EagleBurn

2016 Election Thread

I completely agree with you

of course, you have common sense. making someone who did that the most powerful person in the country, as well as having huge track records with corruption and selling themselves out to the highest bidder lacks it tho

i dont like trump but he is preaching isolationism which is what we need

You know what's worse, people who don't understand innocent until proven guilty...

What are your thoughts on O.J. Simpson, a man that was proven innocent?

Cruz's lower flat tax is possibly the best way to get money back in the system. Trump's on his website was pretty solid until he started changing positions every 5 minutes. We don't need equality of outcomew, but equality of opportunity. Thats called freedom and independence. Overly religious matters little; Cruz is more libertarian than most candidates and is all for lesser government and more independent state control.

His philosophy and constant catchphrase has been him declaring the "unfairness" of the 1% owning 50% of the wealth. That's like saying its unfair that Congress isn't 50/50 female and male. The point is those who do the best succeed, and inequality is a product of human nature and people's ability. That's capitalism. The system you're describing where having money means you're above the law is corporatism, not capitalism. Besides, the VAST majority of business are small business owners. They're not all this entity that is out to actively screw people over; in fact, if we actually had a free market, screwing people over would be impossible because big government would not have the ability to bail out or subsidize businesses.

Bernie is advocating more social programs for what he considers basic human rights, like education and health care, or what you say "should not be business anyway". Where do you draw that line, then? You're making a subjective claim and because that distinction is so vague, you're giving a government the authority to deem what is and is not a right and tax and pay for those "rights" accordingly. The only clear cut cases of what rights the government can enforce are in the constitution and it's amendments. Nowhere does that say that the federal government must have a role in education or healthcare, which makes them free to the forces of the private sector.

The economic authoritarianism of his progressive tax is just making us all lose money. Not only is it immoral, but you're restricting the people's ability to control their business and work within restrictions to make ends meet. The free market and flat tax puts more money in the system by making competition paramount and skill being required to make a good living. The minimum wage increase is not how you improve employee's wages; all you're doing is increasing spending cost and, because of percieved value, just making the dollar worth less because people won't immediately value a fry cook more after this change.

*sigh* the problem is that criticizing Bernie makes me upset, because he's like the most honest politician we've had in a long ass time. Unfortunately, that honesty is less important than the policies he's promoting. Sucky ass situation.

Bit rambly, but I'm tired and just woke up. Hope I made some points in there without getting excessively off topic.

you and i look at things fundamentally differently so im not going to write some wall of text and argue with you for the rest of time, also its off topic anyway technically. like i said though, im not the guy who thought sanders was perfect, and im well aware of the inconsistencies in his plans on an economic level, im not so much standing up for him as i am standing up for progressivism in general, this is why i can reach Krugmans analysis on his tax plan and be like "oh ok so its got holes", i know he actually agrees with things like raising minimum wage and higher taxes for higher income americans so its not exactly him being biased.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do people really not understand that "Mexican" is not a race? Are people this stupid???

Paul Ryan, Hillary Clinton and every other shill calling Trump racist are the textbook definition of stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Do people really not understand that "Mexican" is not a race? Are people this stupid???

Paul Ryan, Hillary Clinton and every other shill calling Trump racist are the textbook definition of stupid.

Exactly. It was just a fucking stupid thing to say.

Instead of attacking the guy based on his involvement with immigrant rights group, THE EASIEST THING HE COULD HAVE DONE, he went for what he looked like. The hell?

lol I mean I don't like Hilldawg any more than you do, but just cause Mexican isn't technically a race doesn't mean people won't interpret what he said as racist. And we've gone over this, the only reason Paul Ryan called it racist is because he's a politician looking to also get re elected. 

wew lad and if it were a republican i am sure you would have the same stance. really good example of what is wrong with american politics.

If people have to assume something about me to try and make a point then I guess they don't have an actual good rebuttal. 

Thanks.

What are your thoughts on O.J. Simpson, a man that was proven innocent?

Probably not the place for this conversation, but he wasn't proven guilty just like a bunch of other people the general public thought should have been charged. 

From what we were lead to believe he probably should have been charged and I realize sometimes the system can fail. That case was butchered in a lot of ways by the prosecutors and isn't comparable because Clinton hasn't even got to that point. If she is charged and goes to trial we can start comparing them.

In this case, they haven't even brought ANY charges to the table, so we can't even begin to discuss what she might be guilty of outside of pure speculation. 

Exactly. It was just a fucking stupid thing to say.

Instead of attacking the guy based on his involvement with immigrant rights group, THE EASIEST THING HE COULD HAVE DONE, he went for what he looked like. The hell?

I have to agree TBH. Even if what he says is true a president should be able to refrain. Its still funny to see so many people get butt hurt.

lol I mean I don't like Hilldawg any more than you do, but just cause Mexican isn't technically a race doesn't mean people won't interpret what he said as racist. And we've gone over this, the only reason Paul Ryan called it racist is because he's a politician looking to also get re elected.

However people are getting sick of everything said and done by a republican labeled as "racist" . Its Fucking dumb. Especially when Muslim and Mexican are not even races.

Trump is a loud mouth and probably an asshole, but I don't think he is racist. His tax plan literally won't work, and I don't think a wall will fix immigration. Its much more complicated than a physical barrier that people will find a way around. I think the wall thing is just a way to acknowledge the problem and pull in the less informed and angry American electorate.

Still a better choice than Hillary.

However people are getting sick of everything said and done by a republican labeled as "racist" . Its Fucking dumb. Especially when Muslim and Mexican are not even races.

The correct thing to do would be to call them xenophobists instead of racists. Which is just as bad.

In this case, they haven't even brought ANY charges to the table, so we can't even begin to discuss what she might be guilty of outside of pure speculation. 

is that why i can go on wikileaks and view 30k of her emails from her time as sectary of state?

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/

she is toast dude, the noose is already around her neck

can you guess who the most corrupt politician of 2015 was?

is that why i can go on wikileaks and view 30k of her emails from her time as sectary of state?

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/

she is toast dude, the noose is already around her neck

can you guess who the most corrupt politician of 2015 was?

She has commited more crimes than this bud, still not in prison

I won't hold my breath for an indictment but am praying really hard

I think people just get mad when trump shouts USA because he's a nationalist, unless they really are stupid fucks and have a problem with general content for ones home country at all.

And now we watch everybody use a mass shooting of over 100 people as a political weapon

FTFY

The amount of "we need to rethink our gun control laws" shit on my timeline is infuriating.

We need more concealed weapons and no gun free zones. Makes no sense to disarm the innocent and assume criminals will follow the law. Absurd.

We need more concealed weapons and no gun free zones. Makes no sense to disarm the innocent and assume criminals will follow the law. Absurd.

Combat deadly weapons with more deadly weapons. Yes this makes perfect sense.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Combat deadly weapons with more deadly weapons. Yes this makes perfect sense.

Actually it does. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How many mass shooting have taken place at gun shows or NRA meetings?

Exactly.

• Upvote (+1) 1