iWatty

Top 10 Halo Players of All Time

Well if I remember correctly, SK teamed with Neighbor on Triggers Down who also didn't show to be that good at H2, or at least not nearly as good as he was in H3. 

People say Snipedown was around in H2 but I don't remember that.

it was so long ago, but i believe in 07 he was on the agency with victory and mackeo. i think that was the third best team. i just feel like he was better at h2 individual wise. i remember in like 05 or early 06, before they were known players i had played him in neighbor in 2v2's like ten games straight and i dont think that we broke 30 against them, i got so mad i just turned off my xbox kek

snipedown just played online in h2 he pissed everyone off cause he would take a shit on current pros in customs, and he would get these absurd hit percentages in ffa's, like 70%+, cause he didn't bother shooting anyone unless he thought he could get the kill. a lot of people tried to copy his style it was unique, because the regular way to play was to put out as many shots as possible like 1400+, he would do like half that.

i like this thread a lot, i haven't thought about halo in years

• Upvote (+1) 3

There are plenty of players who have not cut it in certain games. Look at SK and Hysteria in Halo 2, they were middling players the whole time, until H3 came around and suddenly they were unholy good. Similarly, Karma and Walshy fell off in H3 and only managed to get back to the finals once for each of them.

Pistola is an example of a player who didn't compete in H1 because he was too young and didn't make it in H2 4s because he couldn't land a team, but both has the stats and passes the eye test of someone who deserves to be in the top 10 regardless.

I don't think you are correct with regards walshy, he won the first halo 3 event, and then I think he made the finals at least once more with Instinct. 

(1)Ogre 2 - His placings say it all - none cannot put this guy number 1

(2)Pistola - Has been considered a top 5 player (if not the best) across three separate halo titles

(3)Walshy - Accomplished so much in his halo career.

(4)Ogre 1 - only reason he is not higher is soley due to longevity of his career.

(5)Roy - same reason as Pistola, he has been on at least a top 4 team ever since halo 2 and has been considered one of the best players for the majority of that time.

(6)T2 - Cannot ignore this man, he transformed the image of a gamer, he was dominant across three titles (the penicule of halo) and even placed second in a reach event.

(7)LBX - look above at roy

(8) Ace - Since really coming onto the scene in 09, this man has always been relevant i.e never really dropped out of the top 8. He was on a to4 team all of 09, won an event in reach, won halo 4 global champs as well as the most prestigious AGL event and is currently on what is perceived to be on a top 4 team in halo 5. He has been so consistent.

(9) Lethul - Now before people bite my head off let me explain, Lethul recently was announced to be the person who has won the most money in console e-sports history over taking karma for a brief period. He may be a reach kid but has been dominant since he has been on the scene, He defeated the god squad in reach, was on a god squad in MCC and is on another in Halo 5. Money talks and lethul has earned more than pro's that have been competing for far longer than he has.

(10) Naded - I pondered this one for a seriously long time, but you cannot ignore the longevity of this man's career and the success he continues to find. He has placed in the top 3 in every single halo since he started competing that is 6 halo games, which is bonkers to think about, I mean he has been competing for so long and still continues to see success. The reason he is tenth and I had to ponder is because he has yet to secure his first event win.

Edit I placed alot of emphasis on the longevity of a players career, as to be the best halo player, you can't just be dominant in one game in my opinion, you have had to place well across multiple titles and have been somewhat consistent.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ogre 2, Pistola, Roy/Lunchbox, Walshy, Snipedown, Naded, T2, Strongside, Ghandi

Tough list to make.

• Upvote (+1) 1

(8) Ace - Since really coming onto the scene in 09, this man has always been relevant i.e never really dropped out of the top 8. He was on a to4 team all of 09, won an event in reach, won halo 4 global champs as well as the most prestigious AGL event and is currently on what is perceived to be on a top 4 team in halo 5. He has been so consistent.

Really curious what made you put ace ahead of people like karma and snipedown.  

