Sign in to follow this  
Ptolemaios

Halo 2 Vista Multiplayer Back Online + FIXED - Project Cartographer

I am definitely gonna check this out, thank you and everyone who works on this so much for helping the Halo community out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

DO NOT DOWNLOAD the NoSTEAM version

This cannot be emphasized enough. 

But yeah, Halo PC and Halo 2 Vista are both becoming viable options for multiplayer, and its awesome to watch them develop.

:weback:

Fucking works fantastic! PCMR all the way!!! 

Anyone know how to install the FOV change?

I'm glad you like how it currently functions,

To be clear about the project it's been on going for almost a year now and has just recently been released to the public.

It's still in an alpha stage but it completely removes GFWL which is why latency is reduced not due to using the network browser as Ptol has mentioned.

While it's in an alpha stage it's quite stable but there are times we will need to restart the master servers we're constantly working on a move to Beta V0.3,

What Beta v0.3 will have to offer:

• Improved network code on Project Cartographer, hopefully reducing or eliminating join-lag and making the joining of games faster over all.

• Improved server list system, there are some stability issues with the current server list causing servers to disappear randomly.

• Custom Game Types which are playable on specific servers ( GunGame, Infection, and others )... and what I mean by this is infection will play the sounds when you're infected it will remove the human weapon from your inventory and only give you a sword and etc.

• Integrated in-game voice-chat, (Thanks Rude Yoshi a dev we've had recently join us who has been working on this) Yes Voice chat is coming back to H2V.

• Map Downloading, Latency Tracking, Embedded news, Ranks, and more to come.

More info on the upcoming update can be found here: http://www.h2v.online

Thanks for showing appreciation guys, this project has been pretty lonely starting out and had little to no interest in other places as far as players wanting it to happen.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Here is the FOV changer I use. H2V's viewmodels don't align perfectly with the expanded FOV, but outside of that it works pretty well.

I'm glad you like how it currently functions,

To be clear about the project it's been on going for almost a year now and has just recently been released to the public.

It's still in an alpha stage but it completely removes GFWL which is why latency is reduced not due to using the network browser as Ptol has mentioned.

While it's in an alpha stage it's quite stable but there are times we will need to restart the master servers we're constantly working on a move to Beta V0.3,

What Beta v0.3 will have to offer:

• Improved network code on Project Cartographer, hopefully reducing or eliminating join-lag and making the joining of games faster over all.

• Improved server list system, there are some stability issues with the current server list causing servers to disappear randomly.

• Custom Game Types which are playable on specific servers ( GunGame, Infection, and others )... and what I mean by this is infection will play the sounds when you're infected it will remove the human weapon from your inventory and only give you a sword and etc.

• Integrated in-game voice-chat, (Thanks Rude Yoshi a dev we've had recently join us who has been working on this) Yes Voice chat is coming back to H2V.

• Map Downloading, Latency Tracking, Embedded news, Ranks, and more to come.

Thanks for showing appreciation guys, this project has been pretty lonely starting out and had little to no interest in other places as far as players wanting it to happen.

Your work isn't going unnoticed Perma, and I feel like as the project progresses along it'll start garnering even more attention.

Here is the official page for the FOV changer as well as the mouse input fix (it's bundled in the same program): https://github.com/sndrec/MouseThingy/releases

There is also a second updated version which auto-detects the halo2.exe process, saving some time, but they both work the same way: https://github.com/Revan114/MouseThingy/releases

To use (these directions are for the FIRST link): 

1. Download the MouseThingy 

2. Run as admin AFTER you open Halo 2

3. Find the halo2 process and select it

4. Select your desired FOV, crosshair offset, and Mouse Sensitivity (you have the option to pick both VERTICAL and HORIZONTAL)

5. Click ACTIVATE and the changes should take effect in game

FAQ

My MouseThingy crashes/stops working after I click activate?

Sometimes that happens, just reopen it and follow the directions

Will the default options for Mouse Sensitivity affect me if i'm using a controller? 

The Mouse Sensitivity only applies to mouse inputs not controllers so it will not affect you.

I just want to edit one aspect of the game (For example: I just want to change FOV not mouse sensitivity or crosshair offset), how do I do that without changing the other settings?

The values that are in place when the program first opens are the DEFAULT values for Halo 2, as long as you don't change them, nothing will happen. So you can just change the FOV and leave the other options the same, the same rule applies for the other options. 

How come my settings didn't save?

You must run the MouseThingy tool every time you open Halo 2, this is easier with the updated version since it auto detects the process and allows you to add a hotkey.

• Upvote (+1) 2

this is fantastic, ive thoroughly been enjoying playing h2 this past week. i appreciate all your hard work getting the game back up. i am having trouble getting duranzo to remap my controls, is there anyway you can elaborate on how to remap the controller using duranzo? 

this is fantastic, ive thoroughly been enjoying playing h2 this past week. i appreciate all your hard work getting the game back up. i am having trouble getting duranzo to remap my controls, is there anyway you can elaborate on how to remap the controller using duranzo? 

You need to use xinput9_1_0.dll instead of the xinput1_3.dll that comes with Duranzo. Halo 2 only recognizes xinput version 9_1_0 (idk why, it should theoretically use both).

Here is a download for xinput9_1_0.dll: http://www.filedropper.com/xinput910 (File is virus free, disregard Chrome's "harmful file" message)

Place it in your Halo 2 install directory. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a question,  I saw Map Downloading, does that mean custom maps that users have created like a forge.  IF so is there a possibility of a user creating a halo 3 map and bringing it to halo 2.

