Sign in to follow this  
TheActMan

The Fatal Flaw With Halo 5's Custom Games

Halo 5 has huge potential with custom games and forge, and so many people have made incredible maps. I'm sure we've all seen flapjack frenzy! However, there is a fatal flaw with custom games that prevents a lot of maps from being played the way they were meant to be.Player stats/traits are the same for EVERYONE!

There are no leader traits in Halo 5, or any way to make one spartan/team different from another! This severely limits and game types/maps that require one or more players to be stronger or weaker than another. One example is Slenderman, where one player is supposed to be the invulnverable Slender Man that hunts the other players as they run and hide.But if the Slender Man is invulnerable, then so is everyone else. So players have to use honor rules for this to work.

This fatal flaw prevents a lot of maps and game types from being played properly and I hope 343 sees this because it is such a small, manageable addition that would add SO MUCH to Halo 5's Custom games, and Forge.I go into more detail in this video: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I noticed this as being a really big limiting factor when playing some of the popular forge stuff with friends. That and the lack of round-options. I think Infection will offer a solution to this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Actually, you know what I would say is the fatal flaw of Halo 5's Custom Games?  The fact that they are all online only.  Fact is, 10 years from now, when the servers are dead, and you want to dust off Halo 5, you won't be able to play anything outside of the campaign.  Customs use dedicated servers, so when those servers are dead, this game is effectively dead.

It's why the classic games are timeless really.  You can go back to Halo CE, load it in your OG Xbox or your 360, and play some 4v4 Team Slayer on Wizard.  Or FFA on Lockout in Halo 2.  And you can do offline LAN parties with the classic games.  Thus, Halo 5 is a depreciating product.  As soon as the servers for it are dead, the value of Halo 5 compared to the classics is considerably less, as there is not a single offline multiplayer option.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Actually, you know what I would say is the fatal flaw of Halo 5's Custom Games? The fact that they are all online only. Fact is, 10 years from now, when the servers are dead, and you want to dust off Halo 5, you won't be able to play anything outside of the campaign. Customs use dedicated servers, so when those servers are dead, this game is effectively dead.

It's why the classic games are timeless really. You can go back to Halo CE, load it in your OG Xbox or your 360, and play some 4v4 Team Slayer on Wizard. Or FFA on Lockout in Halo 2. And you can do offline LAN parties with the classic games. Thus, Halo 5 is a depreciating product. As soon as the servers for it are dead, the value of Halo 5 compared to the classics is considerably less, as there is not a single offline multiplayer option.

Also, every map and gametype is stored on a server as well, so when they shut those down, that awesome map that you spent hours on is history and the tireless efforts of the forge team become pointless. Really depressing if you think about it :/
  • Upvote (+1) 1