EagleBurn

2016 Election Thread

Name one of Mike Pence's policies without using Google.

No. I'm drinking and celebrating. Pence has shown me nothing but professionalism, being genuine, and sharp. Obviously he agrees with Trump enough to run with him.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

not a trump supporter. you just sound salty.

Damn dude, never though I'd upvote you. I still love Lemon though. Dude has written some of the best shit I've ever read, in the Halo forums.

Trump won't get any support.

Trump won't win a state.

Trump won't get anymore states after New Hampshire.

Trump won't get passed 35%

Trump won't be the front runner for long.

Trump will lose to Cruz after Wisconsin.

Trump won't get to 1,237 delegates.

Trump will lose in a contested convention.

Trump won't be the Republican nominee.

Trump can't beat Hillary Clinton.

Trump won't win the election.

Trump won't be the president - elect. <----- We are here

Trump won't be president.

Trump won't get Mexico to pay for the wall.

Trump won't create jobs.

Trump won't Make America Great Again.

I don't get Podesta. He sounded like they were going to challenge the vote counts. But then she calls to concede.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

I knew trump would say nice things about Hillary, lol to anyone who actually thinks she was gonna get arrested if he won.

• Upvote (+1) 3

He's anti-gay, anti-Roe v. Wade, anti-environment, believes that smoking doesn't cause cancer, and believes in conversion therapy.

So yeah, I mean...a great running mate for Trump, no doubt. 

Nobody is perfect. He's better than most establishment politicians as far as I can tell. Overall, I like his morals and values. He's just a sharp, genuine guy.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Nobody is perfect. He's better than most establishment politicians as far as I can tell. Overall, I like his morals and values. He's just a sharp, genuine guy.

dude. c'mon. no.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Pence is a backwards idiot who doesn't know what a scientific theory is.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Listening to the Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What you Want on repeat with a huge smile on my face:)

Name one of Mike Pence's policies without using Google.

I can name zero. But then again I can't name a single thing any VP has done ever. I'll accept that makes me ignorant.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, the left in the US bears no small part of responsibility for the rise of Trump. They failed to acknowledge the core appeal of his campaign, failed to acknowledge him as a valid threat, and failed to nominate a candidate that was anything but a corrupt, establishment career politician with no charisma whatsoever. All of those jokes at the expense of Trump and in particular his supporters probably don't seem so funny now. The Bush presidency was a similar situation: a complete failure to recognize the core values to which he appeals in favor of mockery and disdain. And we got 8 years of Bush. Well, working class Americans may not have college degrees, but they can legally vote and obviously did. I hope progressives won't be whining about this "victory for bigotry and hate" for the entire term and actually honestly reflect on what happened here.

​That said, Trump is a buffoon and I sure as hell didn't vote for him (or Clinton).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey fellas! What was planned an voting day party turned into an ER trip for me. A disease I have decided to have a random flair up. But just like Trump, I'm as strong as ever now! I wished I could have joined you guys in the discussion. The OP has been updated. Actually, I didn't updated this. The people of the greatest country on Earth did.

The 45th President-elect of the United States of America!

president-donald-trump.jpg

Below are the fallen!

NHTLeF.png

soVAXB.png      PN9Eol.png      KIHu2D.png      I0PGtr.png      AFVRxN.png      2Tp4Vv.png      YQLJPi.png      EIjnZH.png      ULhfF5.png

Stay nice. Stay true. We live in the melting pot that accepts all opinions, that's what makes America strong. Debates represent intelligence, insults represent treason. Uphold your American pride in this thread by respecting the opinions around you. If you break this sacred American tradition, you will automatically be labeled a member of ISIS and be dealt with by the mods so the thread doesn't get locked. That's how it should be!

• Upvote (+1) 3

But the polls!!!????

On the bright side, SNL will be entertaining again at least for 4 years.

No kidding. And the South Park episode tonight should be fucking golden.

The difference is that one of these candidates said that stuff on campaign trail.

I thought the difference was that one of them was a lying criminal that is literally dying in front of us? But that's the beauty of our country, opinion diversity!

I think this thread should remain open for the rest of the week. I think it may get interesting.

This thread has stayed surprisingly civil or our beautiful mods are doing a good job. It might be both! After a few weeks, I will gladly change the OP and ask the mods to change the title to maintain this thread as a general politics thread. Like America, this thread has a future ahead of it!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Democracy wins again. The people have spoken. This has been such a historic election, we've lived through it folks.

MAGA!! What a glorious morning! And i almost spit out my coffee when the news reported that hrc didn't even have the humanity to go out on stage to her supporters and tell them it was a hard fought battle.... like seriously, if trump lost and didn't show, it would be a shitstorm. hrc is so pathetic...

I hated Hillary with a passion however I'm not particularly confident in Trump so this is bittersweet for me. Watch for a fed rate hike as Obama leaves.

I'm genuinely interested why would one vote for Trump? I'm not criticizing you're choice but aside the somewhat atrocious things he has said, to me lowering the taxes across the board makes zero sense, at least if you're trying to make your country more equal. As a welfare state taxation is one of the main sources of government income. At least here in Northern Europe average citizens pay 30-60% taxes, as the taxation increases progressively with your income. With this we get free education, free healthcare and a bunch of benefits + I would say our well being is guaranteed no matter what. Sure you have to work hard to get a really good life, but with the help of the social security system you have the means to do that even with a poor background. 

Clinton was by no means the "best" choice what I've seen, but the things she pushed for were way better rationalized and were desperately needed, IMO. But anyhow, now it's interesting to see what will Trump actually do with all the promises. Maybe he'll do great, I sure hope so. 

I'm genuinely interested why would one vote for Trump? I'm not criticizing you're choice but aside the somewhat atrocious things he has said, to me lowering the taxes across the board makes zero sense, at least if you're trying to make your country more equal. As a welfare state taxation is one of the main sources of government income. At least here in Northern Europe average citizens pay 30-60% taxes, as the taxation increases progressively with your income. With this we get free education, free healthcare and a bunch of benefits + I would say our well being is guaranteed no matter what. Sure you have to work hard to get a really good life, but with the help of the social security system you have the means to do that even with a poor background.

Clinton was by no means the "best" choice what I've seen, but the things she pushed for were way better rationalized and were desperately needed, IMO. But anyhow, now it's interesting to see what will Trump actually do with all the promises. Maybe he'll do great, I sure hope so.

all of what you said... no ty, dont wanr any of that garbage in the US.

People have a right to make their own money and take care of themselves without some charity pot that basically forces you to contribute to.

• Upvote (+1) 2