No offense to ace, but he's not top 10 material.  He's not even the best in his family.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think you are correct with regards walshy, he won the first halo 3 event, and then I think he made the finals at least once more with Instinct. 

That's what I meant, after they won the first event Walshy only got back to the finals at Toronto I believe. 

it was so long ago, but i believe in 07 he was on the agency with victory and mackeo. 

Isn't that when Mackeo made the worst team decision in history and dropped Naded or whatever? 

It was supposed to be "FBI The Apocalypse". 

I didn't follow pro H1 that much, but from what I understand Ogre 1 was in contention for best player, won 4v4 tournaments, and never lost a 2v2 tournament with his brother.

In H2, he was in contention for best player for at least part of the game, won the the first and last national championships of the game (the last of which his team won without dropping a game, which is especially impressive in what should be the most difficult H2 tournament), never placed outside of the top 2 in 4v4, and was a part of the biggest winning streak in Halo history (I think). That's team and individual dominance in what most people on this website would consider the two best halo games.

In H3, he won the first tournament, which is as much as Roy, Lunchbox, and Snipedown (who many in this thread rank higher than ogre 1) have done in H5. After that, I think he had a 7th place finish or something and then didn't finish out of the top 4 until he retired (other than a tournament that he attended with a joke team).

That's huge success across 3 games that many would argue are the best of the franchise. How people have him at anything below 3rd is beyond me.

Yes you are right Ogre 1 was part of the longest winning streak in competitive Halo history from 2004-2006.  And I agree Ogre 1 is still top 3 IMO.

lethul and royal 2 over ogre1 LMAOOO...just stop. also elamite over walshy like is u dumb or nah?

No need for name calling.  I do 100% agree with you but maybe explain why you don't see his list as valid?

For people dismissing LethuL/Snakebite. Who's to say that these players wouldnt have won tournaments in H1/H2? I feel like they are dismissed due to them not being pro in these games yet they werent even old enough to be relevant during their releases. As for my top 10: Orges, Roybox, Ola, Snipedown, Walshy, Karma, Lethul and Snakebite.  

No one is dismissing these players at all.  But you can't rank them based on what they could have done, only on what they actually have achieved.  That logic does not make any sense in a debate like this.

Roy has won events in H2A and H5 where as Pistola has fallen off and only placed top 2 once in those two titles. That was the tie breaker for me. 

Royal 2 has been the best player in the last two titles and is one of the best individual performers I have ever seen in Halo. I would have no problem with the two you mentioned over him though. 

I penalize Walshy for falling off heavily starting in Halo 3. He only had event wins in two titles I also never considered him the best player in the game or his own team at any point of time, which puts him farther down on my list. However, I have no issue with people putting Walshy higher on their list. He was insane in Halo 1 and 2 and is one of the best utility players of all time.  

Pistola's career > RoyBox's career, no question.  Also Walshy won events in three games, not two.  On top of that he was still a really good player in 2009. 

Ogre 1 was the most feared player during his peak, but he did it during a time with much less competition. His level of play wasn't the same at the end of his career although I think he had pretty damn big potential at Halo 3. Lethul has won 8 of the last 9 events in an era with more competition and higher incentive to win. Royal 2 has been one of the three best players at the last two titles (and in my personal opinion the best player in the last two titles) and won three events while only placing outside of top 2 one time in that span. Both players also (easily) won the biggest Halo competition of all time with a big bulls eye on their back.

I have no problem with Walshy over Elamite. In my view Elamite was one of the most insane utility players of all time and had disgusting movement and strafing. I think that Elamite was always underrated and would have more event wins if he had the right team earlier. Imagine Elamite with the Ogres in Halo 2? Elamite also had two event wins during the most competitive season of Halo in my opinion (2010) when all teams had great LAN practice before every event. Walshy was struggling to make top 8 during this same time period and was a shell of his former self. 

I am a huge Final Boss fanboy and I think Halo 1 is the greatest Halo game by far. I just respect every title and the higher level of competition from late Halo 3 on ward. Just because I had OGRE 1 and Walshy lower on my list than some doesn't mean I don't respect the hell out of them. 

