EagleBurn

2016 Election Thread

they were in a club like whos bringing a gun to a club

also downtown orlando has like 2 police officers outside each club and even more show up at 2am (when the bars close) so like clearly this shooter would not have given a fuck if more people were armed but aight

I carry everywhere I go and know many people that do.

2 Police Officers are not sitting outside of every nightclub.  That is as stupid as saying guns are the problem. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I carry everywhere I go and know many people that do.

2 Police Officers are not sitting outside of every nightclub.  That is as stupid as saying guns are the problem. 

dude i live in orlando and go downtown on a semi regular basis. theres cops everywhere

• Upvote (+1) 1

you carry an AR15 everywhere you go?

That's cool.

Who said that? Are you implying that a concealed pistol is powerless against an AR15? Verses what? Having nothing at all and being fish in a barrel?

In a night club filled with people, yes, it is utterly useless against an AR15. 

But the debate will never be to eliminate people's access to guns completely. 

The debate is allowing the CDC and proper organizations to research and propose steps in which we can make the general public safer. Just like we did with the auto industry when the homocide rate was on the rise. 

NRA won't allow it though, so here we are acting like every piece of legislation is a complete ban on your ability to use a gun for recreation/sport/protection. 

In a night club filled with people, yes, it is utterly useless against an AR15.

But the debate will never be to eliminate people's access to guns completely.

The debate is allowing the CDC and proper organizations to research and propose steps in which we can make the general public safer. Just like we did with the auto industry when the homocide rate was on the rise.

NRA won't allow it though, so here we are acting like every piece of legislation is a complete ban on your ability to use a gun for recreation/sport/protection.

I don't see how its useless. You shoot a person holding an AR15 they go down just the same.

I don't see how its useless. You shoot a person holding an AR15 they go down just the same.

100s of people running, screaming, yelling as bullets spray everywhere. The guy you're shooting has an armored vest. 

You aren't properly trained for high stress situations. Let along to shoot another human being with 100s of people running in front of the target and bumping into you. They are more likely to think you're another shooter rather than you are there to help them.

You don't think you are ore likely to harm more people and get yourself killed in that situation than you are to do anything?

So yes, in a fight against a guy with an AR15 in a crowded club you aren't going to be of much use. In your home, against an intruder you'd give yourself a great change though. 

Plenty of people carry and we hardly hear about them doing anything in these type of situations. We actually never hear about it. If we did, it is all the marketing material the NRA would need. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

nah amo ur st00pud bro just pull the trigger ez

Jus liek da mooovies. 

Jus liek da mooovies. 

dun worry man the innocent civilians know ur the good guy with the gun they know to hide behind u and not panic even more when they hear more gun fire

100s of people running, screaming, yelling as bullets spray everywhere. The guy you're shooting has an armored vest.

You aren't properly trained for high stress situations. Let along to shoot another human being with 100s of people running in front of the target and bumping into you. They are more likely to think you're another shooter rather than you are there to help them.

You don't think you are ore likely to harm more people and get yourself killed in that situation than you are to do anything?

So yes, in a fight against a guy with an AR15 in a crowded club you aren't going to be of much use. In your home, against an intruder you'd give yourself a great change though.

Plenty of people carry and we hardly hear about them doing anything in these type of situations. We actually never hear about it. If we did, it is all the marketing material the NRA would need.

So having a concealed during a situation like stated is bad because you might get yourself killed or harm others...as opposed to 50 confirmed dead. Great logic.

Also a quick Google search can find instances where concealed weapon carriers save lives. It does happen, and its completely irrational to suggest being unarmed in one of these scenarios is some how "better". http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2015/03/10-cases-where-an-armed-citizen-took-down-an-active-shooter/#10-cases-where-an-armed-citizen-took-down-an-active-shooter-2

So having a concealed during a situation like stated is bad because you might get yourself killed or harm others...as opposed to 50 confirmed dead. Great logic.

Not bad, but useless. Or more harmful.

Whatever you prefer. I'll take your ignoring of the greater points in the last 2 posts as acceptance. 

On your link, which is constantly linked in these situations, I'd suggest you research each instance a little more closely before you state it as fact. They aren't good examples. BUT it does bring me back to the first point I made in all of this, so thank you. If the NRA would stop lobbying against the CDC doing basic research on guns, gun manufacturing, and uses we could see the effectiveness of it all. But no, they won't because research means all the guns go away or something. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not bad, but useless. Or more harmful.

Whatever you prefer. I'll take your ignoring of the greater points in the last 2 posts as acceptance.

Being unarmed is less harmful than having a defense. Anything else?

dun worry man the innocent civilians know ur the good guy with the gun they know to hide behind u and not panic even more when they hear more gun fire

I didn't know there was a higher level of panic than a guy entering a room with an AR15 firing away. I'm learning so much.

Adding more guns into a crazed crowd getting shot at isn't safe in the slightest. And you aren't getting in a club or most places with a concealed weapon.

And you aren't getting in a club or most places with a concealed weapon.

Exactly why shooters target these places. Fish in a barrel.

Adding more guns into a crazed crowd getting shot at isn't safe in the slightest. And you aren't getting in a club or most places with a concealed weapon.

Keyword trained shooters, im sure if there had just been a few special ops in the crowd, and had they been allowed to carry firearms that none of this would have even happened. Its all Obamas fault. send him to prison or back to africa, asap

• Upvote (+1) 1

Keyword trained shooters, im sure if there had just been a few special ops in the crowd, and had they been allowed to carry firearms that none of this would have even happened. Its all Obamas fault. send him to prison or back to africa, asap

You're all missing the point entirely. 50 people are dead that literally had no chance to retaliate or defend themselves. All they could do is run or hide. You don't have to be a trained special ops to make a difference. If you want to run or lay down when some jack-ass decides he wants to go on a killing spree that's your perogotive. I would rather have a chance than absolutely zero fucking hope. I have read no rational argument against that other than "na uh".