EagleBurn

2016 Election Thread

because 300 drunk people with firearms in close proximity of each other is a better idea?

• Upvote (+1) 1

because 300 drunk people with firearms in close proximity of each other is a better idea?

Sounds like a good reality TV show. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

"A shooter entered a bar last night and opened fire. Luckily nobody was carrying a concealed weapon or people would have panicked more, or a confusing situation would get more confusing. We can't confirm but if some civilian had a gun he would have died instead he died all the same, but in a better defenseless way".

Liberalism...

• Upvote (+1) 2

"A shooter entered a bar last night and opened fire. Luckily nobody was carrying a concealed weapon or people would have panicked more, or a confusing situation would get more confusing. We can't confirm but if some civilian had a gun he would have died instead he died all the same, but in a better defenseless way".

Liberalism...

Liberalism...

There wouldn't have even been a mass shooting. No terrorist would enter a bar filled with armed civilians. So yes its a better idea.

Liberalism...

I can write up a nice biased story as well if that is what you're here for?

"Drunk man dies and shoots 4 in attempt to stop club shooting raising the death toll to 55..."

Or maybe an actual counter argument would be a good place to go.... Or maybe actually having the right conversation about scientific research that would lead us to possible solutions... 

But I forgot science is bad

Conservatism...

• Downvote (-1) 2

There wouldn't have even been a mass shooting. No terrorist would enter a bar filled with armed civilians. So yes its a better idea.

No one would enter a bar like that. There are already enough fights and stabbings across bars nationwide without every drunk man/woman having a gun. 

I guess sometimes I forget how rational drunk people are though. Silly me

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can write up a nice biased story as well if that is what you're here for?

"Drunk man dies and shoots 4 in attempt to stop club shooting raising the death toll to 55..."

Or maybe an actual counter argument would be a good place to go.... Or maybe actually having the right conversation about scientific research that would lead us to possible solutions...

But I forgot science is bad

Conservatism...

Show me one scenario where a civilian carrying a concealed weapon made one of these scenarios WORSE. Other than your imagination.

Show me one scenario where a civilian carrying a concealed weapon made one of these scenarios WORSE. Other than your imagination.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/2-hurt-in-shooting-at-high-school-graduation-in-kansas/

Wasn't even a shooter and he shot two people. Would have been a ton of help if a shooter showed up. 

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/06/concealed_weapons_holder_accid.html

Same thing. Shoots two people with no one around. These are really the people I want helping me in a crisis situation. 

But like I said, you don't want to have an actual conversation. I'm realizing that. It's cool. You've avoided the main talking point 4 times now.

• Downvote (-1) 1

No one would enter a bar like that. There are already enough fights and stabbings across bars nationwide without every drunk man/woman having a gun.

I guess sometimes I forget how rational drunk people are though. Silly me

I would. The fact is a criminal isn't going to abide by gun free rules. That's the whole fucking point. You only disarm the innocent. Why do these shootings happen at gun free zones? Care to comment?

• Upvote (+1) 1

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/2-hurt-in-shooting-at-high-school-graduation-in-kansas/

Wasn't even a shooter and he shot two people. Would have been a ton of help if a shooter showed up.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/06/concealed_weapons_holder_accid.html

Same thing. Shoots two people with no one around. These are really the people I want helping me in a crisis situation.

But like I said, you don't want to have an actual conversation. I'm realizing that. It's cool. You've avoided the main talking point 4 times now.

That's not what I asked for. And I don't even get your main talking point.

Something like its better for mass shooters to have easy defenseless targets because you say so. And I am gonna leave it there. I am tired of chasing your red herrings.

I would. The fact is a criminal isn't going to abide by gun free rules. That's the whole fucking point. You only disarm the innocent. Why do these shootings happen at gun free zones? Care to comment?

The ban on explosives has played a pretty big role in stopping them from being widely used in these kind of events. ISIS is OPENLY telling their followers to get ahold of as many guns as possible in the U.S. and while we could put these people that they are targeting for this on a no fly list, we can't put them on a no gun list. THAT IS LITERALLY INSANE. 

BUT ONCE AGAIN FOR THE FIFTH TIME, I don't want to ban guns or haven't even acted like that is a good solution. WE need to find a proper solution through research which isn't being done because the right and the NRA won't allow it. Just like car manufacturers didn't want to allow the research into their industry. Or the food industry. or the production industry. This stuff happens constantly and the ignorant fight back until it all comes to light with actual SCIENTIFIC backing. 