More competition and higher incentive to win?  What the hell are you basing this off of?  Seriously.  And when you say Ogre 1 "did it during a time with much less competition" that only shows your ignorance and freshness to competitive Halo.  Both those statements are laughably incorrect.  Although I have no problem with putting ElamtieWarrior in the top 10, he accomplished a lot and I feel lit often time gets overlooked.  But no way you can honestly put him above Walshy. 

You don't rank people on what they might've done, bro.

Otherwise Eric Lindros would be the greatest hockey player of all time.

Lemon is right.  

People have the preconceived notion that Halo 1 and 2 counts for more than subsequent releases. It makes no sense considering the level of competition sky rocketed from Halo 3 on. And like you said, it is crazy to punish players for being too young to compete during the first two titles. 

Personally I don't think I have a "preconceived notion that Halo 1 and 2 counts for more than subsequent releases."  When I look at event wins I take into account the year, how many teams attended, the prize pool, the settings being played, the prize pool, the spectator numbers, etc.  And for the record, no one is punishing newer players that were too young to compete in H1 & H2, but people who have been playing and following this scene for a long time aren't just going to assume the newer GOATs could have even been in the same league as the top 8 teams from the older eras.  That would just be silly.

LMAO at the notion of competition being increased since Halo 3 ended. Are you high? I already debunked this garbage. You can't claim there is better competition when the playerbase is 10% of what it used to be, also when the games competitively are broken compared to their predecessors. It makes no sense.

Placing arguably the best player across the two highest skillgap games in the series, from which he never came lower than 2nd in any tournament he entered to boot (meaning he had mental strength too) less than 3rd all time is just ludicrous to me. I think he's still 2nd in tourney wins to only his brother despite retiring 4 games ago.

Did we just become best friends?

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's fair enough but I think they're top 10 players for what they did in Reach/H2A/H5 (and end of H3 for Snakebite). I just dont like the ethos of X player didnt win tourneys in CE/2 and so shouldnt be compared, skillwise, to those who did when they werent even competing. If LethuL and Snakebite played in CE and couldnt prove themselves as top 16 2v2 team and in H2 couldnt prove themselves as a top 32 4v4 team and then went on to have success in Reach/H2A/H5 I'd understand the argument as they couldnt compete with the best in the games with the highest skill gap and population. But how can this be an argument when they didnt get the chance to compete then? Surely your logic works both ways? 

So then I can just go ahead and say that if the older pros had never stopped competing they would solidify themselves even further in the top 10.  Who's to say that if Zyos, Ogre 1, Saiyan, Karma,Gandhi, StrnagPurple, and others didn't end their careers short that they would have still been top 8 calibur players?  You can't just choose your favorite players and create this fantasy world in your head where they would have stomped in the Halo games they didn't compete in.

There are plenty of players who have not cut it in certain games. Look at SK and Hysteria in Halo 2, they were middling players the whole time, until H3 came around and suddenly they were unholy good. Similarly, Karma and Walshy fell off in H3 and only managed to get back to the finals once for each of them.

Pistola is an example of a player who didn't compete in H1 because he was too young and didn't make it in H2 4s because he couldn't land a team, but both has the stats and passes the eye test of someone who deserves to be in the top 10 regardless.

Agreed son.  I'm surprised how much people are underrated Pistola ITT.

Do you blame them?

I never really played HCE MP until the MCC and it didn't take long to realise that it's the best Halo MP game.

If new age halo pros don't like being overshadowed by older halo games/players maybe you guys should start advocating for a more skill based game instead of praising radar, ridiculous autos, underpowered utility weapon's etc.

We need more people like you in the world.

Preach it.

We will never get what we want if we keep settling for diarrhea.

We need to build up the H1 and h2 LAN communities like smash players did. I admire them for their perseverance. Their original competitive player base was a fraction of halo's so there's no reason it can't be done except for lack of effort.

