EagleBurn

2016 Election Thread

Ben Carson is pretty stupid, I mean it's not like he's a brain surgeon or anything...

And you're not at all concerned by the notion that someone can be brain surgeon and simultaneously reject a literal fact of biology? I wouldn't let that fucking dip-shit anywhere near my skull.

Ah yes, that hopelessly deadlocked Congress that Trump has to worry about. 

you really think all GOP senators would pass that? really makes me think

Do u argue to discuss stuff or do u argue so you can 'win'? Serious question cause i've never seen you concede a point in my life it's pretty  remarkable.

it's pretty fucking rare for every single member of congress to unanimously vote on ANYTHING, and we're talking about privatizing social security for fuck's sake.

Actually thinking that social security is going to get privatized is pure bi partizan hysteria and a liberal equivalent of 'obama is going to take our gunz away'

• Upvote (+1) 2

anyone belongs here but being gay isn't a choice bro.

The negs for my opinion are indicative of the intolerance here for people like me. If someone says homosexuality is a choice I am tolerant enough not to neg them. I don't even push my views on someone who posts that. But people here are quick to neg an opinion they hold sacred.

There really is a deep intolerance here.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

The negs for my opinion are indicative of the intolerance here for people like me. If someone says homosexuality is a choice I am tolerant enough not to neg them. I do even push my views on someone who posts that. But people here are quick to neg an opinion they hold sacred.

the thing is homosexuality not being a choice isnt an opinion;...

• Upvote (+1) 1

The negs for my opinion are indicative of the intolerance here for people like me. If someone says homosexuality is a choice I am tolerant enough not to neg them. I do even push my views on someone who posts that. But people here are quick to neg an opinion they hold sacred.

That's not an opinion. This is like saying that the Sun being the center of the galaxy is an opinion.

There's a difference between facts and opinions.

No one has to tolerate ignorance.

Lemon is an excellent example of ignorance. Yet I don't go negging his posts.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

it's pretty fucking rare for every single member of congress to unanimously vote on ANYTHING, and we're talking about privatizing social security for fuck's sake.

Actually thinking that social security is going to get privatized is pure bi partizan hysteria and a liberal equivalent of 'obama is going to take our gunz away'

they key difference is clear. privatization of social security has been an actual proposition while no sitting democratic president has outright tried to pass something that takes guns away from everyone.

The negs for my opinion are indicative of the intolerance here for people like me. If someone says homosexuality is a choice I am tolerant enough not to neg them. I don't even push my views on someone who posts that. But people here are quick to neg an opinion they hold sacred.

opinions aren't bullet proof vests from criticism and opinions can be ridiculously stupid. your stance on homosexuality is stupid.

opinions aren't bullet proof vests from criticism and opinions can be ridiculously stupid. your stance on homosexuality is stupid.

I realize you guys think this of me. I think the same of you. But I don't neg you for it. I try to remain tolerant of others. That is the fact I am talking about. Not what you think of me but how you treat me when I say something you don't like.

• Downvote (-1) 7

Alright. You guys had a good run. Trump won. 

Start a general politics thread if you'd like, but this thing has run its course.