Sign in to follow this  
Ptolemaios

Halo 2 Vista Multiplayer Back Online + FIXED - Project Cartographer

snip

damn that sounds sick as fuck. the only thing I dont like is the nade stuff bc i feel like it would be hard to transition between the two.

The mod, which I have a rough version of working on OG, is a bunch of tweaks to make the game play more like Halo 1.

Here are some of the changes I've already got working:

• BR is 3 shot kill
  • BR and Snipe use Projectile bullets instead of Hitscan, so you need to lead your shots

Projectiles are pretty dicey in online play, especially a platform that's as unstable (as far as I can recall) as Halo 2 Vista.  Coupled with a 3 round burst this could be even more frustrating.  But is it a single shot BR?  All things considered though, very cool stuff.  If you can get a dedicated server up I'd be interested in having a go.

Halo 2 vista is shit.

Pkmn_Mstr_Kyle with Sword Art Online avatar represent.

Hootspa I want to try this, mod sounds good. First gotta get a modded Xbox. Still have all the games.    

On 6/20/2016 at 3:57 AM, Lateksi said:

Hootspa I want to try this, mod sounds good. First gotta get a modded Xbox. Still have all the games.    

With the extended options we'll be putting into the mod itself you'll be able to integrate these dynamically via a game type rather then requiring a actual map modification we can poke it into memory at specific points in time based on settings/script files that wil belong to the mod.

Sort of the same way that we're able to dynamically introduce gungame when a specific game type is loaded or how zombies will be, this won't be until a future version past v0.2.1 but it will come and we'll release various guides on how it works.

Magnum buff? Remove dual-wielding? Remove super weapons? Remove the SMG recoil? The possibilities are endless, I hope this pans out.

Magnum buff? Remove dual-wielding? Remove super weapons? Remove the SMG recoil? The possibilities are endless, I hope this pans out.

These are great changes as well. Especially the super weapons thing. I dream of competitive h2 with actual static timers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you end up getting a modded xbox, I'll send you the modded map! I think people would really like it if they gave it a chance!

Projectiles are pretty dicey in online play, especially a platform that's as unstable (as far as I can recall) as Halo 2 Vista.  Coupled with a 3 round burst this could be even more frustrating.  But is it a single shot BR?  All things considered though, very cool stuff.  If you can get a dedicated server up I'd be interested in having a go.

The BR is still a 3 shot burst. I understand what you mean. From my experience playing it on kai, it's worth it. From what I've seen, as long as you can lead your shots properly, you will hit your target. Crossmapping people is pretty difficult, but it is possible. I think it's nearly perfect, because it's relatively easy to crossmap noobs, but hard to crossmap good players. That's the golden standard in my book. On xbox, the shot reg is pretty consistent. H2Online shot reg is pretty consistent, so I'm hoping this will stay true for the PC version. 

damn that sounds sick as fuck. the only thing I dont like is the nade stuff bc i feel like it would be hard to transition between the two.

I know. It honestly plays really good. Definitely needs some more balancing, but I believe the potential is there.

And  you are correct, transitioning between the grenades is difficult, but to be honest I think it's just because default h2 grenade physics are trash. Once you get used to the updated grenades, and you play default, you're like "wtf is this shit?".

So I just literally cannot join any match. It starts connecting and then fails "try again later". I already re-downloaded the xlive dlls and turned off my firewall. Any advice?

On 6/24/2016 at 4:12 PM, Basu said:

So I just literally cannot join any match. It starts connecting and then fails "try again later". I already re-downloaded the xlive dlls and turned off my firewall. Any advice?

Beyond that you *could* try forwarding your ports in your router, random question is do you happen to have a xbox 360/xbox one on your network?

They're both not connected to the network. I'll go for a full reinstall of H2V and then check back. Thanks

Where i can get download of this patch, i have little problerm with mouse speed but bigger with speedup game AND COOKING CPU

my pc

MOTHERBOARD  GA-B85M-D3H Intel B85 LGA 1150 mATX (2xPCX/VGA/DZW/GLAN/SATA3/USB3/DDR3/CROSSFIRE) - GA-B85M-D3H       

VGA MSI GTX 770, 2GB DDR5 (256 Bit), HDMI, DP, DVI GTX770 - (N770 TF 2GD5/OC)                   

CPUIntel Core i5-4440 (6M Cache, do 3.30 GHz) BOX BX80646I54440                               

HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue, 3.5'', 500GB, SATA III, 7200RPM (WD5000AAKX)                      

RAMGoodRam DDR3 8 GB 1333MHZ GR1333D364L9/8G                     //x2                   

POWER VS 550W ATX 120mm wentylator, EU version (CP-9020050-EU)                      

COVER SilentiumPC Brutus M23 Pure Black SPC090      

OS W7HP+SPX

Like Halo 1 PC earlier this week, got everything set up on my BootCamp Partition and played some games yesterday. H2V plays great with my Elite controller and Dedicated Servers are a great plus. One thing that stood out to me compared to MCC H2C was ALL MY SHOTS LANDED. All these things were enough for me to keep playing. I joined the Discord and will definitely be sticking around. I'll be back for games after Finals are over

It is awesome to see H1PC and H2V evolving like they are thanks to GMYF and Project Cartographer

• Upvote (+1) 3

You're so braindead it's not even funny. First, if you think I'm lying about the population, why don't you go and fucking see for yourself? And what proof do you have? You already said you weren't going to download the game in your previous post so I'm assuming that a dumb fuck like you has no idea what he's talking about.

Second, how am I misleading people about the "quality"? Every feature that I listed on the original post works as written. There have been countless posts on this thread PROVING that this project has increased the quality of the game. 

Third, who the fuck are you? Everybody has shit on you on this forum, why are you EVEN HERE? You are the unwanted garbage of teambeyond that keeps coming back to spread his cancerous posts. I'm disgusted that I have to share this forum with filth like you. 

Triggering intensifies, bro. I just think its dumb. Would be better to THINK about some type of strategy to get Halo 2 Vista to blow up instead of putting your soul into getting a few people to install it. We live in the times of the internet where you have access to millions of people and viewers -- the era of killer apps and things "going viral". Maybe that would involve creating a really slick web app hosted in non NATO/DMCA compliant countries that did everything for you. But then they would extradite you to redmond, right?

Im just saying that many people have been down that road before. I think it would make more sense to invest time into something meaningful.

Sorry for triggering you i guess.

Triggering intensifies, bro. I just think its dumb. Would be better to THINK about some type of strategy to get Halo 2 Vista to blow up instead of putting your soul into getting a few people to install it. We live in the times of the internet where you have access to millions of people and viewers -- the era of killer apps and things "going viral". Maybe that would involve creating a really slick web app hosted in non NATO/DMCA compliant countries that did everything for you. But then they would extradite you to redmond, right?

Im just saying that many people have been down that road before. I think it would make more sense to invest time into something meaningful.

Sorry for triggering you i guess.

I think we all just need to

chillout.jpg

In other news, playing on the Damnation port in Halo 2 is a strange experience. Being able to jump from Sniper to bottom middle without risking a huge fall damage penalty just feels sinful.

• Upvote (+1) 1