No one asked but here's my list.

Ogre2

Walshy

Ogre1

Saiyan

Roy

Snipedown

Tsquared

Lunchbox

Pistola

Zyos

I considered all the games equally so Snipedown is only really there because of the AGL days of H4, Heinz almost made it too because of those. If I take those out I'd replace Snipedown with Lethul maybe (WAT).

So...you're just gonna ignore the fact that he won events in 2008 with two different teams and he won the national championship in his rookie year as well?  And he won another event in 2009.  Are you also gonna ignore that he was arguably the best player in H2A?  And was still pretty decent at Reach.  

What about all Snipedowns success outside of Halo 4? Is that irrelevant?

^^See?

It's not irrelevant, honestly he'd probably stay on the list but including his 5 AGL wins (and that 1 UMG H4 win) really secured his spot.

Well you need money, venues, many players willing to take off work and travel, you need sponsors, you need the best players competing all the time, you need a stream setup, all the equipment.  It's a lot harder than it sounds.  But  I do hope it happens one day.

@@Teapot, check out some VOD of Columbus 2012. Reach is like that ugly nerdy chick that got a makeover and became super hot, but it happened in college and only a few of the guys she went to high school with know how hot she really is.

When people bag on Reach, I can't help but wonder if they played v7.

v7 was pretty decent but the maps were still god awful though.  AGL 1 and 2 also played NBNS so that's worth checking out as well.

To be fair, thats kinda the point. Reach was the worst Halo game until it got a makeover for a niche audience. Was V7 good? Hell yeah. But nobody knows or cares about it.

We need a Halo to do that off the bat so people can really experience a competitive Halo.

We will probably never get this unless a different company makes a main Halo game.  But I do hope it happens eventually.

all stock maps were still poop, jumping sucked, snipe was annoyingly easy compared the prev gen h3, and the movement in v7 shattered all previous iterations of what defined ice skates, and the camo sucked (tho doju's modded camo is decent, it's still not h3's or as useful as h1's). But yeah, who knew giving us a starting weapon that shot straight drastically improved the game? Oh, ppl been saying that since 2004. h2 prepatch was an abomination, not as much as default reach, but damn pretty close. 

Took the words right out of my mouth.  Spot on.

1. ogre 2

2. ogre 1

3. pistola

4. roy

5. naded

6. lunchbox

7. legit

8. snipedown

9. shockwave

10. fearitself

this is just my personal opinion and 99.9% based on halo 2 and 3 when i played

here is my list just from halo 2 

1. ogre 2 (i didnt play halo 1 and i know it was even worse back then but i literally did not even understand how he was so good, in 2007 he could have been number 1 2 and 3. some of his tournament matches in the later stages of the bracket looked like he was searching team hard core on a smurf account from an individual perspective)

2. naded

3. ogre 1 (i think he stopped caring in 2007, he was probably the best in 05 and early 06. in halo 3 im pretty sure he was in australia for like the first 6 mo of the game and barely played and still was crazy good some how)

4. strongside

5. shockwave

6. legit

7. gandhi (maybe was the best player for some time in 2006, if you played him on sanctuary he would just sit in the rocks and his carbine and shut down the entire other team by himself. it didnt matter if you unzoomed him he would at least drop your shields 90% of the time)

8. ghostayame

9. karma

10. lunchbox (he was better than roy at halo 2 imo)

honorable mentions. (ppls that i thought were amazing at h2 but underrated overall)

soviet 

pow wow (also amazing and underrated)

dysphoria

defy in 2005 and 2006

dirt migirt

bonfire

hulk z

cloud

d fury

snipedown (even tho he was purely online in h2 he was still incredible)

How you choose to have Naded in your top 10 over Walshy baffles me.  And in the second list how can you have Lunchbox over Neighbor?  

i think SK was a lot better at halo 2 actually, hysteria was also really really good at h2 but teams were really really averse to picking up unproven players until snipedown happened in h3

i think if people thought about picking up players the way they did in halo 3, in halo 2, snipedown hysteria and pistola would have been on top 4 teams.. hypothetically

Or maybe they just needed time to grow as pro players?

anything past halo 3 should be valued minimally for the simple fact that it was essentially just all the people that kept playing that increased the level of competition within a small group of 20 or 30 players..

