shouldn't be allowed in a bar, and I am saying that will not stop a criminal or terrorist from entering with one. What it will do is make innocent people defenseless. I'm not advocating that somebody who is drunk should carry a weapon. I am saying that people should be responsible enough to carry one to protect themselves into any environment. Because that one place where you cannot protect yourself is where terrorists target. I don't find that irrational in the least.

People clearly are not responsible, without alchool, let alone with it.

I am a police officer in Chicago... when im off duty I cannot go into a bar and get drunk with my weapon, i would lose my job. Its illegal for a reason. And thats because of the way alcohol works in the human body, it effects our decision making process. Unfortunately when you make bad decisions/mistakes with a firearm people die. Common sense would dictate that untrained gun owners should not have that right. Therefore your argument is flawed and stupid. You just dont get it. Even gun advocates do not think that this is intelligent. IE. myself.

You are arguing one of the most moronic points of all time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

you more thin skinned than bernies foreskin. haha

People clearly are not responsible, without alchool, let alone with it.

I am a police officer in Chicago... when im off duty I cannot go into a bar and get drunk with my weapon, i would lose my job. Its illegal for a reason. And thats because of the way alcohol works in the human body, it effects our decision making process. Unfortunately when you make bad decisions/mistakes with a firearm people die. Common sense would dictate that untrained gun owners should not have that right. Therefore your argument is flawed and stupid. You just dont get it. Even gun advocates do not think that this is intelligent. IE. myself.

You are arguing one of the most moronic points of all time. its embarrassing

You think people aren't responsible and I do. I can't see eye to eye with you, and the outcome of last nights situation absolutely couldn't be worse if people were allowed to carry their concealed.

Alcohol is served at so many different places that there literally wouldn't be a point to a concealed weapon if a citizen cannot carry anywhere alcohol is served. I don't imagine people with concealed permits are there to get drunk and fire off shots at the first asshole that looks at him the wrong way. Again I'm not advocating that somebody drinking should have their gun, I'm saying that a person is responsible enough to carry it if they choose to. Anywhere, anytime.

Stopping someone from entering a bar with a gun won't stop somebody from shooting you, they will just walk outside to their car, grab their gun, and wait for the person to leave if they really want to shoot them. Unless of course they sober up in the 2 minutes it takes to walk to their car. So we probably need to search peoples cars too.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Three-People-Shot-Outside-Farmington-Bar-382605331.html

There are so many stories where people are shot outside of bars.Google it. There are hundreds. Good thing bars don't allow guns, wouldn't want to get blood on the floor.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

didnt i say to not be a fucking idiot but here we are again

Says the person who doesn't know to capiltlize "I".

Says the person who doesn't know to capiltlize "I".

man if thats the only grammatical error u can find in that post u really are an idiot

man if thats the only grammatical error u can find in that post u really are an idiot

I was going easy on you seeing as you're clearly at a disadvantage.

Do you know what Infowars is?

I'm assuming you're baiting me to tell you what I think it is so you can spew what you think it is and feel superior. If that's the case why not just say what the fuck you think? I don't care BTW.

Some of their stuff is whacky conspiracy stuff, which is probably what I would guess you're getting at.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm fairly certain a rule, law, abolishing amendments, etc.. wouldn't solve anything. Although I doubt our founding fathers would have wanted everyone running around with automatic weapons (they didn't exist and neither did mass shootings). You can make it illegal all you want, that won't stop this from happening again. It's more than a person, or a state, or a uniform we are fighting. It's an ideology, and someone willing to carry out these kinds of acts against innocent American people won't be deterred by a simple gun regulation. 

We need to stop using what happened today as a platform to spread more hate. Love each other, come together as a unified people.. gay, straight, black, white, man, or woman! We are not going to live in fear of this evil. We are going to be strong as a country, and we must do it together! 

Goodnight

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

people do it for fame too

you do something this evil and you're the most famous person on earth for a day

its sickening 

• Upvote (+1) 1

maybe if cops stopped killing and imprisoning black fathers they would be around more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

because they are totally being arrested for nothing at all  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but yeah blame the cops, lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those saying that carrying a concealed weapon would have possibly prevented this tragedy: there was a bouncer who was carrying & exchanged fire w/ the shooter. Clearly that helped out a bunch, thank god he was carrying that gun or else we'd have a serious tragedy on our hands!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Seeing everyone continue to spew hate in a time like this just confirms that we are in trouble as a people. There is a lot to be said about the way the people of Orlando came together yesterday to donate blood and be together, united as one. Through tragedy we should spread love, and be there for each other... not sit on our keyboards and talk about gun laws...