I don't know how effective concealed carry or gun free zones or a ban or everyone having a gun is/would be because we can't do anything to research it properly. 

I just know that gun sales keep going up and up and these events keep happening more and more. There is a problem and we need the information to fix it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol you completely miss the point

having loaded firearms in a room full of drunk people is a horrible fucking idea, you are not smart. pls dont vote/reproduce/post again.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The ban on explosives has played a pretty big role in stopping them from being widely used in these kind of events. ISIS is OPENLY telling their followers to get ahold of as many guns as possible in the U.S. and while we could put these people that they are targeting for this on a no fly list, we can't put them on a no gun list. THAT IS LITERALLY INSANE.

BUT ONCE AGAIN FOR THE FIFTH TIME, I don't want to ban guns or haven't even acted like that is a good solution. WE need to find a proper solution through research which isn't being done because the right and the NRA won't allow it. Just like car manufacturers didn't want to allow the research into their industry. Or the food industry. or the production industry. This stuff happens constantly and the ignorant fight back until it all comes to light with actual SCIENTIFIC backing.

I don't know how effective concealed carry or gun free zones or a ban or everyone having a gun is/would be because we can't do anything to research it properly.

I just know that gun sales keep going up and up and these events keep happening more and more. There is a problem and we need the information to fix it.

These attacks happen in countries with much stricter gun laws than the US. There isn't a law in the world, unfortunately, that can prevent evil people from finding ways to kill people. Laws only apply to law abiding citizens. No amount of research or data is going stop a lunatic from getting a gun on the black market, or just stealing one. You don't need SCIENCE to use common sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You don't need SCIENCE to use common sense.

Idk what you need to use common sense, but whatever it is, get it pls

These attacks happen in countries with much stricter gun laws than the US. There isn't a law in the world, unfortunately, that can prevent evil people from finding ways to kill people. Laws only apply to law abiding citizens. No amount of research or data is going stop a lunatic from getting a gun on the black market, or just stealing one. You don't need SCIENCE to use common sense.

And business are going to cut corners so why try and regulate them. 

And people aren't going to pay taxes, so why try and collect them

Among 1000 other examples of this illogical way of thinking you've convinced yourself of. 

They don't have them nearly as often as we do and that alone shows we need to look into this more than we are. It's crazy you think the right thing to do is just arm everyone without a shred of backing into that being even a potential solution. We need information, not the right or left throwing their end all be all solutions at us of MORE AND NONE. 

lol you completely miss the point

having loaded firearms in a room full of drunk people is a horrible fucking idea, you are not smart. pls dont vote/reproduce/post again.

And here come the personal attacks. I know its hard, but try to be mature.

Why would you assume everyone is too drunk to yield a firearm, and yet the bar doesn't take the keys from everyone that leaves. You do know drunk drivers kill many many many more people than drunk concealed weapon holders? You know why the bar doesn't confiscate keys? Because people are educated to be responsible with vehicles and drinking. Just like when you take a concealed weapons class, which you probably never will, they tell you NOT to take your gun if you're planning on getting plastered. Nowhere was I advocating drunks have guns, and not everybody goes to a bar to get plastered. I go to bars to hang out with friends even though I don't drink alcohol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

how old are you? twelve?

what you just posted is one of the most bat shit crazy posts I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this tread is now dumber for having read it to it. I award you no pos rep, and may Jayhawks have mercy on your soul. Good day.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

u shouldnt be allowed in a club/bar with a concealed weapon lmfao 

ive had people get pissed at me cause i like bumped into them on the dance floor now imagine if that piss drunk person had a firearm on them lol

dont be a fucking idiot dude

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

even Mountain has more sense than this dolt

lymi mark, still should have thrown it back, but ugh fuck you, nvm. you suck

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

u shouldnt be allowed in a club/bar with a concealed weapon lmfao

ive had people get pissed at me cause i like bumped into them on the dance floor now imagine if that piss drunk person had a firearm on them lol

dont be a fucking idiot dude

You're right! Why didn't anybody tell the shooter that?

didnt i just tell u to not be a fucking idiot? how u gonna debate stuff when u cant read?

I don't get the reasoning behind insulting people you don't agree with. It just makes you look immature. There is no reason not to be civil.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1