Pretty subjective but I think this is accurate.  I've said similar things to this idea is my previous posts.

Oh it still had it's faults for sure, but I freaking loved it.  Zealot and Countdown Flag were both a blast.  I think Powerhouse was a great map and would have played KotH fantastic if we just would have used it.  But yeah, the other disc maps were crap.  

I had no issues with the jumping.  Yeah you couldn't jump as high, but the maps were based around the jump height so I didn't really care. It just meant some of the jumps were a little harder, which I also didn't mind. 

The sniper did have a generous hitbox for the head, but it was still a better sniper than H2's imo, with it's ridiculous sweep sniping garbage.  And knowing what would come later, it doesn't even seem that bad now! lol.

I personally didn't have an issue with the movement in v7.  I know I still strafed plenty of people and had plenty of people put a sick strafe on me.  I can understand if it felt uncomfortable for others, but I just didn't feel it.

Still better than H2's camo.

It's one of the best starting weapons we've ever had in 4v4.  It had honest to God static spawn times for power weapons.  The maps, while grey, were a lot of fun to play on (especially the Beaver Creek remake, who knew that map could play KotH so well?).  It had one of the best netcodes in the series. It had the grenade launcher. It did a lot of things right that we ask for constantly, and it had very very little of the bullshit that we hate about so many of the games in this series.

Do you consider v7 Reach to be better than v8 H3?

1. Pistola.

2. Snipedown.

3. Walshy

4. Roy

5. T2

6. Ogre2

7. Royal 2

8. Lunchbox

9. Lethul

10. Zyos (for the nostalgia)

I can tell why you have a lot of red rep.

he didnt compete in halo 4

Didn't he play in the H4GC?

Well if I remember correctly, SK teamed with Neighbor on Triggers Down who also didn't show to be that good at H2, or at least not nearly as good as he was in H3. 

People say Snipedown was around in H2 but I don't remember that.

No he wasn't, at least not in the tournament LAN scene. Who's saying these things?  Lol

needed time to grow as pro players?

• Upvote (+1) 3

it was so long ago, but i believe in 07 he was on the agency with victory and mackeo. i think that was the third best team. i just feel like he was better at h2 individual wise. i remember in like 05 or early 06, before they were known players i had played him in neighbor in 2v2's like ten games straight and i dont think that we broke 30 against them, i got so mad i just turned off my xbox kek

snipedown just played online in h2 he pissed everyone off cause he would take a shit on current pros in customs, and he would get these absurd hit percentages in ffa's, like 70%+, cause he didn't bother shooting anyone unless he thought he could get the kill. a lot of people tried to copy his style it was unique, because the regular way to play was to put out as many shots as possible like 1400+, he would do like half that.

i like this thread a lot, i haven't thought about halo in years

Yes SK has been playing since 2005, his team the Agency was top 4 in 2007.  They rotated players like Elamite, Naded, Victory X, and Mackeo.

(1)Ogre 2 - His placings say it all - none cannot put this guy number 1

(2)Pistola - Has been considered a top 5 player (if not the best) across three separate halo titles

(3)Walshy - Accomplished so much in his halo career.

(4)Ogre 1 - only reason he is not higher is soley due to longevity of his career.

(5)Roy - same reason as Pistola, he has been on at least a top 4 team ever since halo 2 and has been considered one of the best players for the majority of that time.

(6)T2 - Cannot ignore this man, he transformed the image of a gamer, he was dominant across three titles (the penicule of halo) and even placed second in a reach event.

(7)LBX - look above at roy

(9) Lethul - Now before people bite my head off let me explain, Lethul recently was announced to be the person who has won the most money in console e-sports history over taking karma for a brief period. He may be a reach kid but has been dominant since he has been on the scene, He defeated the god squad in reach, was on a god squad in MCC and is on another in Halo 5. Money talks and lethul has earned more than pro's that have been competing for far longer than he has.