I have a question,  I saw Map Downloading, does that mean custom maps that users have created like a forge.  IF so is there a possibility of a user creating a halo 3 map and bringing it to halo 2.

That is only referring to maps that have been made within Halo 2 Vista's map editing tools like Sapien and Guerrilla, so you cannot  port or convert a forge map from Halo 3 into Halo 2 Vista in a literal sense, although with enough effort you could possibly remake the map from scratch from within H2V's tools. 

Like LingLing said you cannot just "bring" a Halo 3 Map to Halo 2 PC. However, you could REMAKE said map using the Halo 2 map tools available on halo2vista.com (Go to the H2MT tab, stands for Halo 2 Map Team). Also, if you explore the Halo 2 forums, you'll see that they are already many accurate and successful remakes of Halo 3 maps that have already been made. In the next update, we are going to enable in game map downloading, making it easier for everyone to play custom maps. Because right now, if you host a game with a custom map, nobody will be able to join unless they have that map (most likely they won't). 

Anyone else have this problem? When I try to join a game it tells me I have a different version of the game. I followed the instructions and in the top left it says I'm using v0.2a of Project Cartographer.

About how many players are on at a given time?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else have this problem? When I try to join a game it tells me I have a different version of the game. I followed the instructions and in the top left it says I'm using v0.2a of Project Cartographer.

Update your copy of Halo 2 to the latest version

Here is the latest update for Halo 2 Vista: http://h2v.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2232 ( Run as admin)

To verify that Halo 2 has the latest update by going to the Main Menu > then Settings > About.  The version should be 1.0.4.129

If your problem still has not been solved, come to our Discord (if you don't have Discord, it is also available through a web browser): https://discordapp.com/invite/0TKY0SDEUHAWL4sG#discord

About how many players are on at a given time?

The max amount of players that I've seen on a given time are around 45. But usually the number of online players fluctuates between 20-40. However, unlike MCC you don't have to wait for matchmaking since we are using dedicated servers, you can jump right ingame. 

Update your copy of Halo 2 to the latest version

Here is the latest update for Halo 2 Vista: http://h2v.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2232 ( Run as admin)

To verify that Halo 2 has the latest update by going to the Main Menu > then Settings > About.  The version should be 1.0.4.129

If your problem still has not been solved, come to our Discord (if you don't have Discord, it is also available through a web browser): https://discordapp.com/invite/0TKY0SDEUHAWL4sG#discord

The max amount of players that I've seen on a given time are around 45. But usually the number of online players fluctuates between 20-40. However, unlike MCC you don't have to wait for matchmaking since we are using dedicated servers, you can jump right ingame. 

If you can fix the team spawns to be more like the OG 1.5 update then that would definitely make some people want to play it! Right now the spawns on H2C mcc are a clusterfuck :( and it was like that when i played h2v.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you can fix the team spawns to be more like the OG 1.5 update then that would definitely make some people want to play it! Right now the spawns on H2C mcc are a clusterfuck :( and it was like that when i played h2v.

Yeah I know what you mean. That's in our to-do list after we enable Ranks, Voice Chat and In Game Map Downloads. It can definitely be done, it's just a matter of prioritizing the main features that need to be added right now. Most likely within the next month, the spawn points will be fixed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just played a game, it was kinda laggy, but damn the higher FoV and reticle being in the middle was so nice! 

Aiming felt a little inconstant though, I was using the Halo 2 fixer upper tool btw. 

I remember watching OGRE2 play TMCC Halo 2 and complaining about some problems with it. What are the official problems? Obviously its fully updated with all the maps but I remember hearing him mention a registration issue with weapons.

TMCC may be a pos and I'm really happy that this has been released, but I'm afraid that it probably wont have the same effect that something like the new open source Brood War client that they announced on TL last week. While my 3 Halo friends and I, who abandoned consoles in 2011, would probably love to play some Halo 2 Vista in this client, I know most of you people and hardcore community from the USA (only viable ping) mostly own Xboxes and will just play the game on your 60fps potatos instead of populating this.

That being said sign me up ill check it out next weekend.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You need to use xinput9_1_0.dll instead of the xinput1_3.dll that comes with Duranzo. Halo 2 only recognizes xinput version 9_1_0 (idk why, it should theoretically use both).

Here is a download for xinput9_1_0.dll: http://www.filedropper.com/xinput910 (File is virus free, disregard Chrome's "harmful file" message)

Place it in your Halo 2 install directory. 

aaaaaand, its still a dumb hack. sorry but any mention of DLLs or client hacking (even if its only for controller support) means that this audience will not populate the game.

sad to say but I hear overwatch is fun

• Downvote (-1) 2

Just played a game, it was kinda laggy, but damn the higher FoV and reticle being in the middle was so nice! 

Aiming felt a little inconstant though, I was using the Halo 2 fixer upper tool btw. 

The lag is caused from the number of Colombians playing on our servers. We plan to block them in the future. Also, if you're using the Halo 2 Fixer Upper, it shouldn't affect your controller's aim, but thank you for the feedback. 

aaaaaand, its still a dumb hack. sorry but any mention of DLLs or client hacking (even if its only for controller support) means that this audience will not populate the game.

sad to say but I hear overwatch is fun

Judging from your profile, I doubt that you represent "this audience" or even this community haha.