Sign in to follow this  
Gunslaying

Gunslaying Introtage

First time ever putting clips together got 1000s probally saved up, going to edit small chill montages I like to call flowtages without super editing (though some) that just playout sooo good. Lots of editing and work left to do here but a start just to get my name out there a small bit maybe :)

This is not even 1% of the final montage and is a dev build

I also suggest going full screen, I tried to watch imbeded video and its way better bigger or fullscreen (will be required for actual video its in 1080)

The mood really changes after this first song, then it goes into some Halo 2/3 clips that I really enjoy merged with the rest of the Halo 5 gameplay theres still lots of that too.

I just want some views and friends to play with now that I'm back at it hard again. Want to meet some people and this seems like a good place to do so, so I'm going to stick around posts updates here and there and release a great first montage to intorduce myself to the community and hopefully grow as a Halo player and play on a team in some events coming up. I got the framework and knowledge just need to people to play with who are also on that level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cool video man. Some feedback: maybe increase the game volume in the mix slightly, and add a few moments of syncing between the gameplay and the music. Like when the song is going into a transition, line it up with a sick moment in one of your clips. Leverage the flow of the songs to highlight the best moments in your gameplay.

Nice job on the video though, I'll be on the lookout for the final version.

I get that you're trying to go for a chill type of montage, but I feel like syncing the music more would go a long way. 

Thanks guys as I said I've done litterly no editing to this video, I will of course sync the music better with this song plus all the others, I just threw together a few clips and a song just to get a few clips out there. I'll keep you updated when I actually get it fully edited and ready to see, theres not much here yet, but thanks for watching and commenting, helps us starting out ALOT!

Some new footage from my Introtage, please remember to not comment on syncage with music these are unedited sneak peaks not completed montage material so please treat these as that.

ALSO DON'T FORGET FULLSCREEN ;)

@ increased game volume

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Gunslaying, I don't mean to be that guy, but how can these videos be "chilltages" given the content of the music?

Nice clips either way.

Haha thanks man, but you don't ever chill and listen to EM? The songs used in these videos are all about being the best I think they fit pretty well :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha thanks man, but you don't ever chill and listen to EM? The songs used in these videos are all about being the best I think they fit pretty well :P

Well, I don't listen to rap(nothing against anyone that does), but I understand that you want to use that music for your montages, however there is rap out there that has more of a "chill" vibe. If I can recall at one point EM was talking about skull fucking someones severed head? Lol, that doesn't give your montages a chill, mellow feel.

I won't post his work in your content thread, but I'd suggest watching montages by Tommy Kost. He uses rap music in them, but it maintains a very chill vibe.

@Brother John

Will do my man thanks for the suggestion I always enjoy waching Halo montage videos, and I get what your saying about the songs not having a "chill" tone to them and but maybe I misinformed what I meant by "chill", like not crazy editing just some gameplay, music and minimal editing. Looking forward to completing this and other projects and sharing them here :)