(10) Naded - I pondered this one for a seriously long time, but you cannot ignore the longevity of this man's career and the success he continues to find. He has placed in the top 3 in every single halo since he started competing that is 6 halo games, which is bonkers to think about, I mean he has been competing for so long and still continues to see success. The reason he is tenth and I had to ponder is because he has yet to secure his first event win.

Edit I placed alot of emphasis on the longevity of a players career, as to be the best halo player, you can't just be dominant in one game in my opinion, you have had to place well across multiple titles and have been somewhat consistent.

Ace in the top 10?  He doesn't even deserved to be put over his brother.  And Naded won an FFA event in 2007.

Ogre 2, Pistola, Roy/Lunchbox, Walshy, Snipedown, Naded, T2, Strongside, Ghandi

Tough list to make.

Why Gandhi over Shockwave or Karma?

That's what I meant, after they won the first event Walshy only got back to the finals at Toronto I believe. 

False.  Walshy got 2nd at Vegas of that year, as well as Meadowlands and Dallas of the following year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

False.  Walshy got 2nd at Vegas of that year, as well as Meadowlands and Dallas of the following year.

I must be thinking of Karma, then. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No offense to ace, but he's not top 10 material.  He's not even the best in his family.  

Karma, was great in 1 game, he fell off in h3 and was non existent in halo reach, he was only great in halo 2, this is the top 10 HALO players not halo 2 players.

As far as Snipe-down goes, I really deliberated over including him, in the top ten but decided against it, as i felt others deserved it more, It is just my opinion though. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

I must be thinking of Karma, then. 

Most likely.  Karma got 1st place on tD at Dallas 08.

Most likely.  Karma got 1st place on tD at Dallas 08.

I just looked it up, Walshy got 2nd at Toronto with Roybox and Soviet. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Karma, was great in 1 game, he fell off in h3 and was non existent in halo reach, he was only great in halo 2, this is the top 10 HALO players not halo 2 players.

As far as Snipe-down goes, I really deliberated over including him, in the top ten but decided against it, as i felt others deserved it more, It is just my opinion though.

Let me attempt to change your mind on this.  Karma won major events spanning from 2005-2008.  He was part of the only team to dethrone the FB dynasty in 2006, which many people at the time thought was impossible.  He was the FFA national champion in 2005 and 2006, thus giving him 3 in total.  Only a hand few of players can say that.  Karma also won an event in H3, helping tD take down Str8 in the 08 Dallas grand finals.  And with all of that being said I think the main reason why Karma continues to be in my top 10 is the fact that he won every single FFA tournament in 2006.  He didn't lose a single one.  And yes, I will admit that Carbine starts on Warlock aren't the most ideal 1v1 settings; however he was so dominant that MLG had to changes the rules for the following season so that others had a chance to win.  They didn't take out 4v4 even though the Ogres and Walshy were basically undefeated for 2 straight years, they did it for Karma.  

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Karma's 06 FFA run certainly offsets Ace's H4 FFA win.  Then Ace won once in Reach and once in H2A.  Karma won multiple times in Halo 2 against one of the best teams ever assembled and once in Halo 3 when the scene was still massive.  

There are a lot of people that are more accomplished than Ace in my opinion.  I'm just failing to follow the line of thought.    

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reason for putting ace in over karma: look below:

Now as for ACE, granted he doesn't have as many accolades as some other candidates, but throughout his entire career he has always been there or there abouts. Alot of players on other lists had 1 good game where they were a top 5 player, and were dominant but that is it, and I know nostalgia is a powerful thing but halo has had 7 games in its competitive history being dominant in one is not enough to warrant a place in the top 10 in my opinion. To warrant a place in the top ten you have to have accomplished something across multiple titles and not just 1. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Exactly what I said.  

I just looked it up, Walshy got 2nd at Toronto with Roybox and Soviet. 

Whatever happened to Soviet?  He had so much promise.

Esportsepedia shows every placing for each MLG event, the rosters, and placings for individual players over the years.

http://halo.esportspedia.com/wiki/Walshy

Here's Walshys. You can click around and find a lot of different players and events.

They have a lot of information, but not everything.  http://www.esportsearnings.com/ is also a good resource.

Karma's 06 FFA run certainly offsets Ace's H4 FFA win.  Then Ace won once in Reach and once in H2A.  Karma won multiple times in Halo 2 against one of the best teams ever assembled and once in Halo 3 when the scene was still massive.  

There are a lot of people that are more accomplished than Ace in my opinion.  I'm just failing to follow the line of thought.    

Agreed. Ace only has 4 events wins.  Two of them in Halo 4.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now as for ACE, granted he doesn't have as many accolades as some other candidates, but throughout his entire career he has always been there or there abouts. Alot of players on other lists had 1 good game where they were a top 5 player, and were dominant but that is it, and I know nostalgia is a powerful thing but halo has had 7 games in its competitive history being dominant in one is not enough to warrant a place in the top 10 in my opinion. To warrant a place in the top ten you have accomplished something across multiple titles and not just 1. 

I'm done.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now as for ACE, granted he doesn't have as many accolades as some other candidates, but throughout his entire career he has always been there or there abouts. Alot of players on other lists had 1 good game where they were a top 5 player, and were dominant but that is it, and I know nostalgia is a powerful thing but halo has had 7 games in its competitive history being dominant in one is not enough to warrant a place in the top 10 in my opinion. To warrant a place in the top ten you have to have accomplished something across multiple titles and not just 1. 

Honestly with that criteria I don't understand why you have lethul below ace.  And snipedown fits your own criteria way more than ace.  Even snakebite and royal 2 at this point.  

Also, surely you can agree that halo 1, 2, and 3 accomplishments deserve more weighting than reach, 4, and h2a.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

bye

You didn't even acknowledge my points in this post.  I just cannot understand your point of view when you objectively compare the careers of both players.  

Honestly with that criteria I don't understand why you have lethul below ace.  And snipedown fits your own criteria way more than ace.  Even snakebite and royal 2 at this point.  

Also, surely you can agree that halo 1, 2, and 3 accomplishments deserve more weighting than reach, 4, and h2a.  

I agree Snipedown may have been an overisght, and I do infact agree with you that h1, h2, h3 accomplishments are weighted more, hence why 3 fb members are in the top 4 but those players still did something across multiple titles.

Btw i would like to point out this is my opinion, my word is not gospel, nor is anyone of yours, Karma's halo 2 achievements are incredible, apart from final boss members he accomplished the most in H2 but he did virtually nothing for the rest of his career, apart from that one tournament in h3 which if we are being honest he was fortunate to be on. I am stunned so many people here are lobbying for his inclusion when his former teamamte didn't even include in the top ten either. He had 1 good game out of 4 that he competed in.  

I am not saying Karma wasn't a goat in h2, he was a top player, probably in the top 4 but my criteria for the top ten requires a player to succeed in more than 1 title and karma just doesn't meet that. I would have put ghost and shockwave in front of karma in my list, the only member of carbon I would have put him in front of is Gandhi

that one tournament in h3 which if we are being honest he was fortunate to be on. I am stunned so many people here are lobbying for his inclusion when his former teamamte didn't even include in the top ten either. 

I don't think it's fair to try and discredit his h3 win because he was "fortunate to be on" the team.

And why are you using gandhi's top 10 as any basis when you didn't include some of his?  In my opinion all of gandhi's top 20 would still be ranked higher than ace.  

I'm not specifically arguing that Karma should be in the top 10 no matter what.  If you saw my list I didn't even include him, but I believe he is right around that point without a doubt.  There are others I believe can be argued.  But ace is nowhere near that list.  His inclusion is what I'm trying to understand.  

• Upvote (+1) 1